~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

i love ur idea....honest ur bare ogranised n dedicated to this...i hate it wen i'm fletching its so hard to not move things round...everything keeps on going from one place to another n i cant get it rite...no wonder fletching takes me forever anyway hmm didnt read all 144 pages of comment :oops: bt its looking goood i support :D

Ataur.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already supported this idea... ages ago... 144 pages.. :P, Read the whole idea again, totally changed... but it's just getting better ;) Ii can't say any part of it isn't good, not like most other posts.

I think you should add this :

If you close your bank choosen on some spesific slot

[Exemple - Runecrafting]- in the next time you'll open your bank (If not logged out) it'll open in the Category you last time were at [runecrafting]

Reason :

When Rc, Wc, Mine, or whatever, when you come back to bank you

want to see how much collected so far...

hope you understood me :S I'm bad with explainations ^.^

Hope they'll put it inside the game already! :P

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

I am glad someone finally took the initiative to make a better bank, i have been struggling with mine, sometimes looking for 5 minutes before i find what im lookin for.

How did u get da pictures though?

Good luck in getin it trhrough to Jagex, Thanx!

RZ

RZ greets y'all

The following is my opinion and does not express the views of everyone, however I am entitled the right to my own opinion and you have the right to disagree with mine, but all the same here is my opinion!

Um Thagern I am going to be brutally honest the fact that you have made all the text into images will confuse newbs also I'm not found of it, also I see you have brought back old features which where just really whats the word ... awfull like the charity hall, to be quite honest I really wish you would change this (Finale Update) back to how it was before this because the current page is well ... um, can i be brutally honest,

I hate it however I loved the one before it so if you settle for this one plz make a button so you may change back to the normal bank because to be quite honest I would much rather use it than this.

I hope being a young adult/adult you will read my thoughts and honer my opinion and with my hopes consider my thoughts as I really cannot imagine being able to use this which to me looks atrocious.

R.I.P the older new bank page version.

Thanks

Lordofrah1

Plz look also at these previous posts of people with similar complaints!

Again, very nice idea. Would be such a huge improvement. However, I much preferred the last version. Customizable text tabs and the more compact, clean design appealed more to me. The picture tabs would cause the same problem for me as the bank does now. I'd look right past the picture I was looking for. I like to read the text. I like the new "bin" option to drop an item at your feet, but I also liked the old "bin" that stored items until you sorted them. I'd just call the new one "Drop." I'm also not too keen on the charity idea. The ability to set your withdraw amounts was also awesome. I didn't see taht feature in this version. Duno. Either way, send this to Jagex if you haven't already. They probably won't do a thing about it, but with the huge following you've got...

Here's your mini survey:

- Like the pictures, or prefer text. Text.

- Icons to small/big. Just fine.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. Great, but I liked the old one much better.

I support, but some things I wanna clarify on.

With the tabs, I liked how you could rename them and stuff, and I'm not saying I liked them more than this (because I don't) but maybe you should be able to choose between image tabs and word tabs, or when you first encounter the new bank page you could edit the tabs image, and text. The text would hover over the button, like say you have the mage image, and for text you write "Magic Equipment"? The words "Magic Equipment" would hover over the tab much like everything else in RuneScape. It would make things alot easier to understand, but here's a unique idea.

How about the ability to upload your own pictures (either a limit set as 32x32 or whatever the size of those RuneScape tab pics are or automatic resizing) to use for the tabs? I mean, it's not like it would happen to everyone else because it's YOUR account, but understanding the limitations of Java, I wouldn't expect it, but that would be kinda cool...

Jagex would probably edit the pics anyway so they would look more "useful" or something... I dunno.

BUT YEAH COOL IDEA I TOTALLY SUPPORT

:evil:

Im not sure if i like your new idea or not yew:-k

I think i like the old layout more.... but the new one is compressed and smaller.... Tharagen - could u pm me your old post (in quote) and then your new one.... i just want to compare... give you some idea on my pros/cons

Also may I request a copy of your previous post containing the last version of the bank!

Also I hope the large amount of support I have compiled is enough to convince you that I am very, very content on liking the last layout better and i will not rest until this, rather ugly in my opinion and several other peoples, bank gets put to rest for good.

Here's your mini survey:

- Like the pictures, or prefer text. Text!

- Icons to small/big. Well to start off I don't like the icons in the first place but otherwise fine.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. In my opinion which I am entitled as a citizen of the U.S.A I hate it, but I liked the old one much better.

I have no problem with you expressing your opinion, and i plan on making some changes to the bank page again. If you read this, do you prefer having the options on the sides of the bank? Again, i have no problem with you expressing your opinion, what makes you think i do?

Its not you who I thought I would have a problem with expressing my opinion with but I have had a few moderates who have problems when my opinion isn't what they want to hear, such as edits by mods saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all", just that sort of abuse of power!

If you read this, do you prefer having the options on the sides of the bank?

Also I did prefer this better and I guess if you changed all the boxes which aren't the tabs like the, lock and unlock buttons, the pictures for the tabs would be fine just maybe change them up a bit to be more useful like what use would the frog head or goblin armor or boots picture be?

I like the all around idea, and I agree that text should be in there somewhere, especialy with the buttons like swap. I also think you shouldn't be limited to the number of tabs, only to the amount of bank space. Please reply this time. :-w

I am going to put text back, don't worry, but i think 12 tabs should be more then enough, it would just get more confusing if there were to many tabs.

Putting the text back in is unrealistic, in my opinion. Considering this is going to be f2p and p2p, every person in Runescape is going to have this updated bank. This new bank is going to suck up horrible amounts of memory with the pictures, but even more with the text. Think about this: How many people play Runescape? Now multiply that number by 10. And thats how many new boxes JaGex is going to have to remember. Then take into consideration the order. With the pictures, its not you that can come up with some crazy, out there name, its JaGex. They can better control the storage space they use if pictures are used. To sum it up, I perfer PICTURES over text. I think it is fine the way it is now.

I plan on keeping the bank tabs pictures, i was talking about the buttons (lock etc) back to text. (unless people can submit better pictures. :P )

ok.. whew... The picture tabs are a lot better then the text tabs, and I agree with you changing the lock/unlock/withdraw/ect back to text. At first, it would be too complicated on which is which. The bank should be highly organized and customizable, but very user friendly.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

I don't get the point of the "lock" button. Why would you need to lock an item in place? This would make sense in the current bank, but in the new one I can't imagine how you would use it.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

if you didnt understand, then you didnt read thru it very well

The lock feature 'locks' an item in place, so even if all of the item is withdrawn, a picture with a count of '0' will be holding that place, so even if you have none of that item left in your bank, the spot will be reserved. I think the lock feature, just in its self would be a great update to our current banks

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

Again, very nice idea. Would be such a huge improvement. However, I much preferred the last version. Customizable text tabs and the more compact, clean design appealed more to me.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. Great, but I liked the old one much better.

Me too.

Awesome great idea and all the work you had put into this.

Appreciated !!!

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

I have to say that I love this bank, though I think I liked your older version better. The complexity of this new bank worries me because it may not be good for Jagex as it doesn't exactly appeal to their target audience, i.e ten year olds.

No, that wasn't sarcasm (though I almost thought it was reading it again :lol: ). The shift from a simple bank with one simple section and easy buttons with easy to understand text to this advanced bank, with pics rather than text, slots, extra dropping options, splitting up items, locking items, etc. may be a pretty big and difficult-to-accept change.

I bet it'd be a huge pain for first time players :lol: . I can just imagine the looks on their faces when they see that bank on Tutorial Island :lol: :ohnoes: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have to say that I love this bank, though I think I liked your older version better. The complexity of this new bank worries me because it may not be good for Jagex as it doesn't exactly appeal to their target audience, i.e ten year olds.

I'm with that statement. Old one was much simpler IMO

The BISSSs have been updated, so if you could include the new version I'd appreciate it:

newscape450x35fa3.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=531553][img=http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3114/newscape450x35fa3.gif][/url]

Thanks,

Inferno Char

P.S. I love the final version <3:

inferno_char.png

BTW this topic might be getting a little extra attention next week,

I personally think that it would have been nice for the first hot topic to be the one about the new bank page which was the original one but had to be removed after one day because the forum couldn't handle it!

It was a server problem, it wasn't the topic's fault. But you bring up a very interesting point -- very good idea to have a repeat of the original "Hot Topic". We'll do that bext week. Thanks for suggesting it.

Putting the text back in is unrealistic, in my opinion. Considering this is going to be f2p and p2p, every person in Runescape is going to have this updated bank. This new bank is going to suck up horrible amounts of memory with the pictures, but even more with the text. Think about this: How many people play Runescape? Now multiply that number by 10. And thats how many new boxes JaGex is going to have to remember. Then take into consideration the order. With the pictures, its not you that can come up with some crazy, out there name, its JaGex. They can better control the storage space they use if pictures are used. To sum it up, I perfer PICTURES over text. I think it is fine the way it is now.

I don't know, but wouldn't this be very similar to giving everyone an extra 10 friends on their list? I don't think it's that big of a problem. If Jagex can randomly give ~50 extra bank spaces, than 10 TEXT ONLY tabs wouldn't be that bad. I don't know how their database is set up, but either way they're going to have to remember something extra. Whether it's the variable for the picture, or a text string, it will still take up some space.

I support the text buttons. More customizable, and a sleaker look.

And if it's not too much to ask, is there any chance you could PM me the image of the previous version? I'd like to see how they compare, side-by-side. It may also give you better feedback if you wanted to just re-post that previous image, and allow people to comment on which one they prefer. It seems like a lot of posters haven't seen that last one. Just an idea.

I love the new version. As Reb said, it may be complex for some of the younger players, but I like it. It isn't that complicated and it seems easy to use. And much more organized! Now I hope Jagex uses it.

I can't wait for the day the Jagex writes in the Behind the Scenes "We will be introducing a new banking system this month!"

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

good idea, but people-be PATIENT- if you snd the idea to jagex it'll take at least 2-3 months for it to be updated, less if they don't have a lot of other things to worry about. Remember, jagex has to prioritize and i doubt this will be a high priority.

fsmbanner1.jpg