best weapon for dung,

Singh

There really isn't a best weapon. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Go for whatever you want.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've had a promethium spear (p++) bound for... well, quite a while now. I'll be sticking with it until someone else with more resources can actually test out the weapon types and possibly prove something else to be more viable.

Since the spear has crush, slash and stab styles on it, you can exploit the melee weaknesses in everything fairly easily, plus it can be poisoned. The poison, in my opinion, doesn't help terribly much, though - things that can be poisoned usually die before the poison actually starts doing damage. Bosses in general seem immune to poison for the most part as well.

Link_Olaran.png

Spear is the best in my opinion. If you aren't using the correct attack for the monsters, you will spend a long time attacking them. It took my friend and I (he is maxed melee I am 85 attack) like literally two or three minutes to kill a level 150 icefiend because we had no stab options.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

what is the style i use on each monster?

Here's some examples:

Skeletons: Crush

Hydras: Slash

Icefiends: Stab

Zombies: Slash seems to work best for me

I'd do more, but I can't think of the names of the monsters right now.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Jagex released Dungeoneering with the intention of doing a little mini re-building of RuneScape(Or something like RuneScape) knowing what they know now. Hence why all the skills tie together so well. At least that's what i think.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is: Dungeoneering is heavily set on the combat triangle, and different attack styles. Monsters will be significantly weaker to a certain attack style, making the spear the most worth-it weapon. As it can use all three melee attack styles.

As far as i can tell, it's pretty easy to deduct what monsters are weak to what. These are a few i've done myself(They're not 100%, but I'm pretty certain on them):

Rats: Stab

Ice Giants: Stab

Ice Warriors: Crush

Ice Fiends: Stab or Crush. They seem pretty close.

Zombies: Slash

Hydras: Slash

Skeletons: Crush

All of the forgotten warriors, rangers, and mages very. As i believe they actually receive the bonus of the armor they're wearing. Both rangers and mages it doesn't seem to matter much, but you might want to play around with the warriors.

I know there's a lot more, but these are the ones i've memorized for the most part at the moment.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

The other reason the spear is nice is that good shields don't come every round, so you may as well take advantage of the spare shield spot by using a two-handed weapon.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

In F2P, I'd rather go for a combo, like longsword/battleaxe, or longsword/warhammer, than just the spear itself.

Speed 5 weapons are generally the best, which includes the above 4 weapons. This depends on what you want though.

Longsword - Best stab, best slash, second best strength.

Battleaxe - Second-best slash, second-best crush, best strength.

Warhammer - Best crush.

Spear - All 3 attack styles, but not best in anything, and it's two-handed.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I found battleaxe the best. Has both crush and slash aswell as high strength bonus :)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)