question about what to do

cowmaster187

i have decided that i am either gonna get 90 smith or get closer to 99 thiev next.

smithing:

how should i do smithing (doesnt have to be fast but the cheaper the better) i will use Sc tools

thieving:

either gonna do SG or a combo of pick pocketing a dorgesh kaan thieving.

which should i go for?

what do you think i should do?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

My intuition is that smithing is going to get an update sooner than thieving. When that update comes, prices will probably spike. You should train smithing now and beat the spike.

Yeah, it's been promised that smithing will have a large update in the near future. But for all we know it could be a new training method that causes prices to plummet.

In regards to your question, I believe addy plates are the most commonly used high-level traning method. That and maybe bolt tips?

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

My intuition is that smithing is going to get an update sooner than thieving. When that update comes, prices will probably spike. You should train smithing now and beat the spike.

Yeah, it's been promised that smithing will have a large update in the near future. But for all we know it could be a new training method that causes prices to plummet.

In regards to your question, I believe addy plates are the most commonly used high-level traning method. That and maybe bolt tips?

I seriously doubt that. One of the main criticisms of Smithing was that it was totally outdated. "Improving" a dated skill doesn't just mean making more methods to train it.

But yeah, I'm also well considering buying Adamant bars now before it's too late.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

at the moment i have 81 smithing.

i would need to buy 25k addy bars for 90 smith. (that is using sc hammers)

i do not have that much cash at the moment.

im looking for a cheaper way. my freind actually did addy pl8s to 99 so i know how it goes.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Superheating gold ores is cheaper than addy platebodies with SC hammers actually

If you get 5 SC hammers per hour with a clan chat, addy platebodies are 115k smithing xp/hour @ 9 gp/xp

superheat gold ores are ~105k smithing xp hour ~ 8.5 gp/xp, + about 90k magic xp/hour on the side

smelting gold ores @ a furnace is always a good option. 80k xp/hour is possible, @ 3.8 gp/xp

if you want cheap smelting gold ores @ a furnace is unbeatable thanks to living rock caverns

Naaxi.png

i dont really want to do gold ore because i jsut made about 19k gold amulets for 93 mage lol

i dont want to see gold bars again for a while.

also i am on lunar (dont really want to change)

if it comes down to it i may do that. but it is really a pain

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

You can profit by making cballs from steel bars

THIS IS THE BEST WAY

From 1 - 15 you have to make a bunch of bronze bars then smith them into swords or whatever

Once you can make Iron bars go buy a ring of forging and mine (or buy) a lot of iron ore. Smith it into bars (100% success because of ring) you can ethier smith the bars into swords or whatever again or sell them.

Once you get to 35 all you need to is the dwarf cannon quests and make cannonballs for large profit.

^^ I did that and im currently 55 smithing. Im not sure what would be the best way to continue from here though im sticking with cannonballs.

On a side not what is this big update you guys speak of? Is it gonna release soon?

ok one word to cannon balls: eew

they are slow

sorry for shooting down all the ideas lol i know it is frustrating when that happens.

so the ideas so far:

gold bars

addy bolts/pl8 at 88

c balls

i would really prefer something tha ti can use sc hammers with.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

You can profit by making cballs from steel bars

THIS IS THE BEST WAY

From 1 - 15 you have to make a bunch of bronze bars then smith them into swords or whatever

Once you can make Iron bars go buy a ring of forging and mine (or buy) a lot of iron ore. Smith it into bars (100% success because of ring) you can ethier smith the bars into swords or whatever again or sell them.

Once you get to 35 all you need to is the dwarf cannon quests and make cannonballs for large profit.

^^ I did that and im currently 55 smithing. Im not sure what would be the best way to continue from here though im sticking with cannonballs.

On a side not what is this big update you guys speak of? Is it gonna release soon?

That is actually far from the best way. In the time saved doing something else, you can most likely gain back the money you're losing, as well as the fact that it's mind numbingly slow, and since you're only at 55 smithing, you're underestimating the monotony of doing that at higher levels.

OT: You can always just look at GE and see how much making bolts would be? They usually seem to lose the least and you can use SC Hammers.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Mithril bolts at the blast furnace still profit according to my quick calculations.

EDIT: Forgot to factor in the unnoting cost, which is what really makes it efficient.

When I did this, I used the coal that I accumulated from MTK which is why I remembered it to be profitable

Smithing for sure. Because while thieving and smithing are both equally pretty much useless to have 99 in(pretty much not completely), smithing is soon to get an update that may make it very handy to be high level in.