Strange colours throughout RuneScape

Beloved

This was the first i discovered a few weeks ago while on a farm run:

100322155547.png

(Location: Troll Stronghold)

Back then it had a distinct purple colour, instead of the faint green colour now, I didn't think much of it and put it down as a graphical bug but then someone posted on the Post your pictures thread this:

barrowglitch.png

(URL)

Which got me thinking again, but it wasn't until i went to train smithing two days ago that it made me think it was maybe something more than just a bug:

100322152837.png

(Location: Varrock west bank)

The colour from that one has changed as well, it used to be more distinct but i didn't take a picture of it until today.

My question is: Has anyone seen more of these on different locations and what could they be besides just bugs? I don't expect them to be meaningful tbh, I just like to know if there are more of them.

Lord_Beloved.png

I've personally never seen these odd colours, but it seems more like a graphical error on either Jagex's behalf, of yours. Maybe the developers messed up something with the latest update, or your graphic card is a little outdated.

I've personally never seen these odd colours, but it seems more like a graphical error on either Jagex's behalf, of yours. Maybe the developers messed up something with the latest update, or your graphic card is a little outdated.

Yeah, that could be, I was also thinking it could be due to HD. Although I dont consider my geforce 8600GTS to be outdated tbh :P

Lord_Beloved.png

Yeah, that could be, I was also thinking it could be due to HD. Although I dont consider my geforce 8600GTS to be outdated tbh :P

I would think it's the HD, with all the colours blending and stuff. Maybe look at the same spot in standard detail, see if it changes.

ok i just went back and they are now gone :-/

i swear theyve been there all the time for the last few weeks, and i have taken the above pictures less than 2 hours ago, but now theyre suddenly gone....

Lord_Beloved.png

i swear theyve been there all the timefor the last few weeks, and i have taken the above pictures less than 2 hours ago, but now theyre suddenly gone....

Either it's a conspiracy, a graphical error, or an accidental leak of Sailing.

i swear theyve been there all the time for the last few weeks, and i have taken the above pictures less than 2 hours ago, but now theyre suddenly gone....

think about what has changed since you last saw them; i.e different computer, different settings etc

nothing, same pc, same settings, same everything apart from me making this thread :P

well it doesn't really matter, i thought the colours were there for everyone but from the looks of things its something hardware/software related

Lord_Beloved.png

The first short cut in the Reilkka caves had a purple glow on the Pyrefiends side yesterday,

i saw the same thing right near the statues near bh in the wildy

i thought it was a glitch it lasted for a little while then it went away after i ran out of the screen and back i dont think its a graphic glitch though

OTMSigXD.png

It's back again, it's now black:

It looks a lot darker in game though

Could you circle/ highlight the strange part? I can't tell any difference from what it normally looks like. Also, the OP's pics won't load for me.

It's probably a bug or something, I can't imagine a news post saying something to the tune of "Strange colours have been appearing in RuneScape recently for those with HD settings, what could be causing this? Wait no more because after doing ____ quest, the secret of the strange colours is revealed!"

It's probably a bug :smile:

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I noticed it at barrows the other day. Just though it was part of it but I guess it is at a lot of places. I'm just guessing its a small graphics error on there part.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It's back again, it's now black:

It looks a lot darker in game though

Could you circle/ highlight the strange part? I can't tell any difference from what it normally looks like. Also, the OP's pics won't load for me.

It's probably a bug or something, I can't imagine a news post saying something to the tune of "Strange colours have been appearing in RuneScape recently for those with HD settings, what could be causing this? Wait no more because after doing ____ quest, the secret of the strange colours is revealed!"

It's probably a bug :smile:

100322225851.png

im the op btw :P

Lord_Beloved.png

If it was just one spot i would say its an insignificant glitch. However, because there are various ones around Rs, and probably many unseen ones, it makes me think it may b a small glitch by something implemented in the background to help an upcoming graphical update.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

On an unrelated note, I have the same graphics card as you. :)

More on topic, that is very strange...I have never seen anything like that before. Probably just a small graphical glitch.

Big_Stingman.png

Theres some purple in Tears of guthix room too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They look like tiny shades.

EDIT: I can see it too.

java2010032319471644.png

GeForce 9600GT graphics, all settings on their highest.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'll keep my eyes open for this... One hell of a glitch, though. :shock:

I wonder if it will show on the GeForce 7300 GT and/or Radeon 9200 (Don't bother me about this...) that I'm using here... :-k

~D. V. "Now THAT is interesting!" Devnull

(p.s.: Shouldn't this thread be in "RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions?")

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The barrows picture is mine, that colour has been in that exact spot for the ~4 days I've been barrowing now. Sometimes it disappears, sometimes it changes colours, but usually it has a red/purple/blue shade and it's always in the same spot. There's also two of these spots in Torag's tomb, with a slightly more blue/purple shade. I don't know what to think of it :ohnoes:

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.