Untradeable Potions

Bladewing

I agree completely with this, I really do not understand why BOBs do not contain this ability but a lot of the untradable items are not able to be stored in a BOB and I feel this should be changed.

am I the only one who doesn't support this? Jagex has to introduce restrictions in every little thing, to try and keep a balance. If they didn't have restrictions in that, then sooner or later people would be wanting to lift restrictions on everything, and the game would more or less tear itself a part. Sure, you may think that this restriction is little and annoying, but most of them are...

div>

am I the only one who doesn't support this? Jagex has to introduce restrictions in every little thing, to try and keep a balance. If they didn't have restrictions in that, then sooner or later people would be wanting to lift restrictions on everything, and the game would more or less tear itself a part. Sure, you may think that this restriction is little and annoying, but most of them are...

Restrictions for their own sake does not a good game make. Why can you store a super attack potion and an avantoe in your BoB, but not an extreme attack?

Jagex made them untradable for a reason. If Extremes were to suddenly become tradeable, then Super Attack, Super Strength, etc. potions would be deemed as weak and feeble in comparison.

If you want to argue that BoB should bank Extremes for faster kills at TDs or God Wars, then you might find yourself on the winning side. I feel that Supers are good enough, whether people on here think so or not.

Think of the untradeable holiday rares. If Jagex made the Bunny Ears and Scyte tradeable then that would just be another way for people to gain ridiculous amounts of money based on luck (where you had to be there when they were dropped). They quit doing the tradeable holiday rares, and I'm not going to write an entire essay of it here.

My view on this is that Jagex will eventually allow Extremes to be bankable for BoBs. It will be introduced in a major update that will be included with other tweaks/minor updates. Extreme potions will make killing monsters faster and easier than what Super potions did. There is a difference. Thus, the game has to be BALANCED. Making Extremes tradeable and possibly bankable in BoBs will make the game easier. Just admit it.

I don't support.

Jjuustin, was it really that hard for you to read my post? It was only 7 DAMN WORDS.

I'm not asking for extremes to be tradeable. I just want to be able to put them in my beast of burden. It doesn't make the game easier, just less annoying. Right now I just have my inventory full of the extremes, and my beast of burden full of prayer (regular, I wish super!) potions and saradomin brews.

I also agree with slime buckets and bonemeal pots.

So what bladewing. Why don't you tell me right now to leave your topic so you can continue to search for more supporters instead of telling me that I did not read your measly "7 WORDS."

If you are that offended by my opinion, you are making a mountain out of a mole hole.

So what bladewing. Why don't you tell me right now to leave your topic so you can continue to search for more supporters instead of telling me that I did not read your measly "7 WORDS."

Jagex made them untradable for a reason. If Extremes were to suddenly become tradeable, then Super Attack, Super Strength, etc. potions would be deemed as weak and feeble in comparison.

Think of the untradeable holiday rares. If Jagex made the Bunny Ears and Scyte tradeable then that would just be another way for people to gain ridiculous amounts of money based on luck (where you had to be there when they were dropped). They quit doing the tradeable holiday rares, and I'm not going to write an entire essay of it here.

1) You aren't responding to anything in my thread. Please make your own thread if you want to write about these things.

2) I never suggested these potions be made tradeable.

3) How about you give a better counterargument than "making things harder and more annoying is good", because it's pretty weak.

If you are that offended by my opinion, you are making a mountain out of a mole hole.

I'm not offended, your arguments are just weak, impertinent, and/or just false. If you have something legitimate, post it.

If you want to argue that BoB should bank Extremes for faster kills at TDs or God Wars, then you might find yourself on the winning side. I feel that Supers are good enough, whether people on here think so or not.

My view on this is that Jagex will eventually allow Extremes to be bankable for BoBs. It will be introduced in a major update that will be included with other tweaks/minor updates. Extreme potions will make killing monsters faster and easier than what Super potions did. There is a difference. Thus, the game has to be BALANCED. Making Extremes tradeable and possibly bankable in BoBs will make the game easier. Just admit it.

I don't support.

Wow you fail hard, did you even read the post?

You are dumb!

Fools_Taco.png

1) You aren't responding to anything in my thread. Please make your own thread if you want to write about these things.

3) How about you give a better counterargument than "making things harder and more annoying is good", because it's pretty weak.

I'm not offended, your arguments are just weak, impertinent, and/or just false. If you have something legitimate, post it.

I agree. Lmfao @ jjustin. Your going off on him without even reading the post. [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed] XD

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Lol, totally agree + support your thread. Why untradeable potions aren't allowed in a familiar is beyond me. I know it's untradeable therefore it couldn't be, but beyond that reasoning there is nothing else.

the language of the message telling you that you can't store these items in a familiar bothers me. we're not trying to 'trade' them to the familiar, we're saying "servant, please carry these for me." jagex seems to have really poorly defined reasons for why these extensions and enhancements to skills aren't allowed to mesh with others.

fishing.gif

I agree. Lmfao @ jjustin. Your going off on him without even reading the post. [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed] XD

Don't judge who I am when it's a living fact you don't even know me. Either post nicely or get out of Rants.

Don't judge who I am when it's a living fact you don't even know me. Either post nicely or get out of Rants.

we very well can judge who you are. it doesn't matter that we haven't met you physically, you've demonstrated qualities we find undesirable, and which require no physical interaction to understand. it is based on those qualities (inability/unwillingness to acknowledge your mistakes, as well as the initial arrogance of posting without reading the topic) that we are judging you.

you made a post which was off topic. either you did not read the post, or you misunderstood it.

you could have stopped there, and admitted your mistake, but instead you have decided to fight us, defending your post as an opinion which thusly can't be judged, whereas we are saying that even if it is an opinion, it is completely unrelated. we are not telling you to keep your opinions to yourself, we are telling you to keep your opinions relevant.

I don't support.

in your original post. it starts by saying that jagex had motivations for keeping the potions untradeable. this is a fact which jagex made public with the update, and the reason is this: they wanted to provide benefits to high-level herbalists.

original newspost about the potions: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=2288&allcat=true

your second line, which i have put in bold, is where it is clear that you did not read the topic.

If you want to argue that BoB should bank Extremes

he was saying that beasts of burden should be able to 'bank' extremes [untradeable potions]. you just told him that if he wanted to say the thing that he just did say, then he might be right.

obviously you did not understand or overlooked his original intent, because you would not be advising someone to argue a point, which they are already arguing.

your next few lines go on to talk about rares or something irrelevant, a further indication that you missed the point completely.

your last few lines are substantial and if you had posted only them, you wouldn't be getting all this criticism. however, your last sentence or two are:

Thus, the game has to be BALANCED. Making Extremes tradeable and possibly bankable in BoBs will make the game easier. Just admit it.

i am pretty sure he already has implied that being able to store extremes in beasts of burden will make things easier. that is why he wants it to be done. when you ask him to 'admit it' you again seem to have missed his point.

then your last line

I don't support.

you've just said that you think beasts of burden will eventually be able to carry extremes, which is what the OP wants, and what his post is saying should happen. why then do you say you don't support his post?

okay?

fishing.gif

Extremes give you higher stats than Super Potions. Those stronger hits will add up in the long run. Who wants to deny killing God War Bosses and Tormented Demons quicker than they already can?

I don't necessarily understand why people must feel untradeable potions have to be bankable on BOBs. If you want to complain about this issue directly, feel free to do so at Jagex. It's likely that they will understand and will implement banking untradeable potions on a BOB in a future update.

Extremes give you higher stats than Super Potions. Those stronger hits will add up in the long run. Who wants to deny killing God War Bosses and Tormented Demons quicker than they already can?

I don't necessarily understand why people must feel untradeable potions have to be bankable on BOBs. If you want to complain about this issue directly, feel free to do so at Jagex. It's likely that they will understand and will implement banking untradeable potions on a BOB in a future update.

yes, yes, and yes. we agree that extreme potions make boss hunting easier.

you think that jagex will eventually allow them to be stored in beasts of burden. this is what we want. this is what the topic is about, so in your view, you could think of this topic as:

we are annoyed that jagex has not implemented the change which they inevitably will.

i for one am not convinced they ever will make the change, though i hope they do.

fishing.gif

yes, yes, and yes. we agree that extreme potions make boss hunting easier.

you think that jagex will eventually allow them to be stored in beasts of burden. this is what we want. this is what the topic is about, so in your view, you could think of this topic as:

we are annoyed that jagex has not implemented the change which they inevitably will.

i for one am not convinced they ever will make the change, though i hope they do.

Jagex reads customer complaints more often now than they used to. I'm sure if enough people were to say that this should be implemented, then they will likely make it so in a future update.

I can bring enough extremes or overloads JUST IN MY INVENTORY to do an entire godwars trip. However, it makes it logistically annoying since I have to constantly search through my familiar for more brews and prayer potions. It wouldn't make the kills any quicker, it would only make it less annoying.

I can bring enough extremes or overloads JUST IN MY INVENTORY to do an entire godwars trip. However, it makes it logistically annoying since I have to constantly search through my familiar for more brews and prayer potions. It wouldn't make the kills any quicker, it would only make it less annoying.

So says everyone else.