Latest RuneScape Poll - Bonus XP Weekend

Leoo

The reason why I made this huge complaint in the first place is because this game is already, too easy. Jagex had begun destroying everything in it's path starting about two years ago and nearly every 'other' update since then has made this game easier. This game is much easier now than it was when I decided to quit this game back in 2006.

I already seen the chart. You don't have to give me a novel explaining it. All I know is that most of you here complaining against my opinion are selfish, inconsiderate people who's only goal is to gain EXP and GP. Everything from Soul Wars to this Double EXP Weekend is draining the life that Runescape once had.

Jagex is giving this game away to the new generation of gamers, plain and simple. Veterans like me, on the other hand, are left out.

For you people who are going to be leveling Summoning to a high level, fine. I don't care what you people do. Jagex is giving you guys a silver platter to feed on so why not take advantage of it?

Also think of those who can't be on the weekend. Completely unfair and insulting.

The game is easy enough as it is. I guess you morons have nothing better to do but to cheapen Summoning and Herblore, so go for it.

I'm sick of talking to such selfish people like yourselves.

"Selfish"? How's it selfish to be unperturbed by a skill becoming easier, especially when it's something that's happened over and over again?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why I made this huge complaint in the first place is because this game is already, too easy. Jagex had begun destroying everything in it's path starting about two years ago and nearly every 'other' update since then has made this game easier. This game is much easier now than it was when I decided to quit this game back in 2006.

I already seen the chart. You don't have to give me a novel explaining it. All I know is that most of you here complaining against my opinion are selfish, inconsiderate people who's only goal is to gain EXP and GP. Everything from Soul Wars to this Double EXP Weekend is draining the life that Runescape once had.

Jagex is giving this game away to the new generation of gamers, plain and simple. Veterans like me, on the other hand, are left out.

For you people who are going to be leveling Summoning to a high level, fine. I don't care what you people do. Jagex is giving you guys a silver platter to feed on so why not take advantage of it?

Also think of those who can't be on the weekend. Completely unfair and insulting.

The game is easy enough as it is. I guess you morons have nothing better to do but to cheapen Summoning and Herblore, so go for it.

I've been playing this game since 2001. This argument is nothing new, I've been hearing it for a long time. But you know what? This is only a game. It's a game I'm fond of, obviously, or I wouldn't still be playing, but it's still only a game. Is it unfair to people who can't be on this weekend? Sure, but that can't be helped. There will always be things that people miss out on. I can't exactly go back to the 1500's and experience the Renaissance, can I? Sometimes, timing doesn't jive for people; Jagex gave a reasonable amount of notice so as many people as possible can participate if they like. As for the supposed 'cheapening' of various skills... well, they only ever had the value a person gave them to begin with. That value isn't quantitative, it's subjective. Nobody can 'cheapen' the work a person has put into something except themselves. You always know what you've accomplished, and that's what matters; not what someone else thinks of it. It's pretty miserable otherwise.

Finally, the only person leaving you out is you. The game keeps changing, that's its nature. You can embrace it, or you can be bitter about it, but it's entirely your prerogative.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Did some more digging on the Runescape Forums and found a nice topic by Fatness66. Here's what he had to say:

QUOTE:

"If you've read this far, and don't see what is happening to the game, I will tell you. You are no longer receiving all of your rewards and achievements from your own work completely. It is getting to the point where a large portion of players' rewards come from over-generous updates, and don't have to put forth the effort they once had to. I do not mind giving players alternatives to training skills at all. However, when you make that alternative involve LESS effort and MORE reward, it isn't fair to ALL players.

Veteran players are getting tired of seeing their accomplishments become diminished and degraded by updates that allow newer players to "achieve" the same thing in a fraction of the time, money and effort it took the older players. It is not fair to them. Skills will always have the same achievement cap of level 99, and all of these updates have been making it easier and easier to get to. Why would Jagex make every skill easier to get to 99 when there is no in-game reward after level 99?

New players will be affected more than veterans. Much more. The game is going to become too easy, there will be no challenge, and they will get totally bored of the game quicker than older players. The game itself will mean nothing because rather than trying to achieve something, they just have to wait until Jagex gives it to them. Is this what you want Runescape to become?

There are people that play Runescape for many reasons. Some play for achievement, some play for fun, some play for socializing, some play for a challenge, and some play for other reasons. The updates of the last two years rarely catered to all groups at the same time. Why Jagex doesn't do something about this before they release a piece of content, I don't know. It isn't as hard as Jagex might think, which I will explain in a later post.

With all of the above said, what was the thinking behind the next "great" idea Jagex had, the 2x experience weekend? Other MMO's have done it, but does that mean Runescape NEEDS it?? Of course not... Runescape was better than that. Adding large rewards for little effort is one thing, but adding a large reward for NO effort is taking it too far.

Does this 2x experience weekend cater to any of the players who play the game for certain reasons? Absolutely not. So why is it a good idea? It isn't. It ruins achievements by allowing players to receive more experience for doing all of the same activities. It does not make the game more fun; we still will be doing all of the same things we had available before this weekend. Nothing will change as far as socializing goes, unless people start fighting over resources rather than drops. It degrades the challenge involved in training your stats higher. It is destroying item prices. It is stacking with the rest of the insane experience we get, making the game shorter and shorter.

Do any players NEED this experience? I cannot understand how anyone could think that they NEED this event. Have players really become that lazy? That incompetent? That selfish? This event is completely against the "spirit of the game" and should never happen again. As for the first event, it is too late. It is going to happen because Jagex felt it would be a good idea to announce it two weeks early and get every player excited and prepared. If you have read up to this point, please add a <>< at the end of your post.

How can Jagex appeal to all players? It is not that complicated.

Each time they introduce a new method of training a skill, they need to look at how much effort and attention it requires. The more attention, risk and effort, the higher experience they are able to give out. Money is not much of a determination because if something gives high experience and high value in items, those items will lose value due to the amount of people doing it. Here are some examples of how some skill training updates could have been altered to fit this consistency:

Distractions and Diversions. The main problem with these is too much experience gain for too little time, effort and risk. They are fun and very enjoyable to many, but that is also part of the reward.

-Penguins - Same experience amount, but for hunter only

-Evil Trees - Remove the teleport and/or lower the experience payout

-Shooting Stars - One first touch bonus per landing period for one person

-Circus - Less experience in range and magic, it is too much

-Familiarisation - ?

Stealing Creation. Stealing Creation allows players to only have to train half as long as people who do not use it. The biggest problem is the half money for certain skills. Another problem is that there is NO RISK. Your team can lose and you can still be heavily rewarded with points. You lose nothing in this place. You actually save MORE time if you play non combat. So why is this so rewarding?

-Tools should be only 1.5x for money skills. If you want to save so much money on skills, you should have to spend MORE time on them.

-Non-combat stealing creation needs to go.

Great Orb Project. This mini game is extremely rewarding for clans, and clans only pretty much. They completely ruin the GOP worlds and make almost all games one-sided. 50-50 games are rewarding for players who don't have to do much, and it's apparently against the spirit of the game to do so, according to Jagex. This game needs a complete overhaul before they remove 50-50 games.

Soul Wars has similar problems to Stealing Creation. It fractioned the amount of time players need to train combat stats. You still get a point if you lose. There is NO RISK. Players STILL do not need to participate to receive zeal. Why should this be so rewarding?

-Wins should be 2 zeal and losses should be 0, or experience rewards should be halved. People who constantly fight while in soul wars will receive experience and be rewarded with even more afterwards, so it would still be faster than regular training for winners.

-In some worlds, teams should be randomized. The games are too one-sided the way it is, and allows for clans to have the easy way out of training their combat.

-Players need to PARTICIPATE. Include a damage counter similar to Pest Control. If necessary, allow level 3's to use recoil rings to contribute to their damage counter, so they don't complain. I would prefer for them to be excluded, since it is a COMBAT mini game.

Living Rock Caverns. This made mining too quick. I wasn't sure if this was created to bring prices down and put more ores on the market, or just satisfy people who don't like mining. I don't think doing both at the same time was very balanced, especially if the place isn't very dangerous. Two things could balance this out, but only one would be fine:

-Removal of safe spots

-lowering experience payout

Ivy and the Sawmill mini-game. You probably hear about this one a lot. This was NOT a woodcutting "re-balance." It made woodcutting easier, faster, inattentive, and for some reason, we can still make money with it (nests). The sawmill, on the other hand, perfectly reflects the effort vs. reward concept because you have to pay attention the entire time. In order for ivy to actually be "balanced," this would have to happen:

-Experience rate should be cut. It should never have been faster than willows.

-If ivy remains faster than chopping willows, nests should be removed. "

Did some more digging on the Runescape Forums and found a nice topic by Fatness66. Here's what he had to say:

QUOTE:

"If you've read this far, and don't see what is happening to the game, I will tell you. You are no longer receiving all of your rewards and achievements from your own work completely. It is getting to the point where a large portion of players' rewards come from over-generous updates, and don't have to put forth the effort they once had to. I do not mind giving players alternatives to training skills at all. However, when you make that alternative involve LESS effort and MORE reward, it isn't fair to ALL players.

Veteran players are getting tired of seeing their accomplishments become diminished and degraded by updates that allow newer players to "achieve" the same thing in a fraction of the time, money and effort it took the older players. It is not fair to them. Skills will always have the same achievement cap of level 99, and all of these updates have been making it easier and easier to get to. Why would Jagex make every skill easier to get to 99 when there is no in-game reward after level 99?

New players will be affected more than veterans. Much more. The game is going to become too easy, there will be no challenge, and they will get totally bored of the game quicker than older players. The game itself will mean nothing because rather than trying to achieve something, they just have to wait until Jagex gives it to them. Is this what you want Runescape to become?

There are people that play Runescape for many reasons. Some play for achievement, some play for fun, some play for socializing, some play for a challenge, and some play for other reasons. The updates of the last two years rarely catered to all groups at the same time. Why Jagex doesn't do something about this before they release a piece of content, I don't know. It isn't as hard as Jagex might think, which I will explain in a later post.

With all of the above said, what was the thinking behind the next "great" idea Jagex had, the 2x experience weekend? Other MMO's have done it, but does that mean Runescape NEEDS it?? Of course not... Runescape was better than that. Adding large rewards for little effort is one thing, but adding a large reward for NO effort is taking it too far.

Does this 2x experience weekend cater to any of the players who play the game for certain reasons? Absolutely not. So why is it a good idea? It isn't. It ruins achievements by allowing players to receive more experience for doing all of the same activities. It does not make the game more fun; we still will be doing all of the same things we had available before this weekend. Nothing will change as far as socializing goes, unless people start fighting over resources rather than drops. It degrades the challenge involved in training your stats higher. It is destroying item prices. It is stacking with the rest of the insane experience we get, making the game shorter and shorter.

Do any players NEED this experience? I cannot understand how anyone could think that they NEED this event. Have players really become that lazy? That incompetent? That selfish? This event is completely against the "spirit of the game" and should never happen again. As for the first event, it is too late. It is going to happen because Jagex felt it would be a good idea to announce it two weeks early and get every player excited and prepared. If you have read up to this point, please add a <>< at the end of your post.

How can Jagex appeal to all players? It is not that complicated.

Each time they introduce a new method of training a skill, they need to look at how much effort and attention it requires. The more attention, risk and effort, the higher experience they are able to give out. Money is not much of a determination because if something gives high experience and high value in items, those items will lose value due to the amount of people doing it. Here are some examples of how some skill training updates could have been altered to fit this consistency:

Distractions and Diversions. The main problem with these is too much experience gain for too little time, effort and risk. They are fun and very enjoyable to many, but that is also part of the reward.

-Penguins - Same experience amount, but for hunter only

-Evil Trees - Remove the teleport and/or lower the experience payout

-Shooting Stars - One first touch bonus per landing period for one person

-Circus - Less experience in range and magic, it is too much

-Familiarisation - ?

Stealing Creation. Stealing Creation allows players to only have to train half as long as people who do not use it. The biggest problem is the half money for certain skills. Another problem is that there is NO RISK. Your team can lose and you can still be heavily rewarded with points. You lose nothing in this place. You actually save MORE time if you play non combat. So why is this so rewarding?

-Tools should be only 1.5x for money skills. If you want to save so much money on skills, you should have to spend MORE time on them.

-Non-combat stealing creation needs to go.

Great Orb Project. This mini game is extremely rewarding for clans, and clans only pretty much. They completely ruin the GOP worlds and make almost all games one-sided. 50-50 games are rewarding for players who don't have to do much, and it's apparently against the spirit of the game to do so, according to Jagex. This game needs a complete overhaul before they remove 50-50 games.

Soul Wars has similar problems to Stealing Creation. It fractioned the amount of time players need to train combat stats. You still get a point if you lose. There is NO RISK. Players STILL do not need to participate to receive zeal. Why should this be so rewarding?

-Wins should be 2 zeal and losses should be 0, or experience rewards should be halved. People who constantly fight while in soul wars will receive experience and be rewarded with even more afterwards, so it would still be faster than regular training for winners.

-In some worlds, teams should be randomized. The games are too one-sided the way it is, and allows for clans to have the easy way out of training their combat.

-Players need to PARTICIPATE. Include a damage counter similar to Pest Control. If necessary, allow level 3's to use recoil rings to contribute to their damage counter, so they don't complain. I would prefer for them to be excluded, since it is a COMBAT mini game.

Living Rock Caverns. This made mining too quick. I wasn't sure if this was created to bring prices down and put more ores on the market, or just satisfy people who don't like mining. I don't think doing both at the same time was very balanced, especially if the place isn't very dangerous. Two things could balance this out, but only one would be fine:

-Removal of safe spots

-lowering experience payout

Ivy and the Sawmill mini-game. You probably hear about this one a lot. This was NOT a woodcutting "re-balance." It made woodcutting easier, faster, inattentive, and for some reason, we can still make money with it (nests). The sawmill, on the other hand, perfectly reflects the effort vs. reward concept because you have to pay attention the entire time. In order for ivy to actually be "balanced," this would have to happen:

-Experience rate should be cut. It should never have been faster than willows.

-If ivy remains faster than chopping willows, nests should be removed. "

Go back to rsof then

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

If you wish to continue to discuss this justin, go to the specific topic on this forum for the express purpose of discussing this. I am done answering you on this thread. This is for talking about the poll.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I am Selfish for taking advantage of an event for Jagex?

You then, by nature of that argument, are being selfish when you use a coupon at a store, a two for one deal at the CD store, or even buying stuff on the tax free weekends (assuming you live in America).

I will admit, this game has gotten a lot easier, and even I find myself complaining about how hard Nomad is, etc. However, everything in life gets easier over time (generally) what makes RuneScape any different?

Have you ever used Stealing Creation tools? Have you ever thought of all the people who sell stuff such as oak planks, because of people like you that use SC Hammers you're making life harder for them.

Thats a ridiculous statement, but then again so is the argument against double xp weekends.

However, I do agree I hope this is the only one, or maybe there will be one the weekend after the new skill to try out the new skill, but I really hate the fact of non stop skilling like I'll have to do this weekend.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't understand why ANY of you NEED this event. It's not good for ANYONE.

Jagex did NOT need to put this down. After some digging and researching, I have noticed that Jagex is trying to start a trend to AFK your skills to 99 and gain advantage over those older players who did NOT have those benefits.

I am a veteran. I started in 2003, quit in 2006, came back last year to find a completely different atmosphere. It doesn't help when you guys just sit on your [wagon] all day and praise Jagex for lowering the bar for you.

I don't support this update, and I believe that this event is actually cheating your way to higher stats. I gained a lot of my stats the hard way, and I've put a lot of time and effort into this game. With this, newer players can get my stats in less than half the time it took me.

Summoning/Herblore supplies are all bought out, and will be for the next few weeks until the economy slows down. This was not what I expected to see after I just made an achievement I wanted to get for the past few years (99 Thieving).

Soon getting high levels won't matter because the game will be too easy to be a challenge. I came onto this game for fun and to achieve my own goals while having a level playing field with everyone else. This only saps the fun I had, and I will be forced to quit and find something else to waste my time on.

Where did I say that?

edit: you're taking part in it as well.

Edited by Saruman44

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Guest TensuUesugi

I'm not really exited by it probly wont even be on close 10hours.

I'll be training defence on lvl 83 roach soldiers hoping to put a dent in 80defence.

I'm not really preparing for it i just have some lobsters saved up to eat.

Jagex did NOT need to put this down. After some digging and researching, I have noticed that Jagex is trying to start a trend to AFK your skills to 99 and gain advantage over those older players who did NOT have those benefits.

I am a veteran. I started in 2003, quit in 2006, came back last year to find a completely different atmosphere. It doesn't help when you guys just sit on your [wagon] all day and praise Jagex for lowering the bar for you.

I don't support this update, and I believe that this event is actually cheating your way to higher stats. I gained a lot of my stats the hard way, and I've put a lot of time and effort into this game. With this, newer players can get my stats in less than half the time it took me.

Summoning/Herblore supplies are all bought out, and will be for the next few weeks until the economy slows down. This was not what I expected to see after I just made an achievement I wanted to get for the past few years (99 Thieving).

Soon getting high levels won't matter because the game will be too easy to be a challenge. I came onto this game for fun and to achieve my own goals while having a level playing field with everyone else. This only saps the fun I had, and I will be forced to quit and find something else to waste my time on.

I started playing in 2003 as well. Over the past 6-7 years I've played on and off, and seen quite a few extraordinary changes.

Do you remember when 99 cooking was revered? When a cooked lobster was worth more than a raw lobster? When cooking took 2 clicks per piece of raw food, plus making your own fire as the Rogue's Den wasn't around?

This won't be the last time something was made easier, and it sure as hell isn't the first time.

If the bonus XP weekends occur frequently, it would be a major problem. If it weren't for the turmoil in the markets of various raw materials, it happening once a year or so isn't too bad a thing either. As it stands, I'd rather not suffer this again, but it most definitely is not the worst update ever.

To be honest the game is going to keep getting easier and because players tend to prefer quicker xp and jagex listens to the players. I'm guessing even you opted for easier xp in your 99 thieving goal and did pyramid plunder instead of pickpocketing. So I don't really see how you can complain about 10 hours of quicker xp..

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I've got most of my 99 skills before they were made piss easy and I haven't complained once. It's only reasonable that they make some of the skills easier to train because most of the players don't enjoy massive grind fests like you seem to do.

If the skills are easier to train they can add more high level content to these skill because more than 500 people can actually access that new content. More people will also try to get those high stats instead of going "oh well, I'm not going to click and drop hundreds of thousands of granite for being able to do that"

I've been playing since Oct. of 01, I outrank you.

Anyways, you act like Jagex is trying to make us hate the game. Which doesn't make much sense...

As I already said, I am far from the ONLY ONE who is against this.

Plain and simple, this is setting a new low for Runescape. A lot of other high level players had their say on this issue, and not necessarily because they want to get skills up faster.

And foofoomagoo, I did most of my Thieving pickpocketing Knights. I didn't have the benefit of Pyramid Plunder until just a couple months ago.

I wish I could go and look at this update casually, but I can't. I mean, yeah, it sounds like fun to get BONUS EXP, but in the long run that only loses you respect. I therefore respect all of the veterans who got their skills the LONGER WAY, because they didn't have the benefits like we do now.

Why should I only look at this and shrug my head?

As I already said, I am far from the ONLY ONE who is against this.

Plain and simple, this is setting a new low for Runescape. A lot of other high level players had their say on this issue, and not necessarily because they want to get skills up faster.

And foofoomagoo, I did most of my Thieving pickpocketing Knights. I didn't have the benefit of Pyramid Plunder until just a couple months ago.

I wish I could go and look at this update casually, but I can't. I mean, yeah, it sounds like fun to get BONUS EXP, but in the long run that only loses you respect. I therefore respect all of the veterans who got their skills the LONGER WAY, because they didn't have the benefits like we do now.

Why should I only look at this and shrug my head?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. So you did it a longer way, so you did it a long time ago, so you missed out on faster xp, tough [cabbage] life isn't fair get over it.

Oh and

[hide]ab5yxd.png[/hide]

If you feel you can't make a good argument, then leave.

Don't go and throw [cabbage] just because I am trying to make a valid argument as to why this event is not the right thing to do.

Please consider what you write down.

If you feel you can't make a good argument, then leave.

Don't go and throw [cabbage] just because I am trying to make a valid argument as to why this event is not the right thing to do.

Please consider what you write down.

any MMO is going to get easier over time, basically your being a stuck up [bleep] who cant accept that some people will get things easier then you did. Thats life. Grow up.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I have full grown mage trees in all tree patches, palm trees in all fruit trees and calquat and spirit tree are both ready as well.

Same setup here. :thumbup:

Will probably try to train thieving to get all 70+.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

So all of you want FREE EXP?

This is wrong on many levels but obviously none of you get the message I am talking about.

And consider me part of the 'old' generation. Don't like what I say? Don't respond. It's that simple.

I have absolutely no problem with what your saying and to an extent I agree. But I don't see how someone else getting free xp effects your achievements. Those achievements are still yours, just because someone gets a 99 easier then you did doesn't belittle your achievement . This game is about having fun and accomplishing goals and in the end you still get to do that.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

So all of you want FREE EXP?

This is wrong on many levels but obviously none of you get the message I am talking about.

And consider me part of the 'old' generation. Don't like what I say? Don't respond. It's that simple.

jjuusstin

jagex will make things that not everyone agrees on

and ya if jagex made bonus zp more frequent it would make the prices freak out like a an adhd kid on steroids

but this is the first time jagex is even trying bonus xp

and the price going up is good for some pple cuz then they can actually get money

but then all the prices r gunna drop like a bomb

then itll eventually level out again

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

jagex will expiriment with something

pple will agree

pple wont agree

and foofoomagoos right

you freak out just becuase they got it during xp bonus weekend

you still have the bragging rights that u got it the hard way (if u wanna get all technical)

and things do get easier in rs becuase of new weapons,armour, different ways of something

and fighting thing will be easy

like the day wen lvl 50s can kill the kbd solo (itll be a long time tho)

1. Excited, not really. Will I be utilizing it, yes.

2. Summoning

3. Just changing what secondaries I use when, as I had a bunch already but for a lower level.

I have absolutely no problem with what your saying and to an extent I agree. But I don't see how someone else getting free xp effects your achievements. Those achievements are still yours, just because someone gets a 99 easier then you did doesn't belittle your achievement . This game is about having fun and accomplishing goals and in the end you still get to do that.

Just had to quote this after reading all the petty arguing going on here, and this post made the most sense out of all of it. I also used to fall into the trap of doing things to compare to other players, but after a while came to the realization that doing things for that reason is useless. Rather than that, now I do things for fun/making the game more enjoyable. Some of these people here need to think about why they play runescape. Is it because they enjoy and have fun through the game itself, or is it because they've played long enough to be better than others and don't want that taken away from them?

Neltak.png