Oldest clans?

Vio

The Moriquendi - July 5th, 2004

Dragonwood - Sometime a little before then?

All I can think of off the top of my head ^_^

dcmsignature3.png

Member of: Collision

Leader of: The Moriquendi

Former Legionnaire of: Legends Never Die

Check out my Tip.It Profile and leave a comment!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, if you actually feel like reading the Sabres history instead of just making claims: http://thesabreclan.com/history.html

That goes until I joined in 2005 and for sure they've still been around.

Like my point a while ago, just because you do not hear from a clan doesnt mean that it ceased to exist. What matters is that it is still around and kicking.

Lynx

The Sabres don't really count :| if they did, they would be the oldest

I'd be interested to know why you don't think they count.

By all means ask many of the older members of clanning. Sabres have split before as well as having closed due to issues within the clan. When they split it was a break up of the original clan and it was only really after that it was claimed to still be Sabres (probably to hold onto the title). I am speaking for what I have been told of course by multiple sources who were active during this time. They will claim they have not but MANY members from multiple old-school clans can vouch for different circumstances. Sure they are the oldest clan to have ever been involved with Runescape however I believe it would be safe to say that the oldest ACTIVE clan would belong to someone else.

Heck THE has been in the top 5 longer than most clans have been alive. It is only in recent years that Gladz BK and THE dropped out of that rank. I dont believe anyone can question the longevity of any of those 3 though. They all have stayed active and pretty much have not fallen below at least top 30 overall.

Lol. The Sabres havent closed ever, although spilts between the Light and Dark Sabres occured, you can read the history on their forums. Thesabreclan.com. They have never officially closed, but have gone from the spot light due to things changing in the clan world, pvp, etc. They are still active in the sense of having events and an active community.

Anyone who says that the Sabres closed has been mis-informed. Just because you dont hear from a clan doesnt mean that it doesnt exist or has closed. Due to some of the leaders of the past, they did not really care about what the clan world thought or etc, so they didnt do much warring. However, they did have pk trips, albeit smaller. But there has always been people there and events happening, whether or not they had new recruits or were losing, they were always struggling in existence.

And btw, this spilt happened between members of the Sabres who were following after each other, but I believe that they were remerged, never has the Sabres ceased to exist.

Lynx

So then you are not sure about it either judging from words used like "believe"? I have personally heard the history from multiple sources stemming from old THE, BK, and other people who were active during the older times and all have confirmed it. You claim that the sabres have never closed but do you personally have any proof to show otherwise? It seems like this is going to be a topic where sides will simply agree to disagree.

The big problem lies in the fact that The Sabres have not been a presence enough to back up the claims of never having closed unlike other old school clans.

This subject comes up every now and then when some old member from Cyber wars pops up on the boards, there is no recording of The Sabre Clan ever closing, yes there was a split but that doens't mean they died.

Naturally though you are 'The' and there used to be alot of 'beef' between the two clans, but then again that happens when you are the Anti-Sabre Clan.

Like Jinn said, There history is on the boards and easy to find.

Exer since runescape classic. yes, we have had clan divisions, reboots, closings and re openings, naturally after so many years and time. its alot of years and a ton of history. but Exer's creation and age is also one of the oldest.

~Dar~

darlenessig450x186.jpg

Don't forget Zeonic Force, we were right there battling with Damage Inc back in the day. I personally helped lead them for about 2 years back in classic.

99 Fishing/Cooking - Both Achieved in Rs1

99 Attack, Defense, Strength, Range, Hitpoints, Fletching

Don't forget Zeonic Force, we were right there battling with Damage Inc back in the day. I personally helped lead them for about 2 years back in classic.

ZF are still alive? :blink: I thought they died in like 2004/05..?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

ZF are still alive? :blink: I thought they died in like 2004/05..?

They did.

Several times in the last year you have made a claim that THE is the oldest... you have been proven wrong every time. The Sabres were around a lot longer on Cyber Wars and have never closed. We have several members that have been active in the clan for 6-7+ years and retired members that have been around since the beginning of CW and RS.

What events are you referring to this time when you accuse TS of being closed?

Is it when our Recruitment Account on RSC was hacked saying "The Sabre Clan... is dead" ? 20 minutes after this was posted myself, Ton, and Sunset all posted on this topic declaring the truth and it was deleted an hour later.

Or are you trying to reference the Dark Sabre split? Throughout the splits the Light Sabres were commanded by King Sabre himself or several other elite and leaders. Later both Ice Sabre and Cold Sabre rejoined the clan.

The clan history on our website is pretty extensive, and we also have the Old RS Clan History, written by TimmyWD, hosted on our site. http://www.thesabreclan.com

We really don't understand why you continue to bring this up, especially after Jagex confirmed us to be the oldest clan in our official interview: http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=80

We all have great respect for the other long time clans. Having been enemies and allies back in the day, it's all in good fun and memory. However you are obsessed with undermining our legacy and you gotta give it a rest.

-Ganja Sabre-

We really don't understand why you continue to bring this up, especially after Jagex confirmed us to be the oldest clan in our official interview: http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=80

That is by far the worst argument in your post.

The clan history is a much better argument though, and I really have no place to say who is/isn't right.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Didn't RSD close and was remade? I'm not sure they were around continuously since 2001.

Cor is pretty old (I want to say during Classic?), but I don't have an exact year. EoS has been open since November 2004 I believe, so a fairly long time, but still on the new side compared to those clans.

Jun 2003 for CoR.

Hey Rob, long time no see.

And I see a few other familiar faces... did I read correctly and see the Unbreakables leader post?

I don't remember your name I'm afraid, but I remember the war I fought you in.

What a legendary clan.

I'm looking at this topic and seeing a lot of the big names in RS history weigh in.

I want to add my opinion to the mix.

1. You can't rob the Sabres of their place as the oldest clan just because they went community for a while. Who cares if they weren't always at the top of the ranking. That is not the only measure of success. They have some of the happiest members I've ever seen. I'd know, I'm allied to them.

2. Why does it matter if RSD or WG closed for a short amount of time? When they reopened they had pretty much the same members and flair. They took a break, but they didn't end their tradition. If they had new policies, members, and history, fair enough, but they picked up where they left off. And in WG's case, the closure was only a day.

3. At the end of the day, it comes down to testosterone. Men want to think they are the biggest and best, and part of that comes from bragging rights related to age. "I was clanning before you could multiply". Respect to you for being part of the clan world for a long time, but live in the present. Time served is not the most accurate way to tell what sort of clanner you are.

4. On a related note, I congratulate anyone that is around since 2006. To have endured what I think is a downward slide for PVP clans is a testament to your endurance, and that should not be taken lightly. We went through rough times, even the top clans. You survived mass leavings and chaos. Well done to you good sirs.

wildsig3.gif

Click the image above to be taken to the Wilderness Guardians forums.

And I see a few other familiar faces... did I read correctly and see the Unbreakables leader post?

I don't remember your name I'm afraid, but I remember the war I fought you in.

What a legendary clan.

Yup, you read correctly. I was co-leader at the time, but Neo Kirby, the founder, is no longer around.. I'm sure his name rings a bell. And I definitely remember you and the TU vs. WG war. Good times.

And did you see Mod Mat K's shout out to you in the Clan Submissions blog? Nice! B)

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

I don't know the old clans very well, Cuz I only joined the clan world almost 2 years ago.

But, since then, Some clans that I noticed that had a good reputation were

The Death Monkeighs

The Moriquendi

And of course 'THE' clan.

And you guys said THE was made before RS. could you clarify? just cuz I'm curious.

Mikey,, both The Sabres and 'The' Clan were formed in a pre-Runescape Jagex game called Cyber wars wiki info here a very basic game with the ability to 'chat' . When Runescape was released in 2001, both clans moved across to the new game, which is why BK can claim to be the oldest RS clan as they were the first clan formed in the new game, just pipping Gladz I believe. Though both 'The' and the original Sabres are older.

Now for the confusing bit.. No one can deny that the original Sabres are Jagex's first clan. Cyberwars was released Apr 99, 'The' Clan opened 16 Dec 99 and The Sabres somewhere in between (Any Sabre know the actiual date? would be nice to find out.)

Several times in the last year you have made a claim that THE is the oldest... you have been proven wrong every time.

-Ganja Sabre-

No, 'The' claims to be Jagex's oldest Active Clan. Active through every day of our history. More ups and downs than a yo-yo, more drama than Coronation street but still active :D

o5BzIWC6_o.gif

who cares

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

who cares

THE

Honestly it's kind of puzzling as to why THE is so obsessed.

We honestly aren't, and it's never been made into something bigger than the refutes that constantly come from Sabres.

It's common practice for us to say 'one of' the oldest now - we never deny the fact that THE isn't the absolute oldest.

Devalice :

Oi. Soad's a sexy man-beast. I'd destroy that. Violently. Thrice.

Proud Guardian Knight of 'THE' Clan

http://www.forums.theclanrs.com

thanksgamead.png

http://www.forums.theclanrs.com

That is a reasonable statement... Yet some of your clan mates have persisted in debating the subject. On repeat occasions saying we have closed at some point and that we are inactive. In particular your recruitment topics imply that TS is inactive by advertising THE as "The oldest active clan". This is offensive and we request that you please alter it to "One of the oldest clans" or something similar as it was previously titled a few months ago.

We would love to give this a rest, despite our decade of rivalry, we hope to reach a point of mutual respect.