Latest RuneScape Poll - Bonus XP Weekend

Leoo

Are you excited about the Bonus XP Weekend?

Which skill do you plan to focus on for the Bonus XP Weekend?

How will you be preparing for the Bonus XP Weekend?

I'm going to focus on Agility. It's a slow skill to train and requires a lot of attention and doesn't require competition to get resources/monsters such as training meele or Hunter. This means I don't have to prepare which is also another bonus as I don't have to spend money and manipulate prices of many items.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have full grown mage trees in all tree patches, palm trees in all fruit trees and calquat and spirit tree are both ready as well. I have trained rc to 70 so i can get it to 75 on the weekend and yesterday I've finally gotten 66 hunter to be able to wear the spottier cape I've had since the day hunter was released (lol!).

I still have to plan my starting route before Friday though and I will have my inventory ready with all needed teleports and rc equipment. My starting point will probably be at gnome village fruit tree patch since it's the least accessible. :)

Lord_Beloved.png

No

None

By Sleeping in.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

No

None

By Sleeping in.

Well, then again, you're max'ed. A virtue not everyone here shares ;)

Lord_Beloved.png

I guess most players without 99 Herb and Summon will have the same plan as I do. Train Herb first, then Summon. Herb is too expensive, Summon requires too many charms. And both of them don't need to fight for training spots like Ranged with Red Chins.

I guess most players without 99 Herb and Summon will have the same plan as I do. Train Herb first, then Summon. Herb is too expensive, Summon requires too many charms. And both of them don't need to fight for training spots like Ranged with Red Chins.

Nah, my plan is to power train summoning and then probably power train defense at armor zombies. I plan to sell the herbs and train at a later date when they are less expensive.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I have 196 Blue Charms, 1187 Crimsons, 1590 Green, and 2,812 Gold. I'll be making (in this order) 196 Lava Titans, 281 Praying Mantis *lvl 85* 906 Swamp Titans *lvl 86* *lvl 87* 1590 Fruit Bats *lvl 88 maybe?* and then 2,812 Barker Toads. I will definitely have 89 Summon, and if I calc'ed correctly, I'll be either at 90 Summmon, or like 40k xp away.

Then I'll RC. Idk why, by the time I'm done with summon the xp won't be phenomenal, but I've been meaning to for a long time.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Are you excited about the Bonus XP Weekend? Not really. I think it's not a good addition to the game. Not just because it 'devalues exp'. But also because it messes arround with the markets that were just starting to settle down. That being said, there is nothing I can do to stop it so I might as well use it to complete some goals.

Farm to 70

Summon to 70

Herb to 70

Then agility for the rest (or until 70)

(Guess you can tell my goal is 70+ in all skills and P2P runs out soon)

Farm - Have trees planted already

Summon - All charms and seconds gathered

Herb - Already had the unf pots made and was making into completed pots when they announced the weekend so I have everything ready to go.

Agility - Taking practice runs at the wildy course because I've never been there before.

When I did the poll Crafting was last, which suprised me. It's a rare cape and battlestaves and the orbs are stable and easy to get a hold of - also there are no tools to enhance xp from battlestaves that you can't use.

I'm going to train herblore, farm and summoning first of course, but afterwards it'd probably be crafting then slayer.

imagangster.png

I have roughly 1000 crimson charms, 600 blue charms.

I'll train Summoning first: Talon beasts > Fire/Moss Titans > Lava titans (once 83) > Granite lobsters

That'll get me 89 Summoning and 115 combat.

Then I'll train Herblore. I'm farming 2.1k toadflax and have bought all necessary Crushed nests already (I'm on schedule). I'll also get herbs from Miscellania ( saved 3 weeks of 100% approval).

That'll get me 88 or 89 Herblore. MAYBE 90. It'll also get me 2000 total.

Then I'll craft battlestaves and cut the uncut gems I've been too lazy to make in the past. Maybe that'll get me a level (88) or two (89).

Finally I'll RC reminder of the time.

PS: Wow, didn't realise I'm so fond of 89s.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I plan to get 99 summoning from 93. According to the spreadsheet I prepared, I needed 380 blues, 4350 crimsons, and 1200 greens. Been grinding on wfiends and I finally have what I need. Been doing some slayer too so I have about 300 extra crimsons and 50 extra blues.

As for seconds, for one I kept all water tallies from fiends. Been buying yak hides everyday, and also some of the iron plates. Most of those are from GE but I also smithed some. I bought a SoL with enough lizards to get me up to 95 after Ive used my blues and nail beast charms. Finally, I also did manage to get enough uni horns off GE to cover my greens.

So basically at this point I'm prepared.

After 99 summon probably heading straight for the agility course, or maybe I'll do herb if I think I can get the stuff for a decent (though still exhorbant..) gp/exp.

Haven't resource prices skyrocketed defeating the purpose of using the weekend to save money or is it still beneficial for skills like Summoning, Herblore, whatever?

I was going to use it to train Summoning but I have decided to train Theiving and Agility instead.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Haven't resource prices skyrocketed defeating the purpose of using the weekend to save money or is it still beneficial for skills like Summoning, Herblore, whatever?

I was going to use it to train Summoning but I have decided to train Theiving and Agility instead.

Well for one thing a lot of seconds for summoning are easy to DIY like yak hides. Also shards are a constant obviosly. But even if theroretically the price increased by the same factor as the multiplier, IMO it would still be worth it cause you save a lot of time from gathering charms.

Already got 5 yews and 5 papayas planted, and got all supplies for summoning.

Checking tree health....Farming lvl 71 to 73

Circus....Agility 75 to 76

Summoning (170 Mith Minotaurs, 1000 Granite Lobsters)....lvl 72 to 80

Then maybe some Agility or Firemaking...havent decided yet

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

I plan to get 99 summoning from 93. According to the spreadsheet I prepared, I needed 380 blues, 4350 crimsons, and 1200 greens. Been grinding on wfiends and I finally have what I need. Been doing some slayer too so I have about 300 extra crimsons and 50 extra blues.

As for seconds, for one I kept all water tallies from fiends. Been buying yak hides everyday, and also some of the iron plates. Most of those are from GE but I also smithed some. I bought a SoL with enough lizards to get me up to 95 after Ive used my blues and nail beast charms. Finally, I also did manage to get enough uni horns off GE to cover my greens.

So basically at this point I'm prepared.

After 99 summon probally heading straight for the agility course, or maybe I'll do herb if I think I can get the stuff for a decent (though still exhorbant..) gp/exp.

Are you going to get like 1k to 99 Summon? Cuz I doubt anyone will waste time coming to a 99 Party, lol.

As stated by an above poster, even if we spent the same, the timesaved is enormous. I, got all my 2nds mad early, so I'm saving A LOT of money this weekend. However, I'm not sure if Herb is still beneficent, stuff is so expensive atm its ridiculous.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

LOL I gave up on 99 parties a long time ago. Pretty much nobody comes to those unless you're popular or they're your friend (which I don't have many of because I'm a bit of a lone wolf =P). Didn't have one for RC, prayer, range, mage, and not for this one either. Just going to get it the same as all the other levels.

Nope, not really.

Farming.

Bought 40 magic seeds and 15 palm seeds. I will only log in to check and replant the trees, so I will get as much cheap farming exp as possible.

I'll still have to figure out the fastest possible route for doing this so I won't waste any time.

I'm all set for this weekend. I've planned everything out, gathered all my supplies, planted my trees and worked out a homework schedule so I can get everything done in advance and just focus on using the weekend to level. I'm really looking forward to raising summoning since I have around 1,800 crimson charms and 2400 green charms; I haven't checked how much exp it will get me, but since it will be more than usual I'm not worried about specifics. After I check my trees and finish up summoning, I'm going to do some herblore. I probably won't have much of an exp modifier left after all that, but any little bit helps so I'm going to head over to the agility track and grind until I can't stand it anymore.

As for the cost, well, I didn't get dinged too badly. I had the charms saved up already, so I've spent my time farming herbs and making them unf pots, gathering granite blocks and bananas for summoning (which didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would), and I already had some seconds for herblore so I didn't have to buy too many more. I did have to drop a bunch of cash on shards, but since they stay a constant rate, I'm saving money in the long run. I don't know, if you're not adverse to a little (or a lot of XD) DIY I think you can come out ahead or at very least break even, especially if we're talking time spent.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Not in the slightest.

slayer.

Pretty hard to prepare when everything doubles in price and is unbuyable.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

No,i just want it to be over because i am forcing myself to play as much as i can to maximise my experience during the bonus weekend instead of playing for fun like i usually do.

Summoning

Killing Waterfiends and mining 5k Granite.

Stephleref.png

Are you excited about the Bonus XP Weekend? No. It cheapens the game for the weekend and totally messes with the markets. I'm sure jagex already views the event as a success because all the buzz it has created. I think there will be future bonus xp weekends but probably only one or two skills at a time and no more warning than a day or two.

Which skill do you plan to focus on for the Bonus XP Weekend? Lots of Summoning to do. 1900+ blue, 10500+ crimson, 2000+ green and 6000+ gold charms to use. Going from 73-99 that weeknd. Maybe do some Herblore afterward with the ingredients I have in my bank.

How will you be preparing for the Bonus XP Weekend? I like to plan my time in advance so I had tons of seconds already stocked. It wasn't too hard trading those for the other seconds I needed.

mr__gandalf.png

I gathered all my 2nds and got 81-88 summoning banked. I lost 14m on my santa though so i'm not liking that so much. All in all im looking foward to the skill xp weekend due to it saving me time getting charms.

Low_C.png