Manifest Destiny

Retech

Can we do this while 2025 is on?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe...

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

meh, the writing system will either use their tails, or in the acid breathers case, a controlled amount of acid to write runes into rock surfaces. we also begin research on slings for tails (i just figured that out..) also, a new holy shrine is made, as the last one was probably destroyed by the dods when we left it (i never made a new one)

The writing system fails utterly. You suspect a smarter approach may be in order. The holy shrine is built to replace the old one.

All kinds of artillery and weapons are sent to the Unionist capital.

Scientists attempt to invent explosives by igniting mixes of materials.

The Unionist Capital is now under siege. The mixes of materials combust, but your scientists have no clue which one of them did it.

The scathe continue to decay the paradise until the titan is weakened enough, then the decay titan and beast are sent to destroy it and make the remains rot, in tribute to Incabulos.

The guardian is severely weakened as a result of the decay, and begins showing signs of "erosion."

Some favor is used to get a reproductive bonus. The high priests rest for a turn while the hero slashes/burns the vines. Any summoned creatures are destroyed by cavalry charges. Archers target the vines and the guardian with flaming arrows.

The hero bravely stands up to the onslaught and gains new skills and abilities as a result of the experience. It seems the guardian is weakening.

Species Name: Dusavi'daek

Tribal Name: Tro'dak'ael

Adult Population: 500

Child Population: 0

Religion

Name of God: Adakkar

Attribute of God (God of ...): Flux

Yearly Favor: 250

Total Favor: 1000

Holy Shrines: 0

Temples: 0

Monks: 0

Government Style: Theocratic Creative Despotism

Annual Food Production: 500

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Housing: Fine

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

(Below is various numbers of each kind of soldier)

Ok, so what you said earlier is what I have, right?

I have all the Daeka form webbed feet to avoid sinking in the wet ground and assist in swimming, as well as making their bones hollow to make them lighter, though slightly weaker. I have 200 Daeka form bone hooks to easily swing between trees, and send them out hunting for any unintelligent life. Any species they make contact with who seem to be intelligent, they approach cautiously and greet. 200 more Daeka form a second set of smaller, more precise arms to tend crops, and these are sent out to find appropriate plants to cultivate as a food source. The last 100 form bone cutters on their forearms to cut wood, with which they begin cutting wood and making open platforms in the trees.

The platforms are made, and the other things succeed. The Daeka encounter a race of blundering hippos, which border on sentient.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The scientists begin mixing all the stuff they had in the previous one into clay jars with fuses and ship them along with the artillery to be used as ammo.

The artillery and crossbows are handed over to the Unionists and the jaffa crossbowmen and their balista attacks the separatists assaulting the capital.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

... maybe i should wait a while before i make a writing system, eh? awwell, i aint no quiter. research goes to igure out a way ro carve things onto rocks easily.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

The titan of decay attempts to destroy the guardian, and then rot it's body as a tribute to Incabulos.

(20)

In a sudden boost of power, the titan of decay grows another five feet, and drowns the guardian in a storm of maggots. Its body quickly rots into a pile of decay twice as large as it was previously, due to the fact that it had immense power.

The scientists begin mixing all the stuff they had in the previous one into clay jars with fuses and ship them along with the artillery to be used as ammo.

The artillery and crossbows are handed over to the Unionists and the jaffa crossbowmen and their balista attacks the separatists assaulting the capital.

Your forces are too small to make much a difference in an assualt, and the other generals decide against attacking. They begin preparing fortifications.

... maybe i should wait a while before i make a writing system, eh? awwell, i aint no quiter. research goes to igure out a way ro carve things onto rocks easily.

The advisors suggest using one's tail.

A massive sacrifice/prayer session is held to the god. The high priests resume beating back the vines and the cavalry charges against spirits continue.

The guardian is dead, and currently, Incabulos controls the oracle. They must hold it for two years to complete a conversion ritual to gain its benefits. The spirits return into the stones that the oracle is made of.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If the Daeka think the Hippos would make good mounts, they herd some of them towards their base, If not, they note their location and leave them alone.

The 100 woodcutter Daeka begin building a platform on the tallest tree, and carving images of Adakkar into the wood. 50 of the woodcutters then remove their arm-blades and form spiked bone plates over their foreheads, shoulders, knees, elbows, forearms and knuckles. They begin training as warriors. The other 50 revert to their original forms and begin training as priests of Adakkar, perfecting their shape-shifting abilities so that they are able to change form more significantly and merge their bodies with other Daeka.

What are my resource production values? How do I increase them? I don't understand.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I ALDREADY [bleep]ING DID MAN

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The Kinder Gotten sacrifice the favor that the prayers gave them + another couple hundred to encapsulate the scathe around the mountain with burning light. The high priests/ hero fire light magic at the titan and the archers fire flaming arrows into it.

LNYvk.png

If the Daeka think the Hippos would make good mounts, they herd some of them towards their base, If not, they note their location and leave them alone.

The 100 woodcutter Daeka begin building a platform on the tallest tree, and carving images of Adakkar into the wood. 50 of the woodcutters then remove their arm-blades and form spiked bone plates over their foreheads, shoulders, knees, elbows, forearms and knuckles. They begin training as warriors. The other 50 revert to their original forms and begin training as priests of Adakkar, perfecting their shape-shifting abilities so that they are able to change form more significantly and merge their bodies with other Daeka.

What are my resource production values? How do I increase them? I don't understand.

Quick thing here: you increase resource production by researching improvements and putting more people on. For the food production, that naturally increases with population increases, so normally it stays on par. Sometimes you have bumper harvests or famines, so something it changes. Mainly it's for events rather than actually keeping track.

I ALDREADY [bleep]ING DID MAN

Well you want to carve in rock, not invent a language. :rolleyes:

... oh... that makes more sense... sorry!

i ask the researchers to use their tails to carve some images into rock.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

How goes the rest of what I said Retech?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I basically have to go now, but I will be stopping by to post on 2025 and to find out the result of my maniacal attack.

Gah! You're just lazy, Tech.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

When's today's session.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

[Hide=Icu]

Species Name: Hymenoptera Umbra

Tribal Name: Umbronia

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 100

Religion

Name of God: Umbra

Attribute of God (God of ...): Darkness

Yearly Favor: 500

Total Favor: 3000

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: -

Universities: 1

Researchers:

Government Style: (Choose)

Annual Food Production: 1,000

Annual Food Consumption: 600

Creatures per unit of consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: (choose)

[/hide]

[hide=Ross]

Species Name: The Scathe

Tribal Name: N/A

Adult Population: 15,000 Scathe

Child Population: 1,000 Scathe

Religion

Name of God: Incabulos

Attribute of God (God of ...): Decay

Yearly Favor: 600

Total Favor: 2000

Holy Shrines: 1

Universities: 1

Researchers: -

Fortress:

Government Style: Hivemind Altruistic

Annual Food Production: 1000

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 10

Food Stored: 200

Housing: Adequate

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 5,000 Scathes (You can lessen this when you want to settle down and start a society)

Juggernaut: 1

Needlers: 2000

Decay Titan: 1

[/hide]

[hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 1500

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Heillig Vater

Attribute of God: Light

Yearly Favor: 1000

Total Favor: 3000

Holy Shrines: -

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 1500

Annual Food Consumption: 1500

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 200

Warrior Monks: 100

Nature Druids: 100

Oracle Crusaders: 300

[/hide]

[hide=Mather]

Species Name: Goa'uld

Tribal Name: Abydos

Adult Population: 300

Child Population: 10

Religion

Name of God: N/A

Attribute of God: N/A

Total Favor: 0

Holy Shrines: 0

University:

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Monarchy (what closer do you get to a "god" ruling?)

Annual Food Production: 750

Annual Food Consumption: 750

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.2

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Earth]

Species Name: Elementals

Tribal Name: N/A

Adult Population: 75

Child Population: 10

Religion

Name of God: Elemental Pantheon

Attribute of God (God of ...): Multiple

Total Favor: 6000

Holy Shrines: 1

Government Style: Matriarchal Despotism

Annual Food Production: 550

Annual Food Consumption: 550

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Archi]

Species Name: Nephilim

Tribal Name: Nephilim Clan

Adult Population: 350

Child Population: 50

Name of God: - Anama

Attribute of God (God of ...): - Healing

Holy Shrines:0

Temples: 1

Government Style: Tribal Despotism

Annual Food Production: 500 (these are units of consumption, which is much easier than doing all the math, at least until later on)

Annual Food Consumption: 300

(Giant lizards are, as the name implies, much larger relatives of the common lizard. Giant lizards typically grow to be about 10 feet(3 meters) long from head to tail)

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 0

[/hide]

[hide=Nex]

Species Name: Dusavi'daek

Tribal Name: Tro'dak'ael

Adult Population: 500

Child Population: 0

Name of God: Adakkar

Attribute of God (God of ...): Flux

Holy Shrines:0

Government Style: Theocratic Creative Despotism

Annual Food Production: 500 (these are units of consumption, which is much easier than doing all the math, at least until later on)

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 0

[/hide]

-Icu

Your civilization grows to a maximum size of 1000 inhabitants, at least that is the maximum for your town at the moment.

-Ross

Incabulos has provided a powerful shield around the valley of the Oracle, preventing god powers of other beings from being used, unless the shield is broken. He will continually supply you with reinforcements, now that he has gained the power of the oracle. The ritual will be completed next year, and will provide large advantages.

-Mather

The Seperatists overrun the capital with high casualties, capturing your siege engines. They proceed to take the rest of the mountain, leaving the Unionists weak. The Unionists tried a desperate breakthrough against the primary Seperatist fort, but they were ambushed and took heavy losses in the largest battle of the war, leaving many casualties.

Casualties:

2500 Separatists (2000)

3800 Unionists (1500)

Population of the mountains

-Earth

Things go dandily for you, but your pantheon has succumbed to infighting. You may choose to wait it out and continue to worship those that cannot help you, or you can find a new god.

-Grim

The Fisher kingdoms have heard of your plight, and send a small force of five hundred elite Peacock warriors to assist you. They are clad with a surprisingly durable coat of peacock feathers, and barbed harpoons. They are larger than the average Kinder Gotten, and are led by a Peacock hero with a massive plume of feathers.

-Archi

The shiny malleable metal seems to work well for an arrowhead, and your smiths learn how to make a crude one.

The "moss" excrement turns out to be bits of organic matter which have compressed themselves through a strange process involving sentient decay creatures (there are more aside the Scathe). Your advisors call them "proto diamonds". They are hard to work, but are otherwise very useful.

-Nex

Your people quickly adapt to your new home, and discover that Hippos are very useful mounts! The fact that they are mildly sentient also allows you to communicate with them, in a very basic sort of fashion.

Sigh... 1,000 favor is used to break the shield of icabulos. Then another 1,000 is used to trap the scathe in prisms of burning light.

EDIT: If that works the titan is assailed by light magiks and the forces move to claim the altar.

LNYvk.png

The Daeka make a shrine to Adakkar on the tallest tree. The fifty Daeka that changed into plated-soldiers have become warriors. The priests of Adakkar begin perfecting their shape-shifting abilities, but discover something else entirely. In the swamps, they find a strange metal which appears to be "fluid" and solid at the same time, malleable yet strong as steel at the same time. Adakkar has not yet taken to communicating directly with you, but it seems that only one with the flux can alter the metal's form.

The Kinder Gotten sacrifice the favor that the prayers gave them + another couple hundred to encapsulate the scathe around the mountain with burning light. The high priests/ hero fire light magic at the titan and the archers fire flaming arrows into it.

The light fails to penetrate the valley's shield. The high priests/hero fire the light magic, but their powers seem nullified by a strange force. They meet up with the Fisher reinforcements near the edge of the valley, surprised to find that another three hundred crusaders (of dubious strength, they are equipped with clubs and sticks or the like, with the occasional monk and knight) have also joined their ranks as well.

The goa'uld pray Bob to strike down upon the separatists, using 600 points.

The Seperatists seem to be protected by other, far more powerful gods.

... oh... that makes more sense... sorry!

i ask the researchers to use their tails to carve some images into rock.

The researchers carve beautiful cave art into the rock. Your researchers are giddy that they might be talented artists.

The Scathe attempt to infect everything, especially the Kinder Gotten, or destroy/choke everything else with poison gas.

The infected dragons will use their rot breath to choke the enemy.

Quick thing: the dragons were killed and you were given the decay titan instead. Note that the titan is more powerful than the dragons combined, and is like half the boss monster. So quick chance to change there.

50 of the Daeka hunters replace their bone hooks with long, sturdy, pointed spikes. They change the joint on their arms so they can drive their arms directly downwards (think necromorphs). They begin digging out the Flux Metal and bringing it to the tree-platforms. The warrior Daeka train with the Hippo mounts. The priests of Adakkar begin working with the Flux Metal, forming it into intricate and strong swords for the warriors. The farmers continue foraging for plants, and replanting them in relatively clear areas near the main village.

RIP Dawngate ;-;