How to catch someone siphoning gas

Blake

Bear traps? Noose? Sounds like something I'd do in this situation :thumbsup:

Step 1: Stay up on your porch with a shotgun.

Step 2: When he shows up, shine a bunch of floodlights on him, like the kind that turn night into day.

Step 3: Point the shotgun at him and say "We dun like your kind round h'ya."

Step 4: Paint your car red.

That's how it's done in America.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could leave a note on your gas cap saying " I know who you are and what you've been doing, I dont mind giving you a second chance and not reporting you aslong as you stop siphoning our gas". Just hope they dont call your bluff :P

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

Get your neighbours and you to take turns staying up at night until one of you catches him. That or have a tripwire set up to turn on a light so your camera can see him, that or one of those motion sensing lights will work, and won't have to be reset every time someone sets it off.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Hide on your roof one night within sight of the car. Once he approaches, simply call the police and tell them that they are breaking into your car. Or, you could just report the incident to the police and they might patrol your neighborhood more often.

Oh, and please stop it with the whole bear trap :| . It's just $100, not worth taking a leg over.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Although I'm fond of the bear trap idea, it's probably going to end up costing you far more than $100. I'd go to a police station and ask the best way to deal with the situation. They might lend you a camera or a motion sensor light something. Or a bear trap.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think the staying up all night is your best bet. i don't know much about cars so people more qualified could tell confirm or destroy this, but why not get all the gas out of your car, put something in that ruins engines and when they siphon it you may not know if but you get the last laugh. As I said I don't know much about cars so I'm not sure if it would ruin your engine if you never ran it. Ooo this just came to me! maybe a mouse trap! I'm not sure if you will find one small enough to fit but if they did get snapped they'd know about it.

If there really is no harm done to your truck, that's a brilliant idea!

I think the staying up all night is your best bet. i don't know much about cars so people more qualified could tell confirm or destroy this, but why not get all the gas out of your car, put something in that ruins engines and when they siphon it you may not know if but you get the last laugh. As I said I don't know much about cars so I'm not sure if it would ruin your engine if you never ran it. Ooo this just came to me! maybe a mouse trap! I'm not sure if you will find one small enough to fit but if they did get snapped they'd know about it.

If there really is no harm done to your truck, that's a brilliant idea!

Kind of a far off idea, but you could buy two fuel tanks. One trap tank and a normal tank. You could remove the original tank, take out the pump assembly/sending unit ,patch the hole and replace the tank with the trap tank.

Fill the trap tank with sodium silicate.

Follow him home somehow.

Wait untill he puts the "fuel" into something.

Wait untill he tries to operate that something.

?????

lulz and profit

Just a silly idea, don't actually do it.Not sure if that stuff can disable through the fuel system.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The most important thing is recording him in the act of committing the crime. You need evidence, or else people are just going to think you caught some random guy and started accusing him of siphoning gas.

Actually, your evidence would probably be the container that the suspect uses to store the gas that he siphons. It'll have his fingerprints all over it, so if you catch him, that'll probably be evidence right there. I would still suggest getting the crime on footage, though.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

For now, we put out our other truck, which is diesel, and we hope they'll take some diesel and ruin their engine. If it keeps going on, we will probly stay up a couple nights and wait. We also thought about putting a mouse trap in there, but it doesn't seem possible.

Also, I don't see how we could get sued. They trespass on our property, break into our car and steal our gas. We're setting up boundaries so they don't get our stuff

We were never really serious about the bear trap, its just a fun thing to think about haha

2s0cxth.png

I'm wondering if the thief will notice that you've switched out the vehicles... If he was smart, he would know that you're trying to ruin his engine. Does diesel smell different than gas?

Either way, good luck. I hope you have fun kicking the guy's [wagon] when you get him.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

For now, we put out our other truck, which is diesel, and we hope they'll take some diesel and ruin their engine. If it keeps going on, we will probly stay up a couple nights and wait. We also thought about putting a mouse trap in there, but it doesn't seem possible.

Also, I don't see how we could get sued. They trespass on our property, break into our car and steal our gas. We're setting up boundaries so they don't get our stuff

We were never really serious about the bear trap, its just a fun thing to think about haha

I'm pretty sure a burgler has attempted to a sue a family because their dog bit him when he broke into their house.

On that note, society is getting a bit extreme with human rights. At least when it coems to criminals being able to counter-sue like that.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Because the justice system makes no sense, that's how. That kind of thing has happened before.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Because the justice system makes no sense, that's how. That kind of thing has happened before.

Human Rights fail.

I can understand there being laws so the person has a right to a fair trial, but it's a step too far when the person who tried to victimize you can sue you because he hurt himself when he was trying to break into your house in order to rape your daughter or steal your things.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Buy a guardbear.

That's exactly what my 8 year old stepsister's halfbrother (if you can understand that, he lives with us) suggested haha.

If that human rights stuff is true, then that is really messed up.

I don't know if diesel smells different than regular. We usually have a couple cars outside, so a switch wouldn't be noticed.

2s0cxth.png

On the note of human rights I've heard a story about a doctor who heard someone break into his house (a burglar) and the doctor came down with a gun and shot him but didn't kill him and now THE DOCTOR is pretty much penniless from a lawsuit. Though to some of you it may sound inhumane but my mother has taught me this if I'm ever defending my home. 1. Kill them. It doesn't matter who they are or why they are there make sure they are dead. 2. Unload the entire gun into them. The second she actually heard from a policeman for this reason, if you fire a few shots or 1 or 2 you will be made out to be a controlled killer, but if you unload the entire clip, you are a frightened homeowner protecting their family/property. I look at it his why, even if a man breaks into my house to steal my TV, I can never be absolutely sure that he won't seize the opportunity to rape my sister, or what if we catch him and he has a weapon? If ANYONE enters my house without my permission I'm am going to assume they are doing so with lethal intention and will react with lethal intention.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Buy a guardbear.

That's exactly what my 8 year old stepsister's halfbrother (if you can understand that, he lives with us) suggested haha.

If that human rights stuff is true, then that is really messed up.

I don't know if diesel smells different than regular. We usually have a couple cars outside, so a switch wouldn't be noticed.

Their smells are pretty similar from experience (not from siphoning of course!) so the gas thief could potentially ruin their own car, and lose more money out of the whole debacle.

Either way, I'd suggest spying one night, and leave a cryptic note near the gas container that says "the apocalyptic fiends will judge you." Or plan a stakeout, and take the guy down redhanded while he or she is siphoning.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Their smells are pretty similar from experience (not from siphoning of course!) so the gas thief could potentially ruin their own car, and lose more money out of the whole debacle.

Either way, I'd suggest spying one night, and leave a cryptic note near the gas container that says "the apocalyptic fiends will judge you." Or plan a stakeout, and take the guy down redhanded while he or she is siphoning.

I own a diesel truck.. and the difference in smell it noticeable. Although it they're just siphoning petrol I don't think it will register when their main concern is not getting caught in the process. They might notice later on but I doubt they'll pick up on it straight away. Either way.. setup security lights plus a camera (or more) and put your vehicle in a position where they have to a) expose their face to a camera on approach B) show their face when leaving... then have the lights activate when they make it to the car.. instant panic, and then run out with a baseball bar or something yelling random [cabbage]. Either way they go you'll capture their face on camera + all their siphoning gear will be left behind. Call cops -> they take prints... easy done.

On the note of human rights I've heard a story about a doctor who heard someone break into his house (a burglar) and the doctor came down with a gun and shot him but didn't kill him and now THE DOCTOR is pretty much penniless from a lawsuit. Though to some of you it may sound inhumane but my mother has taught me this if I'm ever defending my home. 1. Kill them. It doesn't matter who they are or why they are there make sure they are dead. 2. Unload the entire gun into them. The second she actually heard from a policeman for this reason, if you fire a few shots or 1 or 2 you will be made out to be a controlled killer, but if you unload the entire clip, you are a frightened homeowner protecting their family/property. I look at it his why, even if a man breaks into my house to steal my TV, I can never be absolutely sure that he won't seize the opportunity to rape my sister, or what if we catch him and he has a weapon? If ANYONE enters my house without my permission I'm am going to assume they are doing so with lethal intention and will react with lethal intention.

This really is the safest way to handle a break in. For one, it's far easier to argue that you acted out of self-defense. Likewise, there are a lot of burglars who carry weapons, so it's impossible to tell if a person is armed or not when they break into your home. Since there are quite a few sociopaths, they may also just kill you for the hell of it, even if you give them what they want.

What is the moral of the story? Kill that son of a [bleep].... Kill them before they kill you.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Also, make sure to miss once or twice after they're down for good so that your "I was freightened and didn't know what was going on" case is really solid.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif