Cars

Atom Smash40

I've seen a Coutach and a Gallardo and when I saw the yellow gallardo I was driving and almost j'ed in my p. I wanted to turn around and ask the owner if I could drive it so badly haha. :pray:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

First car looks impressive since it's old and very clean. Hard to see these days.

The Jetta looks a bit salvaged since parts are falling off. Idk about you but I don't see a valid point in having 2 cars with the same body

style. An SUV/truck with a sedan or a coupe would make sense but the latter...nah.

I saw a Lamborghini Diablo on the way home yesterday, it sounded awesome :^_^:

Damn, I have yet to see any exotic rides because they're apparantly illegal on the streets. <_<

I've seen a few living in Minneapolis; one Audi R8 ( <3: <3: <3: ), two gallardos, one murceilago, two diablos, a couple F430s, one 599 GTB (so awesome), a bunch of XF-Rs, Bentleys, and Maseratis, and one Aston. I think that's all, over about three years. This doesn't even compare to what I saw while I was in England, France, and Italy though.

2s0cxth.png

Old cars tend to be terrible on gas, more likely to need a costly repair, and I can't stand the boxy look of late 80s to mid 90s cars. If I end up needing a car before then, I may settle for a cheap Pontiac Sunfire. I can't even get my license till December anyways.

Thinking of getting an 07-09 Chevy Cobalt in about a year. Anyone know a better first car for under 6-7 grand?

6-7 grand is around 2002-2004 for a good make/model. Civics and Corollas are obvious but once you do your research,

you'll find that some models from Mitsubishis and and Mazdas aren't bad alternatives either. ;)

Old cars tend to be terrible on gas, more likely to need a costly repair, and I can't stand the boxy look of late 80s to mid 90s cars. If I end up needing a car before then, I may settle for a cheap Pontiac Sunfire. I can't even get my license till December anyways.

My 10 year old ride is still pulling 27s (and 28s) on street and 31s on highways. that's still pretty decent compared to modern

compacts. Maintaining the car is the number one rule for determining gas mileage.

Or you could go for some cars like small early 2000 Toyotas or something. They're pretty good too, such as my Toyota echo with 300 000 km that never broke down and that I have only put about $150 in repairs in 2 years (exaust pipe, but is good for a long while now).

Thinking of getting an 07-09 Chevy Cobalt in about a year. Anyone know a better first car for under 6-7 grand?

6-7 grand is around 2002-2004 for a good make/model. Civics and Corollas are obvious but once you do your research,

you'll find that some models from Mitsubishis and and Mazdas aren't bad alternatives either. ;)

My 10 year old ride is still pulling 27s (and 28s) on street and 31s on highways. that's still pretty decent compared to modern

compacts. Maintaining the car is the number one rule for determining gas mileage.

This. Repair and fuel costs are highly dependent on how the car was maintained over the years, even new cars can give way if neglected off the lot, and car can run over 300k miles with the right owner.

I'd suggest an early 90s Honda civic personally, it's cheap, gives superior gas mileage and will probably be less costly to repair due to the age of the vehicle. Older vehicles are less complex and will usually cost less in labor charges. Just make sure you find one that hasn't been abused by some kid/boy racer. Watch for past or present overheating problems as well, the iron block doesn't get along with the aluminum heads, they like to warp. Either way, you've got up to 3 grand in your pocket in case anything goes wrong, and lower insurance costs to boot.

also, please don't get a Sunfire.... Cavilers/Sunfires have lots of lower end engine problems from what I've experienced doing mechanic work from time to time.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Don't get that Chevy. You can buy a 99-00 Civic Si for 6-7k. Better reliability and better car all around. Only issue: theft.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Don't get that Chevy. You can buy a 99-00 Civic Si for 6-7k. Better reliability and better car all around. Only issue: theft.

I've thought about civics, but I'd never hear the end of it if I ended up getting one. I'd like to get a car that looks nice too, and I can't stand that boxy look on the older models.

Don't know where you guys live, but here I can get an automatic 07 Cobalt for 6500$, or a manual one for 5500$.

I've thought about civics, but I'd never hear the end of it if I ended up getting one. I'd like to get a car that looks nice too, and I can't stand that boxy look on the older models.

Don't know where you guys live, but here I can get an automatic 07 Cobalt for 6500$, or a manual one for 5500$.

If your going to get an auto, newer is somewhat better for mileage since older automatics aren't as efficient and will start going bad at higher mileages.

If you can drive a manual, get an older car, the costs will be the same for services(mostly clutch replacement) but you'll get superior mileage with a civic.

Also, 90s+ civics aren't boxy lul

5th-gen_Honda_Civic_Coupe.jpg

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

This is my baby :) Hopefully soon I'll be able to dress her up a little and make her look even better :thumbsup:

jetta.jpg

TDI?

Nah just a 2.0L. Nothing special :mellow:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

If the car loses value as fast as that, only means it's not a good car to buy as first car. You want something reliable that you will be able to sell afterwords when you buy your first new car.

Looks terrible and will probably be massively unbalanced, handling like a dog. I hate to say it, but stereotypical American. It will probably be good in a straight line, but in what actually matters, corners, it will be totally useless. So much weight over the back end.

I'm not a fan of all power no corner. Much more entertaining to see cars which can go around a corner 2x the speed that another car can.

I'd think something like that is designed for being really damn fast, turning be damned.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Spork:

Get one of these

dsc05661vh.jpg

You can't tell me it doesn't look good. And it can back up it's looks too (more in the handling category instead of straightline speed).

Most used (in stock form as seen above) go between 6000-8000. And it holds its resale value VERY well.

And here's a pic of my car at an Autocross event this past winter.

1086265958_UxAM5-XL.jpg

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~