Tip.It Times: New beginnings in a new land

Eeeeediot

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would have been a better ending if the guy had been pked and then killed and found himself back at lumbridge and then the story went on and he somehow got a happy ending.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Not exactly how I recall noobiehood. If I remember correctly, I stayed in lumby by the church colloecting the bones of countless men and women. I got over 15 prayer off of that, getting me well on my way to becoming the monk tank I am now. When I finally decided to venture off, I headed aimlessly, finally finding myself in the land of goblins, by the Port Sarim Jail. I collected more gold than I could imagine, 30 gp (perfect for the boat ride) and more runes than I could ever use (probably about ten of each elelmental) Then, a kindly fellow by the name of maddog714 offered me something nice, he offered to give me a sword, far better than the dagger I was using. I followed him happily, and he led me to the bank. I had no idea what a bank was, and didn't realize that he wasn't taking me anywhere near a bank at all. I didn't worry about the darkening screen, as the wilderness loomed over me. My new friend would protect me from whatever harm may come across me. Then, my new friend began attacking me. Not even knowing how to run, I tried vainly to walk away. Without descending even three levels of wilderness, I fell, losing everything I had worked so hard for. Angry and disssoriented, I resumed collecting bones, pushing my prayer to 20. So, in truth, I owe a lot to that maddog fellow. He evil ways helped me alot. My only regret is that I can't challenge him to another fight, because by now, I would crush him underfoot.

If anyone has recently seen or spoken to maddog714, let him know I want to talk to him.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

what i find funny is that practically all the people posting (cept runesmithie) about starting way early in RSC all have 1-4 post count :roll:

but nice romantic story. i kind of got the impression that it was kind of hurried, alot of minor spelling and grammar mistakes.. especially "Do unto others, as you would [have them] do unto you," and the incorrect use of hither in alot of places. not really a major issue though, point got across.

for all the people that are saying "it only takes me 2 min to walk from lumby to fally" need to realize that in games like runescape, RL time really doesn't pertain to game time; obviously walking through two towns and miles of countryside (proportionate to the size of the RS map) is going to take a few days IRL. just like how farming potatoes only takes a half hour max in the game, whereas it takes months IRL.

also, what/who should we do/talk to if we want to submit something ourselves, short story or otherwise?

ubersig2se0.jpg

:wall: lol!

that was a very well written story, u should be a writer

btw the player that gave the ammy of glory to ya: it was me! and i want my gift repayed! lol jk, that player must've been nice

if that whole thing was made up and im making myself look like an idiot...tell me before i do something stupider!

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

like the story dude.

Ya I remember when i first played runescape. Lol, i didn't know u could talk to the other players so when i got off of tutorial island and pple were talking to each other i was surprised. I got alot of help from more experienced players so now I sometimes go out of my way to help new players.

thanks for publishing this is one of my better pieces, thank you tip.it and thank you for whoever posted it

Very nice! My favorite part was the engraving. Golden rule is my religion man, and runescape needs a big dose of it to go around. I liked how you turned the walk to Fally in real life time. Overnight hike and camping out overnight... lol.

I really enjoyed that, thank you. Wish there was more of this on here.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

nice structured plot. it sadly reminded me of my noobie first year in runescape classic, where i telegrabbed all the stuff on drop parties before i decided to become a pker...

good written story, i enjoyed reading it!

holy vampire cow flying in the air while eating a chicken!!!!

That was the best story i have ever read :shock: :shock:

That was really good.More!!! More

MAn im thinking that was the tip it drop party(too bad i couldn't come :( )

Plz right more but congratulations be a writer!!!!

i remember how every time I died someone would always give me an axe and tinderbox, and now I do that to other players, to thank the first few. if that happened to you, pass it on, and make someone a bit happier!

p.s i didnt even no what a drop party was! LOL

awsome story!!!!!Too bad runescape wasnt like that....lol. That story kinda reminded me of the yip.it drop, lol, there was mages doing telnitic grab, alot of people there(high levels) and i rember seeing a guy in bunny ears, lol. Nice story and hope you do more..

Dreaming of a blue phat everyday....=p

god, it was soooo boring. long, boring, but had a point, so u got 1/3 right which is also my rating for it. the story itself was all right... but it was too long and full of details with the sole purpose of extending the story

watch the flames come and come

i enjoyed the story, i really liked how you were i think the word is explanatory...(you explained what it was like around you....) and how you made it like a book would do it by sleeping, making it take a few days instead of just for example.... i walked with him to fallador.... or something like that