is this legal?

ghjkl

Let's say I have 2 accounts, both with over 100m. Can I trade an easter to a trusted friend on one account and buy it on another? Is trading an easter for cash legal or is it unbalanced trade?

I think its legal, as long as they dont interact between eachother...?

And why wouldn't the trade be legal, there is a GE price you can pay for it....

Well as long as the trades are balanced so that you aren't bypassing the trade limits (Junk would work legally, but I wouldn't bother) and your characters don't directly interact it should be legal. There's nothing in JaGeX's rules against something like this, though it is a little border-line RWT.

EDIT: It is illegal, since your characters "must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer. "

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It's illegal. Sorry. In the rules section:

"4. Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way."

lalalasig2.png

I don't think it matters, I mean its not like your getting any advantage as long as the trades are balanced right? :P

Ignoring the fact at the situation easters are in, but thats largely not your fault. Doesn't mean Jagex won't ban you if they catch you though lol.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Well in the second case I'm worried jagex will think I'm rwting if I just give away my Easter for cash.

If the easter wasn't meant to be sold for cash(ge price) don't you think the ge price would be updated to the street price? Lets take an example of any party hat, if you had the option to buy the ge price of 334m, but the street price is 1.4b would you be considered doing rwt? I think not.

Well in the second case I'm worried jagex will think I'm rwting if I just give away my Easter for cash.

This has got to be one of my favorite posts in a while. The GE/price-limits are so broken that just by trading something for the official Jagex set price, people are worried that they'll get in trouble for RWT.

I would say it is lega. All the above cases where it's been said illegal, those are strictly for the TRANSFER of items. However, if you notice, he is NOT transferring the item. He is buying the item. So neither of his accs gain or lose money.

This has got to be one of my favorite posts in a while. The GE/price-limits are so broken that just by trading something for the official Jagex set price, people are worried that they'll get in trouble for RWT.

I concur, this is ridiculous oO

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

I would say it is lega. All the above cases where it's been said illegal, those are strictly for the TRANSFER of items. However, if you notice, he is NOT transferring the item. He is buying the item. So neither of his accs gain or lose money.

It is still transferring through a middle-man. And it's still against the rules.

It is still transferring through a middle-man. And it's still against the rules.

It's still not a transfer so much as it is a trade. Think about it.

Let's say the egg is worth 50m. So both of his accounts would have 50m. After the transaction, both accounts still have 50m. He gains no net advantage. A Transfer would be if one account had the egg and the other had no money at all, and the egg went from one account to the other.

Of course, in reality, he does gain an advantage since the GE had Easters underpriced. But that is Jagex's fault to relying on a system that isn't perfect, so it is not his fault.

Let's say the egg is worth 50m. So both of his accounts would have 50m. After the transaction, both accounts still have 50m. He gains no net advantage. A Transfer would be if one account had the egg and the other had no money at all, and the egg went from one account to the other.

Of course, in reality, he does gain an advantage since the GE had Easters underpriced. But that is Jagex's fault to relying on a system that isn't perfect, so it is not his fault.

However, they do still interact. Anyway, the easter is transferred from one account to another, and the money goes the other way. It is illegal, so you shouldn't do it if you don't want to risk it, but i highly doubt they'll find out about it.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

It's illegal. Sorry. In the rules section:

"4. Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way."

Is that rule still on RS anywhere? I looked through the rule page and didn't see it. I'd also say keyword give, old rule that applied before the trade limits. I'd say in the spirit of things it is not, but by the rules you're simply buying and selling nothing wrong with that. If it was addy bars or another ordinary supply/item and you did the same thing as with the Easter you wouldn't give it a second thought.

chaosoffar.png

However, they do still interact. Anyway, the easter is transferred from one account to another, and the money goes the other way. It is illegal, so you shouldn't do it if you don't want to risk it, but i highly doubt they'll find out about it.

Yes, but then if you think about it, you can interact with your own accounts unknowingly. If you bought something on the GE, then sold something on another acc, couldn't you get the same money? It's not a direct interaction, and it's not an item transfer. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with it.

This rule really seems like it was made for when you could do imbalanced trades - i.e. give easter egg to friend for free, friend gives egg to other account for free.

Edit for more thought: If egg was sellable on the GE this problem wouldn't really exist. What if you wanted to transfer a dragon med helm using the same method and 60k. The only "advantage" this scenario gives you in the game is that you don't have to go through the trouble of finding a buyer/seller. Whereas with the free trade thing you could accumulate wealth on multiple accounts and transfer it all into one.

yuki2d.png

:mellow:

:lol:

:roll:

Zerker_jane.png