How to profit with each skill in F2P?

Youmu

Ok, so as the topic says, I want to find the most effective training methods at my levels that also brings in decent cash. So far, I already know methods for some of the other skills:

Mining: Coal at the Mining Guild (gold is too crowded for me)

Woodcutting: Yews or willows

Fishing: Lobsters (I just get tuna if I try to get swordfish)

Runecrafting: Airs, waters, or earths

Ranged: Minotaurs with iron arrows, I consider the extra irons "profit"

However, I'm not so sure about the other skills. I don't even know if some of them make profit or not.

Smithing: I don't know if superheating does anymore. Also I have no patience for smelting.

Crafting: Not sure either

Prayer: Duh, 100% loss

Magic: Is superheating still profit? Or are there better ones out there?

Firemaking: Pure loss, NO DUH

Cooking: Not so sure

Melee: Cockroaches, lessers, giants, or ankous? Or something else?

Please help, thanks! :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

As you keep playing, you'll find that many of these skills have far greater earning potential. Additionally, some skills that cost money to level (prayer) can pay back on the other end due to their complementary benefits in activities like boss hunting.

The entire Tip.It site is dedicated to helping you understand the game and all the ins and outs of leveling up, making money, etc.

stormveritas.png

As you keep playing, you'll find that many of these skills have far greater earning potential. Additionally, some skills that cost money to level (prayer) can pay back on the other end due to their complementary benefits in activities like boss hunting.

The entire Tip.It site is dedicated to helping you understand the game and all the ins and outs of leveling up, making money, etc.

Ok, first of all I'm F2P. Why do you mention things like boss hunting?

Also, don't state the obvious. I could have already done that if there were guides like that already (which sadly there aren't due to the lack of F2P guides).

This really wasn't the type of answer I was expecting...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Not a F2P expert but I heard things about making pizza bases can get you some nice gp/hr as well as some cooking exp. Adding shrimps or other things can get more gp but not to sure on the exp.

Also if you craft some items and alch them you might make a profit on that, but not to sure about which to make and how much you will get.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

superheating steel is about 30gp loss/bar which is still pretty decent.

the only way to profit from superheating is rune...yeah.

if you want to profit with magic i'd suggest doing something like fog and selling the reward items, but that's probably slow xp. otherwise, bolt greater demons for rune full drops or something.

profiting with smithing, you'll have to gain patience for smelting as it's probably the only way. steel bars give you about 200gp profit/bar, but not very much xp.

melee, ankous are good, probably a bit crowded though

cooking, you lose less cooking swordfish over lobsters, but still a loss. pizzas are probably the best idea if you want to profit, but i don't know the figures.

i hope some of that helps. my f2p knowledge is not brilliant.

your best bet is to make money from certain profitable skills and spend that money on the more expensive ones.

In many cases, crafting jewelry will grant a profit.

The prices of gold ore have been plummeting hard ever since concentrated gold ores came out, causing more people to train smithing with the ores, and this pump bars into the GE.

Diamond rings will profit by about 300GP ea and you get a pretty nice 85 XP per ring.

Pie shells are another base you can make for some cooking exp and pretty decent profits.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

crafting, you will have to watch the prices, but gold rings, amulets, necklaces, emerald rings, and sapphire necklaces are usually profitable.

magic+smith yeah superheating, again watch the prices, you may need to hold onto the bars for a bit to get max profit, but it is there, I would go mith, today it is a 29 gp loss.

Cooking, putting anchovies on pizzas is easy profit,(good luck getting the pizzas)

For practical cooking swordfish used to be the best xp/gp(may just have to spend the money)

Melee if you are over 90 combat go with cockroaches, gp/drop nothing else comes close to them. The only other monster I would kill would be the giants, but they are usually crowded, my ranking would be hills> moss> ice

hob goblins arnt too shabby either.

Smithing: Use the ores you mine

Crafting: Use any gems you get from monsters/mining, also at lower level combat, train on cows and use the hides. I think Sapphire necklaces profit right now.

Prayer: Bury bones you get from monsters...other then that...yea...total loss

Magic: Super heating is 'SOMETIMES' Profitable, at lower level magic, using burst spells on cows makes money if you keep and sell the beef/bones (don't sell hides, use them for crafting)

Firemaking: Use the Logs you got from WC, fm is more xp then wc, so you'll have logs left over to sell. Something you might try for this too, is cut oaks for training, then calculate how much xp you'd get from the oaks, then find out how many willow logs you would need to get that same xp. Sell the oaks, and buy the ammout of willow logs you found. You'll make money since the oaks are WAY more than willow.

Cooking: Cook the fish you catch. Making Pizza can sometimes profit.

Melee: Either giants or Ankous, since they drop bones, this will ease any future prayer training you might do.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So, so far I got the following responses:

Smithing: Superheating, smelting steel bars

Crafting: Gold rings/amulets, sapphire necklaces, emerald/diamond rings

Prayer: Bones from monsters

Magic: Superheating, Fist of Guthix

Firemaking: Logs from wcing

Cooking: Fish from fishing, pizzas

Melee: Giants, ankous, hobogoblins, lessers

Thanks for the responses! I'll try them out. :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Smithing: Use the ores you mine

Crafting: Use any gems you get from monsters/mining, also at lower level combat, train on cows and use the hides. I think Sapphire necklaces profit right now.

Prayer: Bury bones you get from monsters...other then that...yea...total loss

Magic: Super heating is 'SOMETIMES' Profitable, at lower level magic, using burst spells on cows makes money if you keep and sell the beef/bones (don't sell hides, use them for crafting)

Firemaking: Use the Logs you got from WC, fm is more xp then wc, so you'll have logs left over to sell. Something you might try for this too, is cut oaks for training, then calculate how much xp you'd get from the oaks, then find out how many willow logs you would need to get that same xp. Sell the oaks, and buy the ammout of willow logs you found. You'll make money since the oaks are WAY more than willow.

Cooking: Cook the fish you catch. Making Pizza can sometimes profit.

Melee: Either giants or Ankous, since they drop bones, this will ease any future prayer training you might do.

Goods produced by yourself are not technically "free exp" if you can sell them (fast) to ge . <_<

If material price > product price, even if you get it for free, you still make a lost as if you sell it to ge instead of getting exp from it.

Pie shells are another base you can make for some cooking exp and pretty decent profits.

Pie shells earning exp? Since when? Adding pastry dough to the pie shell won't give any exp. Making the dough, won't give any exp, as far as I know.

So the only thing you can earn is gp.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

you should always train melee and ranged in monsters that drop bones/big bones.

for crafting, try to research the jewelery that is highly used in members(diamond rings/rings of life, emerald rings/duelling rings).

for smthing, smelting or superheating when the prices are right(now mith bars lose money).

magic, superheatig or alching some rune or addy items taht make profit(you'll have to research about this, but try addy scimis, rune full helm, rune dagger, rune pickaxe) or alching drops from monsters.

for cooking anchovies to pizzas make profit(at least last time i checked).

And i reccomend using the logs you cut for firemaking.

with these you should save a good amonut of money when training skills.