Aberrant Spectres

Umoria

Well, since I said goodbye to Duradel, and went back to Chaldear, I get some pretty nice tasks. Turoth, Aberrant spectres, fire giants, Aberrant spectres etc.

Personally, I think spectres are great, the downside is that I always pray. I see people melee them without prayer, and still getting hit often.

My stats are in sig, but the question is: can I kill spectres without prayer on these levels?

At bloodvelds I made the mistake to focus really on magic defence armour. I don't want to make that mistake now on spectres.

I thought of:

Slayer helmet

Salve amulet

Black d'hide body

Sara d'hide chaps

Dragon boots/bandos boots

God cape

Whip

Rune defender/elemental shield

RoW (since I don't have berserker ring)

In iventory I use a super set, gem and 20 monks.

Give it a try, or still pray, and make the ranarr herbs into new pots?

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Salve and slayer helm don't stack so its better to wear fury or glory.

That setup is pretty much the best you can get without using karils.

The money you spend on prayer potions is made up easily by the drops.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You can use cheap food and bank more often.

You have a spirit terror bird. Load it up with trout. Put your inventory full with trout.

But to be efficient with banking you would really need the slayer ring ability. With it banking becomes a breeze at specters.

If you can't afford a berserker ring, why not go for a warrior ring. Slash bonus works well with whip.

Use superdefence pots! (if you aren't). And preferably also super att and super str.

Or use up first your food, then use your free prayer points. Tele to house. Top up prayer. Use portal to bank. Bank. Fill up with trout. Rub slayer ring. Back to specters.

The higher your levels get the more efficient you get. So see it as a temporary problem.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

You can use cheap food and bank more often.

You have a spirit terror bird. Load it up with trout. Put your inventory full with trout.

But to be efficient with banking you would really need the slayer ring ability. With it banking becomes a breeze at specters.

If you can't afford a berserker ring, why not go for a warrior ring. Slash bonus works well with whip.

Use superdefence pots! (if you aren't). And preferably also super att and super str.

Or use up first your food, then use your free prayer points. Tele to house. Top up prayer. Use portal to bank. Bank. Fill up with trout. Rub slayer ring. Back to specters.

The higher your levels get the more efficient you get. So see it as a temporary problem.

Won't stack? Oh well, I guess I was wrong on that.

To put it for the super defence and such, I will use a superset ;)

Never tried the trout method, could go with that.

And then I should consider getting the slayer ring I guess. Banking isn't a real breeze now hehe.

Thnx for suggestions :)

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Then again, my summ is 52, and not 68 so I don't have a bunyip. I have to deal with the terrorbird, stocked with food.

Umoria.png

With herb prices as they are the loot you will get from the task will be worth 500k+. The cost of pray pots is negligible in comparison so just use pray and take you bob to fill up with drops.

Also, ROW is useless against these guys as they don't drop anything that is contained within the rare drop table.

chumley.png

With herb prices as they are the loot you will get from the task will be worth 500k+. The cost of pray pots is negligible in comparison so just use pray and take you bob to fill up with drops.

Also, ROW is useless against these guys as they don't drop anything that is contained within the rare drop table.

I know, but it's the only "usefull" ring I have atm. Warriorsring is a possible ring, because I don't have the money right now to buy berserker.

Well I was comparing the sara d'hide chaps with karil skirt. Karil is better on mage protect, and offers, no attack bonus, neither the chaps do.

I can buy the karil skirt for this kinda tasks, should I consider this?

Umoria.png

Slayer rings to Smoke dungeon / Move your house to Poliveneach.

Go with your prayer outfit. Zammy book if you have it in offhand, rune defender otherwise. Got a ardy cape, put it on.

Bring a Macaw familiar for better herb drops. Super attack/strenght or a simple combat potion.

Bring a duel ring.

Bank at Castlewars --> Ardy cape to Monastry to recharge prayer / withdraw runes to tele house and recharge prayer.

Then either slayer ring to the dungeon or just leave house and run to the dungeon.

Just load up an inventory of herbs. This takes approximately your entire prayer. You COULD bring a prayer potion, but I find my inventory fills up before I run completely dry on prayer.

It goes fast and it gives a lot of profit :D

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

If you don't have a slayer ring, an Explorer's ring 3(+1 prayer), a lunar ring(gives mage defence), or whatever that other ring is that provides mage defence. Sorry I can't remember the nametongue.gif

If you are tired of wasting the money on prayer potions, take waterfilled vials and snape grass. When you get ranarr drops, just make the potions there. It saves space, and you don't have to buy quite so many prayer potions for slayer that way. I would definitely suggest praying instead of trying to tank them, however.

lalalasig2.png

It's only worth tanking if you can use a bunyip, which you can't. If you want to try, use black d'hide or karil's for mage defense. But I'd say the time you spend tanking w/o bunyip isn't worth it, as you have to bank more.

Do NOT use super defense pots. They don't help with abby spectres, as they attack with mage, not melee. But Supper Attack And Strength help a lot, both with speeding up the task and using less food, as you kill them faster.

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Do NOT use super defense pots. They don't help with abby spectres, as they attack with mage, not melee. But Supper Attack And Strength help a lot, both with speeding up the task and using less food, as you kill them faster.

from runewiki:

In addition, your passive magic defence is 70% of your magic level, and 30% of your defence level.

Ergo, defense pots work against specters. It would mean the difference between wearing a better piece of mage defense equipment.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

If you don't have a slayer ring, an Explorer's ring 3(+1 prayer), a lunar ring(gives mage defence), or whatever that other ring is that provides mage defence. Sorry I can't remember the nametongue.gif

Beacon ring I thought. I know what you mean

Umoria.png

I tested cannoning aberrant specters today, using range as well. The idea was not to spend any prayer pots.

So I only used my free prayer points for protection prayer.

I teleported to house when inventory was full (It went full before my prayer had run out - 81 prayer).

Used mounted glory to edgeville.

Banked.

Teleported back to summona with slayer ring.

Left the cannon where it was in the first place, so I just had to start it again.

I used a macaw familiar.

The idea was to see if even with suboptimal conditions you could make profit. (suboptimal: ranging gear, macaw instead of BoB; not on slayer task)

A macaw pouch lasts 31 minutes. I banked many times. I had a net profit of 296k/31 minutes

Not quite the million per hour that some claim, but then again, conditions were probably not optimal. Ranging is slower than melee. Prayer gear for ranger is restricted (actually had verac skirt on). Didn't take a BoB for extended trips.

But still, you make a nice profit, about 600k/hour. Even when you are not even trying to be perfect, or attain perfect conditions.

I didn't use prayer pots or food.

Of course I have a reasonably high prayer and range level (81-97), so this makes this method a lot easier, but I'll bet I could be more efficient if I had ranged them.

And I'm not sure I was quite lucky with drops in this 31 minutes. No mystic. 1 snapdragon.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

from runewiki:

In addition, your passive magic defence is 70% of your magic level, and 30% of your defence level.

Ergo, defense pots work against specters. It would mean the difference between wearing a better piece of mage defense equipment.

I would like to know where they found this information?

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

from runewiki:

Defense potions would do bugger all since they attack with mage, a magic potion would help reduce hits but that's a pretty terrible use of a mage pot imho.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

There's also combat potions. Sure, they aren't as good as super attack and super strength pots, but they give you points in both, which'll save you a bit of space.

Since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, you may want to use a mind shield to help with magic defense.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

from runewiki:

I was referring to the 70%/30% thing regarding passive defence.

Madouge.png

Don't forget you can try out karils.... and perhaps u shuld swap that god cape for fire cape for str bonus... honestly u dont get hit too much

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Take a War Tort and an EE. Since you're using super sets, you can use Sara Brews to boost your defense every time you repot (if you repot every 5 mins).

from runewiki:

Here is the link to runewiki

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Defense#Defence_bonuses

scroll down to magic.

Magic: Wearing ranged armour lowers the chance of magic attacks dealing high damage. The higher this bonus is, the less often an opponent will deal damage by using Magic. The maximum possible bonus attainable by players is 207. In addition, your passive magic defence is 70% of your magic level, and 30% of your defence level.

Then there is of course the Knowledgebase of runescape itself.

Guide your eyes to this page:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/magic_faq

and read this:

What affects my magic defence?

Magic defence depends on your Magic skill level, Defence level and equipment you are wearing.

The higher your skill levels and Magic bonus, the less likely you are to get hit. You will also receive less damage from a spell.

I

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

from runewiki:

Here is the link to runewiki

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Defense#Defence_bonuses

scroll down to magic.

Magic: Wearing ranged armour lowers the chance of magic attacks dealing high damage. The higher this bonus is, the less often an opponent will deal damage by using Magic. The maximum possible bonus attainable by players is 207. In addition, your passive magic defence is 70% of your magic level, and 30% of your defence level.

Then there is of course the Knowledgebase of runescape itself.

Guide your eyes to this page:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/magic_faq

and read this:

What affects my magic defence?

Magic defence depends on your Magic skill level, Defence level and equipment you are wearing.

The higher your skill levels and Magic bonus, the less likely you are to get hit. You will also receive less damage from a spell.

I

Yeah but the knowledge base doesn't say anything about the ratio being 30 : 70, I'm curious as to where rune wiki got that figure.

Madouge.png