The Hegemony (12th Feb = 2018, Part 2)

The Dark Lord

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we can always go back to it at some point, after the old memories and "grudges" (it's probaly not serious like that, but we always have our preconceptions. Rocco! :P) disappear, so we can start with a fresh slate. Also, we should make rules in advance before we start.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Who's in on firing Archi as hegemony's mod since he apparently only intends to kill it?

Hegemony has had a long run and deserves some rest. Archi made several very good points.

This last few weeks it has only been tired more because of Archi, it needs a more relaxed, more casual moderator, let's try to get Hex to do it, that'd be fun.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Who's in on firing Archi as hegemony's mod since he apparently only intends to kill it?

Hegemony has had a long run and deserves some rest. Archi made several very good points.

This last few weeks it has only been tired more because of Archi, it needs a more relaxed, more casual moderator, let's try to get Hex to do it, that'd be fun.

NO!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

God no. Hex was the worst person to ever disgrace the tavern. He was a grammar abusive, holier-than-thou, neonazi douchebag.

Archi was the one who saved the original hegemony, and I think more good than bad came from appointing him as Hegemony moderator.

2Xeo5.png

Yeah, I don't mind slack, I mind developing uber technology...difference of paying 1 trillion per underwater city and 5 Billion for 100 is more than a bit of slack, if you want to develop something that is far in advance you pay 750 billion per city.

Because, really, it takes me about half an hour...since most things are Squares, Cubes, Spheres or Hemispheres, in terms of Volume and Surface area...and then searching for prices of the materials...Its not exactly overkill to find the stuff out, even if you had come at it without really working anything out and said '250 Billion' I would probably let it slide because that would take at least 10 years, and so the game would slowly progress.

Anyway, I am thinking about the Civ-Col hybrid game, since, for the most part, it doesn't require moderation it should be fine, even though I am reading for, and writing, my essay at the moment. If people want another game out at the moment though.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Vikings were burried in mounds of rock, as were their ships.

*sigh* You always have to be a kill-joy when it comes to anything Nordic.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Anyway who, anyone wanting to pay their respects will have 3 days from now, then I will lock the thread and remove it.

Just some random stuff from other languages

Pesamenteiro - Portuguese: one who joins groups of mourners at the home of a dead person, apparently to offer condolences but in reality is just there for the refreshments.

Kanjus Makkhicus - Hindi: a person so miserly that if a fly falls into his cup of tea, he'll fish it out and suck it dry before throwing it away.

Tartle - Scottish: to hesitate when you are introducing someone whose name you can't quite remember.

Hira Hira - Japanese: the feeling you get when you walk into a dark and decrepit old house in the middle of the night.

Biritululo - Kiriwani, Papua New Guinea: comparing yams to settle a dispute.

Poronkusema - Finnish: the distance equal to how far a reindeer can travel without a comfort break.

Pisan Zapra - Malay: the time needed to eat a banana.

Layogenic - Tagalog, Philippines: a person who is only goodlooking from a distance.

Gattara - Italian: a woman, often old and lonely, who devotes herself to stray cats.

Vrane Su Mu Popile Mozak - Croatian: crazy, literally "cows have drunk his brain".

Alas for the Hegemony, I hardly knew ye.

I think we should jettison it into space. Then again, wouldn't want to attract amphibious aliens...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Somebody should make a story of Hegemony, centred on the view of different soldiers, officers, civilians, medical staff, researchers and such in each chapter. All the characters would be from different countries, obviously.

Would be epic.

2Xeo5.png

Yes it would I would be very interested to see the story from the eyes of olga the wife of a crushed (literally) terran marine as well as from the loosing side of the war (me).

LNYvk.png

Probably gonna start a tonne of arguements, so I think it is a brilliant idea. =P

No, seriously, it would be interesting, so I am game for writing something, perhaps we should decide on a character for the first chapter...a date and which Hegemony we are using would be awesome too(though if it is the first one my ability might be limited)

Mather, the speed of research, dates and times would obviously be altered so as not to affect the writing, and some fiction would probably be thrown in as well.

I like to think of it as giving the mooks a face. We play the game like a game, and then somebody writes a book which gives Terran Marine #1457429 a face, and a personality, before being send to his death.

I say we do this one first, since it's all fresh in our minds.

2Xeo5.png

I don't see many conflicts in this Hegemony that are worthy of writing. It basically just ended in a big boom.