Bonus XP Weekend: Calculating Your Average XP Multiplier Per Hour

ycy

Here's how to calculate your average bonus xp multiplier for any time interval during the first 10 hours:

(integrate(((x-10)/7.5)^2+1.1)dx from x=A to x=B)/(B-A)

MSP261199f79aa288aihg8000067f50c1272i3aefg.gif

This is integrated out to be:

(-0.00592593 A^3+0.177778 A^2-2.87778 A+0.00592593 B^3-0.177778 B^2+2.87778 B)/(B-A)

MSP637199f7749af3ihidf000031ch8a1a674a0h20.gif

Where A is your starting time, and B is your ending time (in hours), with 0<=A<B<=10

To calculate this, you must either use a graphing calculator, or use wolfram alpha (Substitute A and B with your own values), to evaluate the definite integral. I will provide some results for certain A and B here:

A B Average XP multiplier

0 1 2.71

0 2 2.55

0 3 2.40

0 4 2.26

0 10 1.69

5 10 1.25

2 3 2.10

What does this mean?

It shows the average value of the bonus xp multiplier over that time interval you specified.

For example, from the second hour to the third hour, you mined 1000 iron rocks, normally you will get 1000*35=35000 xp, but in this weekend, you will get 35000*2.10 (from the table) = 73552xp.

However, this works only if you are continuously training, if you train and stop, or have some time intervals in-between gaining xp, the formula will not be very accurate.

Very nice of you to post this.

But totally useless to the average joe, as you do not explain what the dx bit does or what intergrate does.

To anyone who's not studied maths at a high level we are no wiser how to work it out at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Could you put the XP multiplier for all hour intervals up to 10 hours?

This would help people plan their activities who are too lazy or bad at math! thanx

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I don't think the formula is particularly useful. Good show on the math, however. I don't think I would have the patience to integrate that (though looking at it again, I suppose it's not too hard, and I imagine you probably did it with a computer program).

I'm not sure this will optimize anything, however. I suppose if you wanted to divide your time across many skills it would give you an idea of how much time you need to spend on each, but that might require excessive planning.

Flyingjj.png

Very nice of you to post this.

But totally useless to the average joe, as you do not explain what the dx bit does or what intergrate does.

To anyone who's not studied maths at a high level we are no wiser how to work it out at all.

You don't need to understand integration to use this, you just need to plug A (your start time) and B (your end time) into this expression:

MSP637199f7749af3ihidf000031ch8a1a674a0h20.gif

Where A is your starting time, and B is your ending time (in hours), with 0<=A<B<=10

Basically, integration being the calculation of the surface below the curve of a graph, it'll give you a rectangle, being, in this case, time*average multiplier.

This way, dividing the value of the integral by the time value will give you your average multiplier for that period.

WarBlastoise.png

Are you people serious? It is just integration of a polynomial...You are integrating a couple terms that are all added together. This means you can do the integral term by term. All it is is the integral of AX^2+BX+C where A B and C are constants.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Are you people serious? It is just integration of a polynomial...You are integrating a couple terms that are all added together. This means you can do the integral term by term. All it is is the integral of AX^2+BX+C where A B and C are constants.

Remember that many people on this forum are high school or below, and have likely not encountered integrals at all. Simple enough to you and me, yet practically Siberian Yupik (I picked the most obscure language I could think of off hand, just in case someone spoke one of the more common ones I could think of) to someone who has only ever studied up to geometry in math.

Flyingjj.png

Or to those who dropped out of college. Tehe.

Where I come from, you have to take calc in high school...Junior year is trig for the first half, then pre-calc for the second half. Then you take calc senior year. The smart kids do calc junior year then "advanced math" senior year, which is basically a calc 2.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Or to those who dropped out of college. Tehe.

Where I come from, you have to take calc in high school...Junior year is trig for the first half, then pre-calc for the second half. Then you take calc senior year. The smart kids do calc junior year then "advanced math" senior year, which is basically a calc 2.

The thing is though even in America not everywhere HAS to do calculus at that level.

Translate over to UK school system and high school ends at 16, so unless you chose to attend college/sixth form AND to study maths while there you don't do such advance Calculus either.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

and because the school system in QLD is so [cabbage], i never even seen calc. lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Currently in Calc BC, so this makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the formula btw, totally going to train agility for the weekend. If you wanted to, you could add a small additional function that takes into account any rests, but it would be a waste.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Guest TrixStar

xpmultipliers.png

rows are starting hours. columns are ending hours.

Sorry for being confused by this but what does it matter when you start during the weekend? Isn't it just based on the time you log in going forward counting login time? I'm probably reading your graph wrong but it looks to me like youre saying if I start 10 hours into the weekend I'm only going to start at the minimum experience gain.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4889/xpmultipliers.png

Sorry for being confused by this but what does it matter when you start during the weekend? Isn't it just based on the time you log in going forward counting login time? I'm probably reading your graph wrong but it looks to me like youre saying if I start 10 hours into the weekend I'm only going to start at the minimum experience gain.

It means if you've played 10 hours already and then start counting from there you get min multiplier :wall:

xpmultipliers.png

this is counting from when you log in, not from when the xp weekend event starts.

if you were doing an activity for the first hour, and then doing a different activity for the second hour, you'd want two separate multipliers, so the first one can be found by looking in the 0 row, and the 1 column (indicating play time from 0 to 1 hour) and then looking in the 1 row, and the 2 column (one hour of play time, starting at end of hour 1, going to end of hour 2)

fishing.gif

Guest TrixStar

xpmultipliers.png

this is counting from when you log in, not from when the xp weekend event starts.

if you were doing an activity for the first hour, and then doing a different activity for the second hour, you'd want two separate multipliers, so the first one can be found by looking in the 0 row, and the 1 column (indicating play time from 0 to 1 hour) and then looking in the 1 row, and the 2 column (one hour of play time, starting at end of hour 1, going to end of hour 2)