Latest RuneScape Poll - Bonus XP Weekend

Leoo

So all of you want FREE EXP?

This is wrong on many levels but obviously none of you get the message I am talking about.

And consider me part of the 'old' generation. Don't like what I say? Don't respond. It's that simple.

Why not play rsc if the extra exp weekend and all the tweaks they've made to make the skills easier to train bother you so much?

You'll surely find some other 'old' generation veterans there with the same ideals to circle jerk with.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and things do get easier in rs becuase of new weapons,armour, different ways of something

and fighting thing will be easy

like the day wen lvl 50s can kill the kbd solo (itll be a long time tho)

Level 50s can already kill the KBD solo if built correctly.

The bonus exp modifier that only works for 10 hours isnt even a factor for me.

Having a reason to kick my girlfriend out of the apartment for a whole weekend because of jagax "bonus exp" event is what really makes the difference for me.

Ill get a good 20 hours of runecrafting in (and a bottle of scotch), its going to be sick.

Fools_Taco.png

Train hunter whilst you are at it, taco :P

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If you feel you can't make a good argument, then leave.

Don't go and throw [cabbage] just because I am trying to make a valid argument as to why this event is not the right thing to do.

Please consider what you write down.

Ok.

First, don't tell me you're making a "valid argument" or to leave. Second, your "valid argument" is you whining over the fact that you trained a few years ago and runescape changed since then.

Now that I'm finished with that I'll explain to you why your theory isn't really valid.

I don't understand why ANY of you NEED this event. It's not good for ANYONE.Obviously you have the word good confused with necessary because it's good for the people who want xp.

Jagex did NOT need to put this down. After some digging and researching, I have noticed that Jagex is trying to start a trend to AFK your skills to 99 and gain advantage over those older players who did NOT have those benefits.Wrong, jagex is cracking down on ways that have been around for a long time against AFKing skills. And, do you want runescape to never change? If running the company were up to you it sounds like runescape would still be the same as rsc.

I am a veteran. I started in 2003, quit in 2006, came back last year to find a completely different atmosphere. It doesn't help when you guys just sit on your [wagon] all day and praise Jagex for lowering the bar for you.Completely unnecessary to add this part in, it's something that I'd expect out of rsof not here. That whole sentence right there is just you and your ego.

I don't support this update, and I believe that this event is actually cheating your way to higher stats. I gained a lot of my stats the hard way, and I've put a lot of time and effort into this game. With this, newer players can get my stats in less than half the time it took me.Again with the attitude that you want everyone to do everything exactly the way you did it. I understand the game was different a few years ago, I used to play back then too, but you have to figure out that the game changes and with those changes normally come a new monster or another way to train.

Summoning/Herblore supplies are all bought out, and will be for the next few weeks until the economy slows down. This was not what I expected to see after I just made an achievement I wanted to get for the past few years (99 Thieving).Um well first how does thieving in anyway relate to herblore or summoning. And that's wrong, most herblore supplies have already crashed and I seriously doubt summoning supplies will be bought out much longer after this weekend. And I don't think you realize that the rs economy was already screwed up to begin with because of merch/manipulating clans.

Soon getting high levels won't matter because the game will be too easy to be a challenge. I came onto this game for fun and to achieve my own goals while having a level playing field with everyone else. This only saps the fun I had, and I will be forced to quit and find something else to waste my time on.That's an opinion, they may not matter to you because it seems that you have the attitude that you want to be the best and if you can't the game sucks.

I considered what I wrote down, happy?

I've planted 5 magic trees, 5 palms, 1 calquat, and 1 spirit. Those will all be checked as soon as I log on... and should be good for close to 400k experience!

Then comes herblore... So far my stock of unfinished potions consists of:

- 5500 Wergali Unf

- 2300 Dwarf Weed Unf

- 650 Lantadyme Unf

- About 100 of every other Ranarr and above

I'm still planting Lantadyme seeds, and should 1k of those unf in total by the weekend. So the current plan is:

Farming: 82 >> 84

Herblore: 90 >> 95

And then as far as the rest goes... maybe work on some construction, since my level 47 really needs some attention there!

I'm sick of talking to such selfish people like yourselves.

You're the one that's being selfish. That's like saying: "If I can't have it, then neither can you." Yes RS is easy these days, we get it. No your 99 herblore cape isn't going to be looked upon any less after this weekend. And the game is about fun. I suggest you look for goals outside of RS if you're going to take this update as seriously as you are.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I would have to say that the ill will caused by market turmoil and at resource gathering points more than outweighs any good will this event might bring Jagex.

And it's just going to get uglier by the time Monday rolls around.

Next time, they should just have a Triple Penguin Points week and leave it at that.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours