Supplements vs No Supplements

Faux

It's definitely a personal choice. People forget that supplements are called supplements for a reason, they don't do any good if workout plan isn't great and especially if your diet isn't perfect. People definitely don't need supplements as long as they have a good diet, although they can definitely help to speed and amplify results.

I don't think that you should consider taking supplements to be not 'natural', taking steroids isn't natural but a few basic supplements in my opinion is still natural.

Bellator_II.png

Goal: All stats 70+

Personally, the only real reason to take supplements is if you're hardcore into body building and all that. If you're just a casual joe who works out to stay in shape and feel good, there's no reason to, although it won't hurt.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I agree that it's a choice. If you're willing to put the time to research how much the supplement will affect you and if you feel you need it, then go ahead. But also, people need to realize that supplements are not equal. Protein shakes won't have drastic effects of something like ephedrine.

That's why when I see people who state, "I took protein shake and it didn't make me bigger!" are better off not taking any supplements because they really didn't bother researching what it does.

Well the problem with going 100% natural is that some people have naturally gross bodies. Being constantly skinny was a problem all my life and although I have started filling out, supplements have helped quite a bit. The problem I have with labeling supplements unnatural is that there aren't any synthetically made chemicals in them - they just select all the best stuff from nature and grind it into a powder.

And I'm fairly certain that there are no detrimental health problems to taking supplements (moderately), so I don't see why not. Obviously a strong diet is a thousand times better, but most of us here are eating what they're parents eat and don't have much control over groceries picking (not that we want it, that's boring).

hiccup.png

I don't take supplements other than fish oil and minerals but those aren't for training.

I know plenty of people who take supplements, and about 2 who actually make it worth it. I've met someone who bragged about taking creatine but didn't know what it was. He thought it would make him gain muscle =D>

Go all natural.

Natural ripped muscles look better than water muscles.

Also my local doctor told me that creatine can cause heart problems. The doctor has had patients in their early 20's who complained about chest discomfort.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

Many, if not most supplements are fairly useless. Consuming things in the form of a pill or gel is generally not very effective, and often costly.

I consume glucosamine sulfate (experiment, it will likely lessen the pain of my patello-femoral syndrome), and fish oil (anti-inflammatory, balances 6's & 3's, a monitored and well documented substance.)

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Many, if not most supplements are fairly useless. Consuming things in the form of a pill or gel is generally not very effective, and often costly.

I consume glucosamine sulfate (experiment, it will likely lessen the pain of my patello-femoral syndrome), and fish oil (anti-inflammatory, balances 6's & 3's, a monitored and well documented substance.)

There isn't anything wrong with creatine or protein powder.

yes.png

There isn't anything wrong with creatine or protein powder.

To call whey protein powder a supplement is a stretch, in my opinion. After all, it's essentially just a condensed form of milk (protein).

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know any runners who take legitimate supplements. however about 6 guys on my team (myself included) started eating these promax protein bars about 4 months ago. yeah i only lift twice a week but the muscle recovery difference and increased energy output is extraordinarily higher even when compared to cliff bars.

i also experimented with taking two a day (one either for breakfast/after workout/before race, and one before bed) and noticed that i was actually more alert and energized in the morning, however i often would cramp up so i only do two a day now if i'm really hungry. I'm no doctor but if i have to stay up past midnight for school related reasons ill drink some strawberry milk and eat a bar.. not only does it give me energy at that moment but in the morning i feel much better and ready to go even after losing sleep

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I don't know any runners who take legitimate supplements. however about 6 guys on my team (myself included) started eating these promax protein bars about 4 months ago. yeah i only lift twice a week but the muscle recovery difference and increased energy output is extraordinarily higher even when compared to cliff bars.

i also experimented with taking two a day (one either for breakfast/after workout/before race, and one before bed) and noticed that i was actually more alert and energized in the morning, however i often would cramp up so i only do two a day now if i'm really hungry. I'm no doctor but if i have to stay up past midnight for school related reasons ill drink some strawberry milk and eat a bar.. not only does it give me energy at that moment but in the morning i feel much better and ready to go even after losing sleep

Protein bars are crap: they're chocolate bars with some protein and fiber added. Total garbage to eat: just look at the ingredients, and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

I do take supplements such as fish oil, green tea and glycose but nothing else.

I train regulary, this is only to support my organism.

Game. What game? Play with yourself!

I eat enough as it is. :^_^:

I don't take supplements, and feel that I build muscle quite well. I am able to maintain the figure I want, and further advance myself without the use of supplements. Personal choice, though.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• 1 month later...

Yea it's true. I remember watching a video where a bodybuilder explained how a lot of ads will lie about their products and when he got down to the basics, some "supplements" were just sugar pills or caffeine pills selling for $60. Some companies even pay the bodybuilders they sponsor to keep quiet about taking steroids and say they are all natural.

That's why it's much better to just take a multivitamin, fish oil, flaxseed, protein shakes and stick to a really good diet. I'm still skeptical about creatine though.

What's a sig?

Creatine is used by a lot of athletes in all sports though, not just bodybuilders. Professional rowers and rugby players also use it, these guys aren't vain and looking for some quick fix, they'd only use it if it helped them and it worked. I might start taking it over the summer again but I've got to weight in at under 72.5kg for a lightweight race in America in the summer so can't afford to put too much weight on just yet.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Should people resort to taking supplements or stay all natural?

You're making this sound like supplements are steroids. You can stay 'natural' and still take supplements. (creatine, NObooster, protein etc..)

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

To be honest I take protein daily, liver cleanser, a pre-workout mix, and rage. Rage is a muscle builder (not steroids though).

So i recommend it, because i have gone up tremendously whilst on it.

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.

Depends on what kind of supplements, I take a lot of them everyday. However these are mainly vitamins, stuff that they advertise on tv etc. for weight lifting or whatever? Yh no.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't take supplements, although I do use protein powder in my meals. I don't count that as a supplement because, well, it's my food lol. Also, too many antioxidants can be detrimental to your health. My mother kept trying to get me to take different vitamin pills, and I kept telling her that too much of a certain vitamin can do damage. I get enough nutrition from my current diet, so I don't need to include any filler. I'm a vegetarian, so some people who are vegetarians might need to take iron supplements. The only thing I'm sometimes short on is potassium, but I'll just add a second banana if that happens during that particular day. I'm on a 3,500 calorie per day diet, so my daily values are based on that (except protein, where I aim for 150-180 grams per day).