marijuana legalization - thoughts?

emers8529

I read somewhere that the only reason weed is illegal is because the cotton industry was angry about hemp being used for clothing.

That's definitely not the only reason.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that the only reason weed is illegal is because the cotton industry was angry about hemp being used for clothing.

You're right, there's also racism to consider as well.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

You're right, there's also racism to consider as well.

I wasn't saying that as a justification for it's illegality, if that's what you were thinking. I definitely support legalization of marijuana.

I can already legally smoke it so it doesn't really matter to me. I mean 50 bucks and a trip to Venice beach and boom your legal. Its too easy..

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

it was supposed to be lumber industry.

Both are correct, so are the companies who own the patents for medicines that can be substituted with cannabis.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Drug warriors, this is your war:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc

This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years—cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime. But they did prevent Jonathan Whitworth from smoking the pot they found in his possession. So I guess this mission was a success.

~Radley Balko

Something just doesn't add up with the video; Why would they use SWAT for a guy who simply had a pipe and grinder? I still don't think we have the entire story behind this case, but this is enough of a reason for a huge change in laws. And I think that they really didn't conduct themselves professionally. Lobby the politicians to change these laws, and allow for leagalization of the drug. Then things spiral into opening way too many [developmentally delayed]ed cans of worms on issues ranging from the big corporations wanting to reduce and monopolize competition, to simple moral objections.

Either way, this video pisses me off. All this over a simply psychoactive drug with relatively tame effects. Hell, the guy wasn't even a dealer, just a simple user.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

[hide]

This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years—cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime. But they did prevent Jonathan Whitworth from smoking the pot they found in his possession. So I guess this mission was a success.

~Radley Balko

[/hide]

I really don't see how this video is specifically related to the drug legalization part. It's sickening and wrong, sure, but it's more about a dumb police force (or should I say department), rather than about the problem with the illegality of drugs- because that same police force would have done the same thing if it was something else that isn't drugs.

For instance, if someone largely against drugs watched that video, their problem would be with what the police had done, rather than why they've done that.

Well I wouldn't like it because of one reason, If I know this world they probably will add some [cabbage] like Nicotine in order to legalize or something.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Magekillr that vid would fit perfectly in Pineapple Express XD

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't use weed, so idrc, but if you crash into my car or something cause your high (happened to a friend of mine) I'll go ape[cabbage].

I drive around with friends all the time while they're high. They drive more cautious and safe than half the idiots out there who are not stoned.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I don't use weed, so idrc, but if you crash into my car or something cause your high (happened to a friend of mine) I'll go ape[cabbage].

I drive around with friends all the time while they're high. They drive more cautious and safe than half the idiots out there who are not stoned.

I feel like im a better drive when im high and i feel like all my friends are too. Dont hate me for DUI.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

I feel like im a better drive when im high and i feel like all my friends are too. Dont hate me for DUI.

So true.

My brother drives almost every day while high. The only accidents he's been in were not his fault, and he was sober.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Your reaction time does get slower when you're stoned. Most other people driving like [developmentally delayed]s doesn't change that. Not nearly as bad as driving drunk of course but in some situations you need to be able to react fast.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Yes, I agree with the reaction time statement, but In my person experience, I focus more, and am much more likely to obey the rules of the road compared to driving sober trying to get somewhere.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Yes, I agree with the reaction time statement, but In my person experience, I focus more, and am much more likely to obey the rules of the road compared to driving sober trying to get somewhere.

I don't have a driving license but I think I know what you mean :mrgreen: . Still it's because of those sober people driving like madmen you need your fast reaction time.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Yea, I agree with what you said, it really isn't yourself that you have to worry about driving *unless you suck* it's the other people who suck. Reaction time is slowed down by marijuana, it's proven.. Yet I sometimes feel paranoid when driving, making me go the speed limit, even use my blinker when no ones around o.O

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 yearscops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime. But they did prevent Jonathan Whitworth from smoking the pot they found in his possession. So I guess this mission was a success.

~Radley Balko

If you want it that [bleep]ing bad emigrate to Holland?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]