Dragon Plate vs Bandos Plate

BigDrew

Bandos is for when you want strength which is a huuuuuuuuuge focus in this game....that's why godswords are so leet :rolleyes:

Dragon armor is nothing more than novelty wares this day and age. It's cheap and is great if you have higher defense and don't want to waste time using barrows armor that degrades and proves no further use.

If I want a top for strength, I wear my fighter's torso. If I want defense, I'll use barrows. Both are cheaper than either of your choices.

tl;dr

Niether

soulthresher.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll always wear my D Plate. Sorry. I've just wanted that ever since Classic, and now that I have one, I'll be damned if I ever let it go. :)

About the stats thing - it's really just personal preference. If you really like the way something looks, then you'll choose to use that. TBH, I'd wear Armadyl for ranging tasks if I could afford it... (looks play a huge part there).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'll always wear my D Plate. Sorry. I've just wanted that ever since Classic, and now that I have one, I'll be damned if I ever let it go. :)

Dragon platebody came out in Nov 2008, and the chainbody came out in Sept 2004. Unless I'm missing something, because RS2 came out in March 2004, there's no way you could have wanted a dragon chest armor since classic.

Another post claiming e-fame/old-schoolery. #-o

Dragon platebody came out in Nov 2008, and the chainbody came out in Sept 2004. Unless I'm missing something, because RS2 came out in March 2004, there's no way you could have wanted a dragon chest armor since classic.

No really, I did. You would just have to ask me about it someday instead of making silly assumptions. ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No really, I did. You would just have to ask me about it someday instead of making silly assumptions. ;)

Maybe he means he has been anticipating its release. I mean, a lot of people were for a long time. Spinning Dragon Plates anyone?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Dragon pl8 for sure, half the price same def minus range... lol oh boy 4 str... with turmoil and extream pots dose 4 str mean anything anymore? i'm just waiting for my dragon kiteshield then i can die happy. <3:

Dragon pl8 for sure, half the price same def minus range... lol oh boy 4 str... with turmoil and extream pots dose 4 str mean anything anymore? i'm just waiting for my dragon kiteshield then i can die happy. <3:

Turmoil is a percentage multiplier, so it works on top of strength bonuses. And with the constitution update allowing us to hit fractional damage, marginal strength boosts are significantly more relevant than they used to be.

1. 4 strength now means more than it ever did, because when you multiply it by 500% it is 20 strength.

2. strength saves you hours in the long run. and do you know what I really like having? HOURS!

Barrows for defence.

Bandos for strength.

Why is this thread still going?

There seems to be one of these for every page. Cyclical threads are always interesting.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Dragon plate looks the best by far and is a reasonable price. And to even bring fighter torso into the picture just makes me laugh. It's a free plate you get from a minigame that looks garbage It looks good with.... erm.... NOTHING ! lol.

To say Dragon plate never had it's 'brief period of glory' is ridiculous. There's many people out there who wear this plate. To don a Dragon plate with a trimmed att cape looks unbelieveable !

All of what you said is superficial. You're not looking at the stats, you're looking at the looks. By 'brief period of glory' he meant everyone uses it, like the whip has been for the past 3 years*.

*Date?

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde