• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Other

D_V_Devnull, long time no see :P.
Glad to see you too. :)

But I just wanted to tell you that IE6 is very outdated on the security side, you should always have the version that is current, as long as you don't have bugs
Thanks to privacy filtering that's in-place, there's no problems here with IE6, given what little it gets used for ... However, my parents and I didn't upgrade for two reasons... One, the added bugs that came with IE7 and later... Two, would have resulted in that MicroSoft-made virus known as 'WGA' infecting my parents' Win XP systems. (As you can figure, that's not acceptable.) <_<

(which is why I went from Firefox 3 right to Firefox 3.6, 3.5 was too unstable).
Maybe that's why I'm having a small issue between FF 3.5.7 and Java 1.4.2 ... Well, that, or the fact that RuneScape does some really unusual stuff, seeing as I don't have trouble with other Java applets. :roll: ... BTW, did you know a lot of people that have FF 3.6 and Java 6u10 (or later) are having problems with RuneScape? I begin to think the last good FireFox was the 2.0.0.x series. Paired with Java 6u6, it's insanely stable. :huh:

~D. V. Devnull

(p.s.: I know someone's going to try to go at me for what I know 'WGA' to happen to be under the hood... Just freaking don't... I'm about 16 shades of "Death to MicroSoft!" already... Personally, I'm going to stop following this thread anyway, so I won't see any replies.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IE is a browser for those who either don't know others exist or are too lazy to switch.

Firefox is a bandwagon browser.

Safari is a Chrome copycat.

Chrome is a browser for people who aren't power users.

Opera is the is the true innovator, speed king, and feature master. After spending two years evaluating each browser in depth, I can say with my life's confidence that no other major browser can touch even Opera's foundation. If all the other browsers were planets, Opera would be the universe and every parallel.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

[spoiler=text]

D_V_Devnull, long time no see :P.
Glad to see you too. :)

But I just wanted to tell you that IE6 is very outdated on the security side, you should always have the version that is current, as long as you don't have bugs
Thanks to privacy filtering that's in-place, there's no problems here with IE6, given what little it gets used for ... However, my parents and I didn't upgrade for two reasons... One, the added bugs that came with IE7 and later... Two, would have resulted in that MicroSoft-made virus known as 'WGA' infecting my parents' Win XP systems. (As you can figure, that's not acceptable.) <_<

(which is why I went from Firefox 3 right to Firefox 3.6, 3.5 was too unstable).
Maybe that's why I'm having a small issue between FF 3.5.7 and Java 1.4.2 ... Well, that, or the fact that RuneScape does some really unusual stuff, seeing as I don't have trouble with other Java applets. :roll: ... BTW, did you know a lot of people that have FF 3.6 and Java 6u10 (or later) are having problems with RuneScape? I begin to think the last good FireFox was the 2.0.0.x series. Paired with Java 6u6, it's insanely stable. :huh:

~D. V. Devnull

(p.s.: I know someone's going to try to go at me for what I know 'WGA' to happen to be under the hood... Just freaking don't... I'm about 16 shades of "Death to MicroSoft!" already... Personally, I'm going to stop following this thread anyway, so I won't see any replies.)

God, you again.

And yep, i'm going reply on why Windows Genuine Advantage is not a virus. First, i've never heard about this until this post and i haven't studied the subject further.

To me it seems that all the different anti-virus programs out there in the world, some would have reported strange things happening. And those more skilled with computers would too, without any help from program-x.

Alot of companies uses validation programs, so i assume they all are viruses too? Or is it just the one from MS that is?

And i also assume you're using a Unix system since you have a passionate hatred of Windows and other products from MS.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Safari 4's UI is copy of Chrome's. Also, its Top Sites were copied by Opera's Speed Dial and Chrome's history-based version.

In my opinion, the only important innovation Safari has created is RSS integration.

EDIT: Dbz here. Forgot I was still on this account.

Safari 4's UI was copied by Chrome. Also, its Top Sites were copied by Opera's Speed Dial and Chrome's history-based version.

In my opinion, the only important innovation Safari has created is RSS integration.

EDIT: Dbz here. Forgot I was still on this account.

That would make Chrome the copycat, then.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I use FireFox because of the customization and power, especially because of about:config, but I use Google Chrome because it's fast as hell.

FireFox is my favorite by far, though.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

IE is a browser for those who either don't know others exist or are too lazy to switch.

Opera is the is the true innovator, speed king, and feature master. After spending two years evaluating each browser in depth, I can say with my life's confidence that no other major browser can touch even Opera's foundation. If all the other browsers were planets, Opera would be the universe and every parallel.

I can see the bias reeking from this post.

This test would like to prove you wrong. Also, different browsers suit different people.Sure you may love what Opera has to offer, but Average Joe over there prefers what Firefox has to offer. It's all about choice, hence why the thread is browser of choice, not what's the best browser.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

This test would like to prove you wrong.

That test is outdated. It uses old versions of Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

That would make Chrome the copycat, then.
Woops, reverse that. I meant to say "Safari 4's UI is copy of Chrome's."

Where did Safari 4 copy Chrome's UI? The look of Safari as basically been the same forever. They did put tabs on top (which I preferred) during the beta but they reverted back tabs on bottom.

tFtfA.jpg

This test would like to prove you wrong.

That test is outdated. It uses old versions of Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.

Well I'm sorry that there isn't a monthly test on the major browsers. If, however, you'd like to do so, by all means link it to here.

Well I'm sorry that there isn't a monthly test on the major browsers. If, however, you'd like to do so, by all means link it to here.
There are a few that are ongoing.

http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action

Run that test and when you get to the results screen, scroll down. The fastest system is currently Opera 10.51 with over 13,000 points. Chrome 5 held the previous record with just over 10,000 points.

Speed, however, is only one aspect of Opera that can be appreciated. It is the source of many innovations other major browsers have adopted. The browser market would be substantially different if Chrome or Opera had not existed.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

There are a few that are ongoing.

http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action

Run that test and when you get to the results screen, scroll down. The fastest system is currently Opera 10.51 with over 13,000 points. Chrome 5 held the previous record with just over 10,000 points.

Speed, however, is only one aspect of Opera that can be appreciated. It is the source of many innovations other major browsers have adopted. The browser market would be substantially different if Chrome or Opera had not existed.

The test is only based on JavaScript. Furthermore, the test is largely influenced by the CPU and GPU within the system and it is unlikely that a user is going to be benchmarking every browser.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

It is the source of many innovations other major browsers have adopted.

Such as? The only ones I can think of came from NetCaptor (tabbed browsing) and Firefox (add-ons and extensions.)

The browser market would be substantially different if Chrome or Opera had not existed.

How would it be?

If it weren't for Chrome, no major browser would be seriously trying to make each tab run in separate processes, and it also put pressure on other browsers to increase the performance of their JavaScript engines. (Firefox 4 will have one process per tab if I remember right)

I tried hard to find what Opera has contributed but I honestly can't come up with it. You'll have to ask one of the fanboys.

C2b6gs7.png

Am I the only Opera user that has criticisms of the browser?

The UI is awkward, Flash makes it unstable, I can't seem to change the international fonts on all sites (i.e., my Japanese fonts default to MS UI Gothic instead of Meiryo on some sites), it's hideously ugly unless you theme it and the design choice in 10.50 where they hid the menu bar is horrendous. Also, this.

It still even breaks some sites, like this one.

Despite its flaws, it's still my favourite. Every time I try to use something like Chrome or Firefox, I come back to Opera.

Chrome 4 beta appears to be ranking significantly above opera 10.5.

Ran the test on IE7 and got an abysmal 306, browser froze four times as well lmao.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The test is only based on JavaScript. Furthermore, the test is largely influenced by the CPU and GPU within the system and it is unlikely that a user is going to be benchmarking every browser.
I've looked for tests that also take into account layout and graphics engines, but they're not as popular as JavaScript oriented ones. I have found CSS rendering tests like this, which on my system Opera and Chrome complete in six and twelve milliseconds respectively.

While the Peacekeeper results are in fact reliant on each user's specifications, I don't believe there aren't any Chrome users out there who don't have an i7 920 with two 4870's.

Am I the only Opera user that has criticisms of the browser?
My two criticisms are the lack of quick use of access keys and its bare-bones IRC client. Although I believe its widgets are generally underdeveloped, I find user JS and user CSS to compensate. Opera Unite's release has only furthered the boundaries.

Such as? The only ones I can think of came from NetCaptor (tabbed browsing) and Firefox (add-ons and extensions.)
Those are not innovations of Opera because they were adopted from NetCaptor and Firefox.

I will enlighten you with a list of inventions of each browser once I have the time to list them all. You will be surprised :)

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Those are not innovations of Opera because they were adopted from NetCaptor and Firefox.

I will enlighten you with a list of inventions of each browser once I have the time to list them all. You will be surprised :)

I meant browser innovations in general. dsavi does make a good point too.