Cars

Atom Smash40

hey guys just wondering i'll be looking at my first car in a couple months and i'm looking for something sporty, four door, fast, but small. under 31k.

right now its between an automatic audi a3 with no special options (around $30,500) or a 4-door VW gti (auto) with ALL special options (coming in around $30,975). any suggestions?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

All I can say is how can you afford a <31k car for your first car?

I would suggest getting something cheap for around £1000 which you can run around in for a few years and learn to drive before going to something more powerful.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

All I can say is how can you afford a <31k car for your first car?

Yeah, thats a pretty insane sum for your first car. And I'd agree with Danqaz's advice about getting a cheaper run around for a year or two then gradually moving up to something with more oomph.

But, I'd go for the Golf GTi just because I love them. Although I'd get it 2 door. And Mk2 if possible.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

hey guys just wondering i'll be looking at my first car in a couple months and i'm looking for something sporty, four door, fast, but small. under 31k.

That's like, 98% of all small cars right there dude. Buy a nice 8-12k one and save the rest for later. You never know when you'll need it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

sorry i just decided not to give a back story because i feared my post would be overlooked. I will actually be sharing it with my mom but the reason i consider it basically mine is because she has really bad eyes and does not ever drive at night. also we live in a ridiculously central location.. example: her current car of 3-4 years has like 16k miles on it. the only regulations she set for the new car were a general price figure, that it be automatic, and that it was 4 door. i suggested just getting a used car for myself but she refused citing that used cars were unreliable? and that we have no room for a 5th car in the family and it would be stupid to pay insurance on a 5th car. yes my dad has 3 cars but only one is nice.. the one he drives every day he riced out with a custom exhaust and **** like that and another one is just a 'show' car that he refuses to let go of.

the only reason im looking for a car kind of in the mid-upper 20k's is because its going to be somewhat of a gift to me if i can hold my current GPA which i have been working my ass off for.. and it will be replacing a not-so-bad pontiac g6 (v6) (approx 200hp) so i need the speed factor otherwise it will feel like a downgrade.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Used cars are just as reliable as brand new, providing they've been looked after alright. Most garages here have a check list of things that need to be in order with the car before they can sell it on again and they usually come with some kind of warranty as well.

But yeah, I'd go for the Volkswagen Golf GTi. They're pretty decent cars generally. There's always the Golf R32 as well which is pretty much just a beefier GTi with some added bells and whistles.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The stereotype of small cars = good mileage is completely invalid.

Ferrari makes fast but very small cars and their mileage is lower than a Hummer (which is infamous for having one of the worst fuel economy ever). It all depends on the engine size.

Ferraris tend to be very wide because of the size of the tires.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

I just absolutely hate new cars nowadays. The general modeling towards curves and "scientific resrch lololul" pisses me the hell off.

Although, I can't I say I don't like the 2010 Challenger. A lot better than that Audi crap posted above me.

dodge-challenger-3.jpg

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've never been a fan of American Mustangs. The design is so lazy and hasn't been changed for so long. There is just something about them that makes me dislike them with a passion.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I just absolutely hate new cars nowadays. The general modeling towards curves and "scientific resrch lololul" pisses me the hell off.

I kinda agree here. I don't mind it on supercars and stuff like that but everyday cars, nah. Ford redesigned the body shape of the Fiesta over here which I think spoils the whole look of the car. Could say the same about Volkswagen with the Golf GTi. It's all personal preference though, I just prefer my cars blocky instead of curvy I guess.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The modernized American muscle cars look like huge, heavy blocks of metal. I agree with Blake, so plain. Look at the entire side of the Charger. There's nothing there and the door sits so high, it's like trying to look out of a prison cell window.

Anderson Germany tuning, Blake?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

it's like trying to look out of a prison cell window.

Ha, that's the Chrysler 300.

But yeah, I don't like the Challenger compared to other cars, but it's the best looking "modern-curvy-curvy" car.

Volvos have the general style I like in a car. Though, I'm not sure how good of cars they are.

Volvo-740.jpg

[hide=Off-topic, but still on-topic, but a different sub-topic]

Do any of you ever wanted to drive a low rider before? Just for kicks?

lowrider.jpg[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg

I think modern cars have too much trimming and the headlights look to bulgy which is becoming so cliche that it makes the old fashioned cars gain taste.

My personal favorites are old pickups, sedans, and coupes. I hate anything that has spoilers though. Those are just ugly.

I usually agree with your opinion on spoilers, but some cars a very long, thin one makes it better. For example the new mustang, with the factory one you can get. Without it, the end of the car just looks like a long pinched rectangle.

And yeah, Anderson seems right. Was too lazy to look it up :)

2s0cxth.png

Girlfriend's uncle has an R8. Hopefully i get a drive in it soon :D

I am so [bleep]ing jealous, you have no idea

Ahh its not quite what it seems. I've met the guy like once and iirc it's a two seater so i'd have to go by myself...however we shall see :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Audi R8 I've seen.

video[/vide]

That's really sexy :mrgreen: Although, I don't like the spyders as much. And about Anderson Germany tuning, they just did a Lamborghini Gallardo VB, I might post pics later.

Just to elaborate on this...

I like Lamborghinis more than Ferraris, because of the more straight, sharp lines and corners on them. It looks better than the curves of a Ferrari, although I do like the 458 Italia a lot.

[hide]2uf7w93.jpg[/hide]

[hide]fu04lv.jpg[/hide]

2s0cxth.png

The 458 is a sexy looking car. It was a shame about the whole bursting into flames thing. Thats sorted now though.

[hide]Ferrari-Italia-458-Fire-Incident1.jpg[/hide]

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction