Free Virus Removal

My_Eggs

Could someone please point me in the direction of a free virus removal and scan program? I fell for some dumb trick that I should have been smarter than, but long story short I'm pretty sure my friend got hacked again and me, thinking it was my freind on the account, trusted him and went to some dumb site. Anyways, all the programs I find on google end up scanning for free, but then when I want to remove the viruses it asks for credit cards numbers and junk. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Here's the 2 I use that removes/scans for free:

a-squared

spyware doctor

you should be able to either by google

good luck

Thanks, I just got a-squared. It's updating right now, so hopefully I'll be able to scan and remove whatever I have so I can get back on RS soon lol.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Deep Scan just finished and what do you know! A trojan was found, and guess what, it was from exactly where I thought it would be. I'm also pretty sure I know the kid that took my friends account, seeing as how he just did it a few days ago and solf my friends santas at minimum on the ge before my friend got the account back. Do you guys think this kid should get his [wagon] kicked? Cause I'm pretty pissed at him and havn't really liked him for a while now...

Try Avira.

And you shouldn't run a computer on the internet without an antivirus...

No, you should. Then you are more careful about what you download/install.

Horrible advice. You can get trojans/viruses from visiting web pages.

As for free AV's, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I was very happy with that when I used it, wasn't obtrusive and wasn't a resource hog. I used Avast before that, ugly AI, obtrusive and hogged resources. However, if you're willing to pay for an AV, I cannot recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 enough. It's an awesome AV, nice, easy to use UI, like MSE it didn't use many resources and didn't give you annoying pop ups.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

avast! is awesome tbh. ALways fully updated, easy to handle, catches everything.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

avast! is awesome tbh. ALways fully updated, easy to handle, catches everything.

Actually, I used to think that, until I saw that the detection rates were low and that there was a [cabbage]load of false positives.