Is death a topic that should be joked about?

Zierro

I kind of have mixed feelings. Where does one draw the line?

I think I would like some humor present in my funeral. Not excessively, but I just think it would be better for my family and friends to smile and chuckle than to weep the entire day.

On the other hand, I think your death is the most awkward moment of your existence, and I'm thankful that I won't be alive to bare it. The thought of people looking at my dead body is almost humiliating. Enough to say some sort of respect is warranted, at least to spare my dead body from the aura of awkwardness. :-?

Depends on everyone's sense of humour. Some people would be VERY offended if you made a joke about someone who is dead, specially if it's someone related to them. On the other hand, some people might actually like it.

16185_s.gif

Talk and joke about everything.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I agree. People need to lighten up and don't be oversensitive about this kind of stuff, it's just a joke. Of course you can show some respect when you have to, but within boundaries jokes should always be allowed and accepted, regardless of the topic.

2dvjurb.png

To be honest, I don't care what people say. Never have, don't think I ever will. Screw having a funeral too, donate my organs, send me through the furnace thingo and chuck my remains whereever the hell you want them. There's no point in wasting space/money etc. for nothing.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I know that people can laugh at funerals, but this is usually because of how the person lived, not because they're dead.

I think death can be joked about, but there is a tasteful and a not-so-tasteful way of doing it. I'm quite fond of black humour, actually. I like the mix of cringing and laughter.

I think that it is fine to joke about it, as long as it isn't causing anybody any emotional pain. My uncle's funeral was full of jokes, just because it's how he lived. Like was said above, though, there is a right and a wrong way to do it.

Personally, I hope people DO laugh at my funeral. I can't stand the thought of people crying over my passing.

Oh, absolutely, and in any sense. I don't feel like you can ever cross the line without crossing it twice. People have even joked about how my dad's dad drank himself to death, and how my mom's dad fell off of a building, even they have (my parents, that is) and it's all good. I know some people are more sensitive about that stuff, but they just need to lighten up.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Child molestation!

hahahahaha

Yea, and rape and abortion, too. Anything can be funny if done right, and even when not done right it can at least be interesting to watch.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Farrah Fawcett died from anal cancer.

I can guarantee you that someone will crack up over that.

I have to admit..

I laughed.

Personally, I think, when it comes to joking about death, it depends on the people you are around. If someone close to them has died recently, then it's definitely a bad idea.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Farrah Fawcett died from anal cancer.

I can guarantee you that someone will crack up over that.

....guilty.

Pretty much agreeing with Sworddude. Death jokes depend on who's around, if someone's recently been through the death of someone close to them then it's probably not a good idea.

And suicide jokes are NEVER EVER EVER IN THE REST OF THE LIFE OF THE UNIVERSE funny. At least not to me.

I know something about nothing, which is far better than knowing nothing about something.

Since you guys are talking about death, I'll post this:

Death.jpg

Anything, absolutely anything can be joked about.

Personally, I hope people don't cry over my funeral. I want it to be a happy death, not one where everybody is weeping their eyes out.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm real for joking about anything, but it really depends on timing.

Joking about the death of one's father that passed away last week. Not a good idea.

Joking about rape to a rape victim. Not a good idea.

Joking about the Holocaust to a survivor. Not a good idea.

Joking about my height. Never a good idea.

Kiddin' on the last one. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Exactly what Nick said... but I have somethings to add.

I'm all for humour, but if it involves mass murder or extremely unfortunate circumstances then laughing about it usually considered distasteful.

Nick what you mentioned is joking about a particular death to one who endured it, but it goes all the same for a 12 year old dieing of leukemia, deaths of thousands by the hands of a few, and the recent earthquake in Haiti.

These things are not to be joked about even if you're not talking to someone directly involved.

Child molestation!

hahahahaha

Yea, and rape and abortion, too. Anything can be funny if done right, and even when not done right it can at least be interesting to watch.

This. :3

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I usually try to joke around when someone passes, it is how most of us get over it. Personally, I'd sell my dead body to science(screw "donating"). I don't ever plan on drinking alcohol ever in my life, or smoking, etc. So, I should have a valuable liver when the time comes.icon_e_smile.gif