Latest RuneScape Poll - Bonus XP Weekend

Leoo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you excited about the Bonus XP Weekend?

Not really excited.

Which skill do you plan to focus on for the Bonus XP Weekend?

I have the supplies for either 90 herblore or like 50k xp from it then I'll probably just train slayer or power train strength at armoured zombies because I don't care about anything else lol. Might just end up going to godwars after 90 herblore and taking advantage of the fact that most people will be training skills instead of doing godwars.

How will you be preparing for the Bonus XP Weekend?

Already did my preparations. Farmed 4k wergali and bought the supplies for 1k extreme attack and strength pots and I planted a spirit tree that I'll be logging out next to before the 12th.

I don't support this, at all.

I will participate, in order to train like I always do, but this better be the ONE AND ONLY TIME.

This is giving players a HUGE ADVANTAGE over others. For those who can't play on the weekend or have plans regarding being away, too bad, you missed out.

I have always trained the old-fashioned way and I never asked for much from Jagex. But this is really bringing home the bacon. I do not want to feel that getting lvl 99s will be a walk in the park.

And never before has this devalued a skill (Summoning) more than anything else. The skill was meant to be expensive and take time to gather the charms. Now players are all excited about "88 Summoning! 96 Summoning! 99 Summoning!" How does this feel to the players who have 99 Summoning? I mean, it's simply an insult and a slap in the face.

This devalues every past achievement made in Runescape. So now Jagex feels the need to give this previously unique game a Double EXP Weekend just like every 'other' MMORPG has done. Are they asking themselves to sell out? Are they trying to alienate the veterans of this game? Cmon, this is pathetic.

Not to mention that Merchant Clans will gain the benefits while the normal players will feel the downfall of the economy due to overproduced goods and unwanted merchandise. Prices will drop sharply.

This is not only devaluing the achievements, but also giving the game serious negative consequences in the near future. The game has gotten easier, and therefore, less fun to play than it should be.

There should be an Asterisk to those players who participated in the weekend. Those who trained their skills the normal way won't have an Asterisk next to their name.

Am I excited? Not all that much. I'll get something like 95k farming xp, and then somewhere in the range of 97-99 summoning. I don't have it calced out well, but i got all the seconds, or am getting them this week. I got ~4.5k crims, 1k blues, and 300 greens I'll use.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

JJustin, you scared of more people getting 99 fletching and devaluating your easy capes?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

1 - Yes.

2 - Cooking.

3 - Traveling to the location where i will begin training.

I already had the supplies for some cooking xp and tree seeds all i did for prep was plant the seeds and make sure that i had plenty of trees ready to be checked for health.

It's a game, I'm not going to cry over summoning becoming alittle easier for 10 hours. Plus why does it matter if your achievement is rare or what? Every achievement loses rarity and value over time.

Low_C.png

I don't support this, at all.

I will participate, in order to train like I always do, but this better be the ONE AND ONLY TIME.

This is giving players a HUGE ADVANTAGE over others. For those who can't play on the weekend or have plans regarding being away, too bad, you missed out.

I have always trained the old-fashioned way and I never asked for much from Jagex. But this is really bringing home the bacon. I do not want to feel that getting lvl 99s will be a walk in the park.

And never before has this devalued a skill (Summoning) more than anything else. The skill was meant to be expensive and take time to gather the charms. Now players are all excited about "88 Summoning! 96 Summoning! 99 Summoning!" How does this feel to the players who have 99 Summoning? I mean, it's simply an insult and a slap in the face.

This devalues every past achievement made in Runescape. So now Jagex feels the need to give this previously unique game a Double EXP Weekend just like every 'other' MMORPG has done. Are they asking themselves to sell out? Are they trying to alienate the veterans of this game? Cmon, this is pathetic.

Not to mention that Merchant Clans will gain the benefits while the normal players will feel the downfall of the economy due to overproduced goods and unwanted merchandise. Prices will drop sharply.

This is not only devaluing the achievements, but also giving the game serious negative consequences in the near future. The game has gotten easier, and therefore, less fun to play than it should be.

There should be an Asterisk to those players who participated in the weekend. Those who trained their skills the normal way won't have an Asterisk next to their name.

Devaluing achievements is a worthless argument. What about Cook-X and cooking? String-X and fletching? Smith-X and smithing?

Or my favorite example - when I earned 85 slayer, I grinded there slowly with a 10K average XP/hour rate. There were no whips yet, super attack and strength potions were a luxury, Guthans was 16M a set, there were no familiars, no black masks, no crossbows, no Slayer Points with fancy rewards. Most people didn't even have high combat stats. I stopped training not long after 85 and throughout several years, only gained enough XP to reach 88.

Strykewyrms comes out, and 3 weeks later, I'm at 93. I went 93 to 94 in under 3 weeks, at a rate of well over 40k an hour.

Did Pest Control and Soul Wars devalue slayer? Did the Black Mask? Did the easier access to weapons like Abyssal Whips? Summoning? Godswords? Smoking Kills? Dragon Claws? Extreme Potions and Special Restore Potions?

Skills get easier. That's simply the way of it. That's why you don't train for an arbitrary achievement...

Found this while browsing on the Future Updates forum of Runescape. I think this guy said it best:

To quote Maolsomn:

"I feel that the weekend is not only unfair due to its devaluation of past effort, but also a hazard due to far reaching negative consequences (beyond the havoc it has wreaked on the market this week).

If people think that double xp weekends will be a recurring event, there will be a huge disincentive to train skills except on double xp weekends (of course, this applies particularly well to summoning and buyables). We have already seen the boom/bust cycle in skill supplies last week; I predict this will continue. Immediately after the weekend, produced goods (tradable potions, summoning supplies, etc.) will plummet due to oversupply. Skill resources will also crash after the immediate opportunity for double experience passes.

In the longer term, why should anyone train summoning except on double xp weekends (if they recur)? To do so would be a tremendous waste of time because you would have to collect twice as many charms and secondaries if you were to train regularly. It is clear that if the double xp weekends continue, supplies for skills will spike before weekends and crash after weekends, causing continual havoc with the market, and giving merchants plenty of opportunity to take advantage of short term market shifts. Since this type of merchanting is a zero-sum game, there will be losers - the regular players who are trying to train.

Moreover, if the double xp weekends do not recur, this weekend will be the one chance for players to save possibly hundreds of hours of their time training Summoning, in particular. This is completely unfair to people who do not participate in the weekend or are unable to participate fully due to an inability to obtain secondaries, not to mention players who have already spent time and money on 99 Summoning.

It is for these reasons that I believe the double xp weekend to be one of the most unfair updates ever produced by Jagex.

Sincerely,

Maolsomn"

Found this while browsing on the Future Updates forum of Runescape. I think this guy said it best:

To quote Maolsomn:

"I feel that the weekend is not only unfair due to its devaluation of past effort, but also a hazard due to far reaching negative consequences (beyond the havoc it has wreaked on the market this week).

If people think that double xp weekends will be a recurring event, there will be a huge disincentive to train skills except on double xp weekends (of course, this applies particularly well to summoning and buyables). We have already seen the boom/bust cycle in skill supplies last week; I predict this will continue. Immediately after the weekend, produced goods (tradable potions, summoning supplies, etc.) will plummet due to oversupply. Skill resources will also crash after the immediate opportunity for double experience passes.

In the longer term, why should anyone train summoning except on double xp weekends (if they recur)? To do so would be a tremendous waste of time because you would have to collect twice as many charms and secondaries if you were to train regularly. It is clear that if the double xp weekends continue, supplies for skills will spike before weekends and crash after weekends, causing continual havoc with the market, and giving merchants plenty of opportunity to take advantage of short term market shifts. Since this type of merchanting is a zero-sum game, there will be losers - the regular players who are trying to train.

Moreover, if the double xp weekends do not recur, this weekend will be the one chance for players to save possibly hundreds of hours of their time training Summoning, in particular. This is completely unfair to people who do not participate in the weekend or are unable to participate fully due to an inability to obtain secondaries, not to mention players who have already spent time and money on 99 Summoning.

It is for these reasons that I believe the double xp weekend to be one of the most unfair updates ever produced by Jagex.

Sincerely,

Maolsomn"

I didn't realize summoning and herblore ingredients were discontinued...

Must be a fluke that I collected my own hundreds of water talismans, obsidian charms, and yak hides. Right?

The only thing that you've said that I can agree with is that I hope this is the only weekend. If it re-occurs, either it's frequent (which would essentially be saying "only train every other weekend"), or it's infrequent which would contribute further to the turbulent item markets in this game...

When I did the poll Crafting was last, which suprised me. It's a rare cape and battlestaves and the orbs are stable and easy to get a hold of - also there are no tools to enhance xp from battlestaves that you can't use.

I'm going to train herblore, farm and summoning first of course, but afterwards it'd probably be crafting then slayer.

Exactly what I was gonna train, buying 4k battlestaves is hard though Xd

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I'm too tired and lazy to point out all the things wrong with your post so I'm just gonna say this. My friend is getting 88-99 summoning with a 20m loss :thumbup:

The skill isn't meant to be expensive at all, you can get everything you need for about 70m normally. It's a misconception that summoning is expensive because most people add the costs of barraging for charms.

Oh and since you have 99 summoning you must know what it feels like to be someone with 99 summoning right now.

And I'm sick of this "This is totally unfair to everyone who misses this weekend" crap. Life isn't fair get over it, if you miss something tough [cabbage].

To quote Maolsomn:

Sincerely,

Maolsomn"

The guy can't even get the weekend right, its not double xp. That destroys his credibility.

Stonewall337.png

It they didn't call it Double EXP Weekend you wouldn't get 2X the normal XP Rate for the first three hours, would ya?

It's your credibility that's failing.

You don't get 2x the normal XP rate for the first three hours, you start at 2.7 and it decreases gradually. 2.7 is not 2. Is it math or credibility that's failing here? I'm going to go with the former.

Also, I'd just like to point out that with an average of ~1.9x normal XP (which is higher than it really is), 10 hours of solid summoning training, at 2000 pouches per hour, that's 20,000 charms being used and only gaining an extra 18,000 charms worth of XP. If anyone has 20,000 charms saved it's a pretty fair bet that they can collect at least 100 per hour. That saves 180 hours... that's not "hundreds of hours" as whoever you quoted stated. Seeing as I collect ~190 charms per hour easily and I'm nowhere near the fastest, and this is without familiarization, whoever you quoted really knows his exaggeration.

It they didn't call it Double EXP Weekend you wouldn't get 2X the normal XP Rate for the first three hours, would ya?

It's your credibility that's failing.

Did you even bother to look at the equation? You don' get 2x the xp rate for the first 3 hours. For the first hour you average 2.7x, then you average 2.4x or whatever, and decreasing. Even for the average of the first three hours, you never get double xp, its always more.

In debate, you need to know pretty damn well what you are talking about before you attack an opponents stance, or you will get your butt wupped and handed to you on a platter.

Please, go back to the RSOF.

As further proof.

1.) Jagex on their Dev. Blog calls it "bonus xp weekend". No where do they call it a double xp weekend.

2.) xp_formula.jpg

Tellme where you see an average gain of double xp, even for a period of a few hours?

Stonewall337.png

I don't know if I'd say I'm EXCITED for the bonus weekend as it will feel like any other day... Just with a bit more xp. I don't have anything prepared as I'll just be runecrafting. I guess I will have pure essence ready but I always have pure essence so it's not any special preparation. And if it wasn't clear already, I will be runecrafting. Before that I will do a round of trees/fruit trees.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Why does every thread have to turn into this childish bickering. Just answer the damn question and stfu pls :thumbup:

OT: I'll just be training summoning, have about 6k crims and 600 blues saved up.

The reason why I made this huge complaint in the first place is because this game is already, too easy. Jagex had begun destroying everything in it's path starting about two years ago and nearly every 'other' update since then has made this game easier. This game is much easier now than it was when I decided to quit this game back in 2006.

I already seen the chart. You don't have to give me a novel explaining it. All I know is that most of you here complaining against my opinion are selfish, inconsiderate people who's only goal is to gain EXP and GP. Everything from Soul Wars to this Double EXP Weekend is draining the life that Runescape once had.

Jagex is giving this game away to the new generation of gamers, plain and simple. Veterans like me, on the other hand, are left out.

For you people who are going to be leveling Summoning to a high level, fine. I don't care what you people do. Jagex is giving you guys a silver platter to feed on so why not take advantage of it?

Also think of those who can't be on the weekend. Completely unfair and insulting.

The game is easy enough as it is. I guess you morons have nothing better to do but to cheapen Summoning and Herblore, so go for it.

I'm sick of talking to such selfish people like yourselves.

The game is easy enough as it is. I guess you morons have nothing better to do but to cheapen Summoning and Herblore, so go for it.

I'm sick of talking to such selfish people like yourselves.

I've been playing since 2002, and I simply don't have as much time to play now as most of the preschoolers playing this game. If I can save 70+ hours of grinding at wf for charms, I will. Quite frankly, idc if this makes getting a 99 any less of an achievement. I play for fun, but idk about you. The game is changing, that's life, accept it or quit.

So if you can't counter our arguments with logic, you go into insulting us, and numerous other logical fallacies in reasoning. That isn't a valid argument, you know.

In the long run, this won't hurt anything. I save a few hours on getting 99 summoning, herblore is already too expensive, and this is a way to make things easier and faster.

All in all, its not a big deal.

BTW: Don't call anyone selfish if you are planning on using this weekend yourself, or if real life hadn't prevented you you would have.

Stonewall337.png

So if you can't counter our arguments with logic, you go into insulting us, and numerous other logical fallacies in reasoning. That isn't a valid argument, you know.

The whole point of my post was for you to stay on topic, and stop derailing every thread because of 'morals' or whatever other stupid reason.

The whole point of my post was for you to stay on topic, and stop derailing every thread because of 'morals' or whatever other stupid reason.

Wasn't talking to you, was talking to justin, who was the one trolling this thread.

Mck, you are a well known troll. please leave.

Stonewall337.png