RIP Runescape

NotoriousPSC

Jagex just can't learn not to dramatically change things. This game has been abused over the years. There are changes I like and dislike, but honestly, this was terrible.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't people usually say "reputedly the dead ones live longer" ? :unsure:

That`s gonna read in your notes if you type "R.I.P Runescape" in it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

you'l get used to it

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Please stop killing runescape! First it came back as a zombie, then as a skeleton, then as a vampire, then vampyre... and when the new skill is released, it's gonna be a sparkle vampire if we don't stop this!

Please stop killing runescape! First it came back as a zombie, then as a skeleton, then as a vampire, then vampyre... and when the new skill is released, it's gonna be a sparkle vampire if we don't stop this!

What, you're not looking forward for a new skill?

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Wrong, Runescape died the day In Pyre Need was released, obviously. Nonetheless, your argument is both eloquent and chock-full of logical conjecture. I simply cannot disagree with such a craftsman of words, as it were, verily speaking.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The Runescape Cycle - Explained in Steps

1. Updates are announced.

2. RSers build up hope for the major update, thinking it will make Runescape "alive" again.

3. Updates are released.

4. RSers make huge rants on the rants forum saying that Runescape is "dead" again.

5. Repeat from Step 1.

6. ???

7. PROFIT!!!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think she was trying to make a joke, only it wasn't funny at all.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

I think she was trying to make a joke, only it wasn't funny at all.

That's the joke.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Wrong, Runescape died the day In Pyre Need was released, obviously. Nonetheless, your argument is both eloquent and chock-full of logical conjecture. I simply cannot disagree with such a craftsman of words, as it were, verily speaking.

not rly tbh, the ability to make hunter pots [bleep]ing killed it for me. i cut my wrists irl and in game. luckily i lived, but now im cutting my wrists AS IM TYPING THIS becuz rs has died.

and this time, it aint coming back.

btw, very nice rant, i hate how ppl type paragraphs and paragraphs about why they hate something, urs is short n 2 da point. nice :)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

What goes into you peoples thinking process when you write these nonconstructive rants? Are you just trying to get a rise? Or are you serious?

Because Jagex adds extra numbers to life points we must go on a trollfit? Why are you complaining about something that ultimately is not affecting anything? Dear god, extra numbers on the screen making brain hurt!

Runescape dies because there is a new hitpoint/attack point system? Are you seriously this dumb? Give me a couple reasons this update to lifepoints is the death of Runescape. Give me two good reasons. It will be hard to, because there are no good reasons.

I can see how people think the end of the world was coming about back during the PK update, but to think that the sudden inclusion of two extra numbers every time you hit something would cause such an idiot uproar.

Runescape is not dead because of this update, and anyone who thinks that this is the worst update and the death of Runescape might want to grow a brain. This is nothing compared to some things Jagex has done, but of course, we can't look at the positive side. With every update we must complain. And then we must pour off the RSOF to rant stupidly on TIF.

If you must complain every update about Runescape then get off the game, because it is apparently not for you. If you are going to fight for the next month over a small update that affects absolutely nothing, then maybe you should quit.

This update is not there to hurt your brain by adding more numbers to the game, it is there to give Jagex room to do more with the game. New items and the new skill are apparently tied into this update, so why not shut up and see what positive things come out of this update.

And please quit with the RIP topics, because all they are are troll rants with no reason behind them. Runescape will continue unhindered by your idiocy. Give yourself time to get used to it. That's all.

As was said with the PK complainers, adapt to change or leave. If this update hinders the game experience that much, than leave, because complaining gets you nowhere. It let's off steam, but starting riots and everything these people have been doing does not make Jagex change their mind. Whether you like it or not, it's here to stay. It is not the death of Runescape, it is merely another improvement, another step forward. Complain when you have valid reason to complain, at the moment there is no reason for your complaints. See if the new skill and weapons are worth these updates before crying.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

RIP RuneScape. I guess it's World of RuneScape now?

And Dragon Age: Runescape, and Final Runescape.

Apparently you haven't played too many RPG's because this is the system used in almost every one of them. And it apparently works since it is used in almost every one.

And I don't see how the new lifepoints system has turned it into WoW. Last time I checked, they were still quite a bit different from each other.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Guys, he might be complaining about the lobby update...

Which still shouldn't have any reason to be complained about.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Wow, going against you on the ol' Rant board. This is almost as fun as debating Omali.

What goes into you peoples thinking process when you write these nonconstructive rants? Are you just trying to get a rise? Or are you serious?

Hence the reason this is a rant, and not feedback. It's an airing of grievances, not a how to improve the game list.

Because Jagex adds extra numbers to life points we must go on a trollfit? Why are you complaining about something that ultimately is not affecting anything? Dear god, extra numbers on the screen making brain hurt!

Runescape dies because there is a new hitpoint/attack point system? Are you seriously this dumb? Give me a couple reasons this update to lifepoints is the death of Runescape. Give me two good reasons. It will be hard to, because there are no good reasons.

I can see how people think the end of the world was coming about back during the PK update, but to think that the sudden inclusion of two extra numbers every time you hit something would cause such an idiot uproar.

I can't speak for others, but Runescape is dead to me because of the free exp' weekend debacle.

Runescape is not dead because of this update, and anyone who thinks that this is the worst update and the death of Runescape might want to grow a brain. This is nothing compared to some things Jagex has done, but of course, we can't look at the positive side. With every update we must complain. And then we must pour off the RSOF to rant stupidly on TIF.

If you must complain every update about Runescape then get off the game, because it is apparently not for you. If you are going to fight for the next month over a small update that affects absolutely nothing, then maybe you should quit.

When people say that Runescape is dead they do not mean that literally. They mean what they liked about Runescape is gone, thus Runescape is dead to them personally.

And please quit with the RIP topics, because all they are are troll rants with no reason behind them. Runescape will continue unhindered by your idiocy. Give yourself time to get used to it. That's all.

The reasons are personal, thus they can not be debated. Go ahead and consider personal opinions idiocy, but fun is based on personal opinion. Why play what you don't enjoy?

As was said with the PK complainers, adapt to change or leave. If this update hinders the game experience that much, than leave, because complaining gets you nowhere. It let's off steam, but starting riots and everything these people have been doing does not make Jagex change their mind. Whether you like it or not, it's here to stay. It is not the death of Runescape, it is merely another improvement, another step forward. Complain when you have valid reason to complain, at the moment there is no reason for your complaints. See if the new skill and weapons are worth these updates before crying.

Leave? I already have.

Rioting about things is dumb, but you must admit they are kinda funny. Do people really think Jagex cares?

*edit*

Fixed a poorly written sentence.

Prism_Swords.png