Coldest Winter Ever?

Madmanpur3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got them there finger issues where they're a good inch bigger than everyone else's, and thinner, and thus have less circulation. So everytime I go outside my fingers go numb. The gloves, they do nothing!

My fingers hate the cold too. I think 3 of my knuckles are somewhat bloodied right now - not from punching anyone or anything, but from the wind and stuffs. <_<

Though we haven't had any blizzards, snow days, or snow delays, and it was 50 F a few days ago. I guess it's a mild winter so far. (I can see the grass. Usually it's buried under like 2 feet of snow)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Global warming.

Lol.

Yeah our winter is slightly warmer here though.

Today 4 degrees with a wind chill of -10. I walked to school in a flannel shirt and jeans. I love the cold.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've got them there finger issues where they're a good inch bigger than everyone else's, and thinner, and thus have less circulation. So everytime I go outside my fingers go numb. The gloves, they do nothing!

My fingers hate the cold too. I think 3 of my knuckles are somewhat bloodied right now - not from punching anyone or anything, but from the wind and stuffs. <_<

Just on this subject, I cold-burned a few fingers on Thursday. Kind of embarassing, actually, I was at air rifle and our guns use CO2 tanks that need to be filled. I was filling mine when the seal popped and freezing, high-pressure CO2 shot right from the seal into the fingers on my left hand. Sonova[bleep] that stung, burned, all that good stuff, and for the next hour everytime I touched something cold (all of our equipment save for the mats are metal and stored in a cold trailer) it burned something fierce. Then I got a new tank that filled alright, but exploded in the rifle, doing the same thing to my right hand.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Here around Toronto it hasnt been a bad winter. Pretty cold but at least there hasnt been much snow for me to shovel :) Only had to shovel once this whole winter

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

although im against talking about the weather on forums...

ITS FREAKING -30 CELCIUS FFFUUUUUU-

I hope it'll warm up for tonight, i'm going bar hopping :thumbsup: All the more motivation to get a nice lady in the first bar we go to.

hiccup.png

Comparison between this year and last year snow-wise in the hide tags.

[hide]

Jan 2010 on the left and Jan 2009 on the right. Same street, got remade in the summer.

2dr9m2v.png[/hide]

There's a blizzard here currently, at last we have snow!

How long have you lived in South Dakota? I've lived there my whole life, and temperatures below freezing are the norm. It's winter. Sure over the past few we've had some warm streaks in the middle of winter, but generally it remains below freezing into March, and sometimes April if we get a nice April blizzard.

It's the norm in South Dakota tbh.

I've lived in South Dakota my entire life (21 and a half years) and this is the coldest I can remember it ever being. I'm talking consistently cold, yes I know it gets below zero every year but in past years we'd get cold spells that last a week or so then go away and come back later, this one's lasted upwards of 2 months. And when I say a cold spell I don't mean just below freezing, I mean single digit to negative temps for highs.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Global warming.

More like global cooling. <_<

Luckily, winters here never go below 0 C. Summers here, however, reached nearly 40 C once. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Global warming.

More like global cooling. <_<

Luckily, winters here never go below 0 C. Summers here, however, reached nearly 40 C once. :blink:

South Dakota is very strange climate wise in that the low for the year and the high for the year are typically separated by a good 130 degrees F, potentially 145 degree difference (-30 to 115).

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I know y'all are going to hate me but....

I live in California, so it's about 50-60 degrees Farenheit, I think that's 10-18 degrees Celsius. Personally, I haven't worn anything but a T-shirt in years, but these people are dressing for snowstorms. Yes, we are [kitties].

I live in California, so it's about 50-60 degrees Farenheit, I think that's 10-18 degrees Celsius. Personally, I haven't worn anything but a T-shirt in years, but these people are dressing for snowstorms. Yes, we are [kitties].

Don't blame us, the other folks won't be able to support our 100+ degree summers. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Don't blame us, the other folks won't be able to support our 100+ degree summers. :mrgreen:

Yea, summer's awesome, being able to walk around naked with the sun kissing your body...ok, well not with people around

Usual January weather down here in Australia. So, usual Summer weather. I do wish it was cooler though, getting sick of the heat, but it is getting better. :thumbup:

Go die in a hole.

Although really I can't complain, it's been swinging between 30s and 60s since like November. I really wish our weather would just make its mind up: cold or warm. I like the days when it gets up into the 70s though, it means I can finally leave my jacket at home :thumbup:

The problem with living in South Texas is that just about anything ~50 and below is cold. But we still have crazies like my section leader who wear shorts when it's in the 30s....

I know something about nothing, which is far better than knowing nothing about something.

Usual January weather down here in Australia. So, usual Summer weather. I do wish it was cooler though, getting sick of the heat, but it is getting better. :thumbup:

Go die in a hole.

Although really I can't complain, it's been swinging between 30s and 60s since like November. I really wish our weather would just make its mind up: cold or warm. I like the days when it gets up into the 70s though, it means I can finally leave my jacket at home :thumbup:

The problem with living in South Texas is that just about anything ~50 and below is cold. But we still have crazies like my section leader who wear shorts when it's in the 30s....

thats not crazy, thats manly.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

We finally have normal temperatres, currently -25 celcius here, wonder how long that's going to last, and also the snow that fell down yesterday.

It's been pretty chilly down here in Texas compared to last year's winter. Why, we actually got some snowfall. First taste of something besides ice in 5 years. I like it; beats the heat. :thumbup:

cliffside1ra5.png

Canadians don't fear the cold, the cold fears Canadians.

I beg to differ...

The minute I stepped off the plane, after having returned from my two week stay in Jamaica, I felt the cold breeze pierce my body from all angles. It was as if it was saying, "Remember me?"

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]