Slaying Waterfiends

Unknown_Warrior

So, I have my first Waterfiend task ever (well, the first I didn't skip...) and I'm wondering on how to address this.

I want to try the new D&D (Familiarisation) and I've heard of the triple charms being good at Waterfiends, so I want to try it out.

Thing is, though, that my melee stats are quite abysmal and this is seemingly the recommended method. So I'm wondering: how can I maximise the number of kills in 40 minutes considering my stats?

My levels are:

75 Attack

75 Strength

93 Defence

89 Hitpoints

91 Ranged

88 Magic

78 Prayer

80 Summoning

Also, for principle reasons, I absolutely refuse to train Attack or Strength. That means I will not use the secondary attack style of Godswords, Saradomin swords, Zamorak spears and the like. Of course, if I get to Range, all the better.

I have a full Slayer helmet, so any attack style is good.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You're going to have trouble maximizing your kills without using a crush weapon. But you might want to look into the zammy spear I thought it had a defensive crush style since defence levels seems to be what you're aiming for. I've never tried ranging them but I've heard it's not too bad but no where near as good as melee with crush. You're best bet would be to find a crush weapon with a defensive attack style.

Since you want 0 atk and str xp, your best bet would probably be Torag Hammers or Verac Flail

For armour, Karils, niet, d boots, fire cape, fury.

Take a bunyip with scrolls, Enchanced excalibur if you have it, some extra food incase they don't drop raw fish for you.

Super pots would also be good to take

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Since you want 0 atk and str xp, your best bet would probably be Torag Hammers or Verac Flail

For armour, Karils, niet, d boots, fire cape, fury.

Take a bunyip with scrolls, Enchanced excalibur if you have it, some extra food incase they don't drop raw fish for you.

Super pots would also be good to take

Helm of Neitiznot?

How about the slayer helm?

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Really, don't bother. The only other decent option I know of for melee is Ancient staff+defender. But with your low stats, and since you won't use good weapons, skip.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If you're gonna outright to refuse the best weapons and attack styles on some random principle. Then just skip it.

You CANNOT effectively kill waterfiends AT ALL without using a decent crush weapon and even then they are slow as heck.

The defensive crush option on some weapons could be usable be defensive attacks do less damage than accurate, aggressive or controlled by a long shot so your just gonna take a slow monster and make them slower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you're gonna outright to refuse the best weapons and attack styles on some random principle. Then just skip it.

You CANNOT effectively kill waterfiends AT ALL without using a decent crush weapon and even then they are slow as heck.

The defensive crush option on some weapons could be usable be defensive attacks do less damage than accurate, aggressive or controlled by a long shot so your just gonna take a slow monster and make them slower.

Hi I killed 100 waterfiends with whip in an hour while I kill around 110-115 with Z spear/Saradomin Sword per hour. Don't assume you can't kill it effectively at all without a crush weapon when you probably haven't gone out and tried it yourself.

EDIT: This is at max stats with a Unicorn and on a slayer task

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Hi I killed 100 waterfiends with whip in an hour while I kill around 110-115 with Z spear/Saradomin Sword per hour. Don't assume you can't kill it effectively at all without a crush weapon when you probably haven't gone out and tried it yourself.

EDIT: This is at max stats with a Unicorn and on a slayer task

I highly doubt that. Since slash attacks virtually never hit, I've seen some people try it and despite being way higher stats than me kill substantially slower.

At max stats on task, I suppose its a doable option, but without 100% solid proof I sincerely doubt it only slows you down by 10 - 15 kills an hour, since every I saw doing it was only killing 1 - 1.5 fiends in the time I took to kill 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The dragon baxe has crush capabilities for the budget-minded amongst us. It's what I use on waterfiends.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

It's not so much budget principle as it is an ideological one.

I'm willing to spend a few million gold on this task if that's what it takes to speed it up. I was thinking using Corrupt Statius' warhammer, but considering they're 2.6M, that would 7.8M total fo 45 minutes. I am willing to sacrifice something, but that's just a bridge too far.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

If I were you, I would "test" SirIzenhime's suggestion as he/she heard you're not wanting to increase certain stats. Simply don't start your 40-minute timer until you try this on and see what it does for you. (Don't forget to carry an antifire shield with you unless you can use those fairy rings.)

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

I'm not 100% certain but last time I used one I think obby mace has a defensive attack style. Obby mace+berserker necklace+rune defender is actually pretty good there.

If I were you, I would "test" SirIzenhime's suggestion as he/she heard you're not wanting to increase certain stats. Simply don't start your 40-minute timer until you try this on and see what it does for you. (Don't forget to carry an antifire shield with you unless you can use those fairy rings.)

You can just pray mage and they won't hit you.

I was wondering, since the Chaos tunnels' monsters have higher charm drop rate and allow for combat familiars, to take it there.

Is it worth considering?

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

I was wondering, since the Chaos tunnels' monsters have higher charm drop rate and allow for combat familiars, to take it there.

Is it worth considering?

It's the best actually but only with very high stats and the best gear otherwise go to the whirlpool it's not bad.

Is it worth considering?

It's the best actually but only with very high stats and the best gear otherwise go to the whirlpool it's not bad.

What would the best gear be? Aside from the obvious weaponry like Zamorakian spear and Saradomin sword.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Is it worth considering?

What would the best gear be? Aside from the obvious weaponry like Zamorakian spear and Saradomin sword.

Full karils, slayer helm, d boots, fury, berserker ring, trimmed skill cape/ardy cape 3/soul wars cape, barrows gloves. But without saradomin sword and zamorakian spear it's not worth it. It's only slightly faster mainly because the use of fighting familiars. But don't forget you're going to be piled by them in there.

Then skip them. Your melee stats are so low that it would be a waste of time even with the optimal weapon choice (and there are only 2, SS and ZS).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Then skip them. Your melee stats are so low that it would be a waste of time even with the optimal weapon choice (and there are only 2, SS and ZS).

That's an extreme measure to take, no?

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

That's an extreme measure to take, no?

Not really.

As stated by several in this thread you need crush to kill them well and a decent crush attack at that.

A few poor crush weps give a defensive crush option, whihc is a very poor form of attack making it a bad idea - but its your only choice with ur chocies on leveling

Your stats even doing waterfiends right is slow as hell, so doing them "wrong" is jsut gonna be a supply eatting nightmare.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Torag hammer and verac flail have CRUSH ATTACK FOR DEFENSE XP

Come on stop being a idiot, all of you.

Expect those are both very slow at waterfiends.

Honestly you'd be much better off not using the 40 minute triple charms or double w/e it is and saving it for a task that's faster to kill at your stats with a better weapon and still drops lots of crimson charms. Maybe something like dust devils so you can use a whip.

Torag hammer and verac flail have CRUSH ATTACK FOR DEFENSE XP

Come on stop being a idiot, all of you.

Expect those are both very slow at waterfiends.

Honestly you'd be much better off not using the 40 minute triple charms or double w/e it is and saving it for a task that's faster to kill at your stats with a better weapon and still drops lots of crimson charms. Maybe something like dust devils so you can use a whip.

Well, they're only one class slower than both SS and ZS and do have +20 crush more.

Oh well, my last option I'll try: Could it be considered if I had extreme attack and strength potions?

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

But defensive attack options SUCK

They hit much less often and do less damage when they do hit, because they are designed to stop you getting hit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg