28-April-10 Buyers and Cellars (and Thieves� Guild)

Toad

If you haven't noticed already, the experience points you get from blackjacking in the guild appears to be based on level, not just the activity itself. This is very similar to how woodcutting used to work on RuneScape Classic before there were different kinds of trees. Gonna double check this since I have one friend gaining over 170xp per cosh, while I was getting only 167.5xp at a lower level thieving than him.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed that there's not much to do in it. Maybe if they added more capers, like someone suggested, then it'd be worthwhile to go there and I doubt I'd go there weekly just for 5-7k exp. Least the capers were entertaining though.

Browsing the faq for this week:

"Do you have any plans to extend the Thieving Guild?"

The Guild area we have is somewhat larger than originally planned. This caused a number of ideas to form and a number of (currently nebulous) future plans to be made. Watch this space, and meanwhile enjoy looking at the spiffy Guild treasury through the securely-locked door.

"Why doesnt anybody in the Thieving Guild have a skillcape? Are they not very good thieves?!"

Darrens a two-bit conman, Robins a flunky and the staff are all minions. Sadly, we fear that none of them have what it takes to wear such a prestigious thing as a skillcape.

Perhaps when we update the Rogues Den well extend an invitation to Martin Thwait to come and take up residence in the Guild.

"Will you be improving any of the existing Guilds?"

Yes. Only last week we were looking at the Warriors Guild and thinking about expansions to the content there. Many of the guilds also require some serious graphical reworks, not least the Ranging Guild.

Browsing the faq for this week:

"Do you have any plans to extend the Thieving Guild?"

The Guild area we have is somewhat larger than originally planned. This caused a number of ideas to form and a number of (currently nebulous) future plans to be made. Watch this space, and meanwhile enjoy looking at the spiffy Guild treasury through the securely-locked door.

"Why doesnt anybody in the Thieving Guild have a skillcape? Are they not very good thieves?!"

Darrens a two-bit conman, Robins a flunky and the staff are all minions. Sadly, we fear that none of them have what it takes to wear such a prestigious thing as a skillcape.

Perhaps when we update the Rogues Den well extend an invitation to Martin Thwait to come and take up residence in the Guild.

"Will you be improving any of the existing Guilds?"

Yes. Only last week we were looking at the Warriors Guild and thinking about expansions to the content there. Many of the guilds also require some serious graphical reworks, not least the Ranging Guild.

Good. It's about time that the guilds were updated to include more than just a relatively useless item you can't buy anywhere else + maybe one activity.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Glad to hear they are looking into other guilds for reworks.

I loved training Thieving and always will. I've not had a chance to try out this blackjacking method yet, but I'll see what I can manage. Tbh, was expecting a little more than just this based off the Twitter hint, but I guess this will do for now.

Blackjacking at thieves guild might actually go over 300k xp/hour, might test this after i go to my dad so i can use my better mouse and computer.

With wrists of steel maybe. :mrgreen:

Anyways, I still think it's going to be nerfed. You can loot a downed coshing volunteer five or six times if your quick giving about 825exp each time.

<snip>

As for now it's great exp though.

Have they nerfed this now? I've been trying it out and I've only been able to get 2-3 pickpockets with each knockout. :? The "You have reached the maximum number of hanky points allowed at your level" message appears after each looting which slows down experience a lot. Plus the whole luring each time makes it really annoying. :/

I'm looking forward to the other guilds being updated though, some of them are almost completely useless right now.

I think my post got bypassed... >.<'

The 300k/hr is not for everyone! The experience is dependent on your level. I'm averaging around to 2-3 pickpockets too. :P At the current XP rate I'm getting, which is around 170/per loot (More like 169.9 or something like that... Can't remember what I calculated on Friday), I should be getting an average of about 200k per hour assuming I don't daydream and I don't fail to knock out the cosh trainers too often.

Since I have 99 Thieving and I may go and get 100 Mill exp at some point, how much exp would I get an hour? Since the experience gained is dependent on your level.

In order to calculate the experience you get, cosh the trainers 10 times, recording the XP you get per cosh. Do not attempt to more than two loot attempts or you may lose track of the xp. Once you've done that, divide the total by ten and that is your xp per loot, I think. I'll try to get the exact numbers in terms of increment of experience between levels.

Mind you there are decimal places in the experience gained...