28-April-10 Buyers and Cellars (and Thieves� Guild)

Toad

Why get so fussed about an item that we don't have any idea about yet and which will probably be purely cosmetical? I really don't see why anyone would care about it and it only seems that the sole thing making it attractive is that you cannot obtain it (unless you pay 75 pounds for it; ie forbidden fruit-wise). How often do you wear the other purely cosmetical rewards? Not saying it's definitely going to be one but knowing Jagex and their policy about holiday items (using this as a comparison as they don't want other players to gain an unfair advantage) this will follow suite. As said earlier, I'd rather be fussed about missing insider sessions, etc.

Now, paying 75 pounds for the ticket is another issue. I can't see any means to justify it's price tag and I am quite sceptical as to how many people will actually attend the event. I have no clue about the event organizing costs in London but it surely seems that they are asking too much per head. It would seem that not many are willing to pay that but I suppose we will see soon...

M_A_R_T.png

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a toy does absolutely nothing for your character so those who go arent going to be any better off than you, when it comes to gaining levels, pking or any of the other activities in RS.

So then I guess its all fine if jagex give out all past holiday event items every year.

They dont do anything when it comes to gaining levels, pking or any other activities in RS, after all.

* Summoning in Dungeoneering no longer requires pouches or shards!

:wall: so THATS why i couldn't find them earlier! was looking all over the shop for them...

as far as todays update, good to see them finally release a "proper" guild. theres been things that have been guild-like, (kuradal, blast furnace) but aren't actually guilds.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

What about the people that don't want to go? I really like playing Runescape and all, but I would NEVER go to any "real life event". Runescape is a game, those players are some people somewhere around the world and I don't want to meet them. I feel too much of a nerd then :D.

For [bleep] sake

Stuck in a large dungeon because Jagex [bleep]ed up the room where you have to catch the ferret. Why don't they ever test their goddamn updates.

If you try to catch it barehanded it glitches up your entire dungeon, if you use traps it works fine.

What they tried to fix was that you could open the door when the furret went in one of the holes in the ground - it obviously went badly wrong. :P

imagangster.png

a toy does absolutely nothing for your character so those who go arent going to be any better off than you, when it comes to gaining levels, pking or any of the other activities in RS.

So then I guess its all fine if jagex give out all past holiday event items every year.

They dont do anything when it comes to gaining levels, pking or any other activities in RS, after all.

Im not sure if i understand what exactly your point is. I never mentioned that cosmetic "useless" items should be given out for free to everyone, just because they dont enhance any of the more competitive parts of the game. If all "special" items were given out to every single player if they just asked an NPC for them, they wouldnt be special anymore, which defeats the purpose of having such items in the first place.

I like the new quest(s), but personally I think they should've just been a series of mini-quests to unlock the full guild instead of an actual quest, but that's just splitting hairs.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

For [bleep] sake

Stuck in a large dungeon because Jagex [bleep]ed up the room where you have to catch the ferret. Why don't they ever test their goddamn updates.

If you try to catch it barehanded it glitches up your entire dungeon, if you use traps it works fine.

What they tried to fix was that you could open the door when the furret went in one of the holes in the ground - it obviously went badly wrong. :P

Wait, what? What kind of traps are we talking about? Hunting traps didn't work at all. unless you're supposed to have money to buy better wood than tier 1 in the first room entered, or if you aren't supposed to put the traps on the holes( which is a pretty obvious way of trapping it, but.. it didn't work).

Frankly, the best bit of new to ME is the Summoning combat levels change in the creature spawn. Since my Summoning is very high for my level (86 summoning at 116 combat), I was getting badly beaten sometimes soloing by very hard monsters. Now, it'll go on my F2P combat - 105 - which is going to simplify things greatly.

Im not sure if i understand what exactly your point is. I never mentioned that cosmetic "useless" items should be given out for free to everyone, just because they dont enhance any of the more competitive parts of the game. If all "special" items were given out to every single player if they just asked an NPC for them, they wouldnt be special anymore, which defeats the purpose of having such items in the first place.

Yeah, im just going to shut up about all this. Nothing has been confirmed anyway so this whole thing isnt going anywhere.

"Useless" items arent useless for everyone. Thats kind of my point here.

Some people like collecting everything, and the whole flying to england and purchasing a ticket to get one item ruins this for those people, since not all of those people have hundreds of dollars to burn.

Doesnt matter if its an item like fireworks or some random hat.

Il compare it to the 2006 christmas event where free players lost out on the wintumber tree, but here, the free players are those who dont go to runefest for the item.

Again, nothing has been confirmed so il stop since this isnt going anywhere.

Well I guess they noticed that I was getting a free 1-3k summoning xp every dungeon on charms.

Dam this patch fix.

I could care less about using them, I just wanted the free freaking levels for the worthless skill.

Almost 200k free and then I'm cut off.

Dam you Jagex! :evil:

Do you still get exp for summ in the dungeon?

Staurolite.png

I think it's cool that they're giving out an item for people attending RuneFest, even though I have no possibility of going. Its not like it degrades my gameplay. I really hope they have some sort of live stream of the event though.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Oh no there was a bug let's not report the bug but be butthurt and claim that Jagex never tests their updates oh no give me sympathy.

Well you can post silly comments about it, but it's simply pathetic than an update to fix a bug creates another one, rendering the hole room useless, breaking the whole skill. If they had actually tested it, they would have noticed that the room doesn't work. They obviously have not tested this.

I don't usually rant at Jagex, but this is [developmentally delayed]ed.

I think it's cool that they're giving out an item for people attending RuneFest, even though I have no possibility of going. Its not like it degrades my gameplay. I really hope they have some sort of live stream of the event though.

A live stream would be nice! That would be the only way I would get to see any part of it.

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

The Flying J should spend some money on a real world, limited edition souvenir - like a fancy tankard / stein or perhaps some clothing items. Or maybe a CD version of the game soundtrack.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

A live stream would be nice! That would be the only way I would get to see any part of it.

If there is wifi at RuneFest and I bring my lappy, I can use stickam and yeah...

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

How do u chop the onion? Tried using an onion with a knife and using it in water to, nothing....

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Oh wow- you guys are arguing the dumbest point. The people going to Runefest will be those players that want to go to have insider information, for the most part. I reckon that a small percentage of the people will be going just to get their item code.. and that would be the people that are arguing "oh it's not fair!" Runefest = insider information, with an in-game item to show that you attended. Runefest != a rare, one-chance "I'm richer IRL than you" item. IT'S A GIFT, from Jagex to you to say "thanks for attending, we appreciate it". If you're going to get pissy over an item that hasn't even been announced, maybe you need to check your priorities.

So, what was the "leaked update schedule" that was mentioned in this thread earlier?

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

How do u chop the onion? Tried using an onion with a knife and using it in water to, nothing....

Im wondering where the guild registry is.

East Ardougne by the Poison Arrow Pub.

Oh wow- you guys are arguing the dumbest point. The people going to Runefest will be those players that want to go to have insider information, for the most part. I reckon that a small percentage of the people will be going just to get their item code.. and that would be the people that are arguing "oh it's not fair!" Runefest = insider information, with an in-game item to show that you attended. Runefest != a rare, one-chance "I'm richer IRL than you" item. IT'S A GIFT, from Jagex to you to say "thanks for attending, we appreciate it". If you're going to get pissy over an item that hasn't even been announced, maybe you need to check your priorities.

So, what was the "leaked update schedule" that was mentioned in this thread earlier?

There hasnt been any jagex confirmation on there being any in-game items for runefest attenders anyway.

*Summoning in Dungeoneering no longer requires pouches or shards!

* Added herb seeds to the Dungeoneering smugglers shop, so that you can buy them to grow herbs for potions.

Great, much needed updates. it was always a hassle to use pouches and shards.

and with herb seeds i will always be able to make stuff.

they still didn't make dungeoneering available as an objective for f2p >.>