28-April-10 Buyers and Cellars (and Thieves� Guild)

Toad

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am stuck on the 4th part. I (and a few people here) got the stench vial (e).. but no way to get into the office. Constantly there is someone watching. Any ideas?

Idk, I just had the vial in my inventory and walked right in. If you already raided the safe though you have to bank the vial then go inside, if that's your problem.

2czeqeh.jpg

I am stuck on the 4th part. I (and a few people here) got the stench vial (e).. but no way to get into the office. Constantly there is someone watching. Any ideas?

[hide]Go in the office and pickpocket the lady. Then wind the clock so she is distracted, then distract and blackjack the guard and pickpocet him. You will get the key for the lever. Unlock the lever and pull it and the trapdoor will be open. [/hide]

britonlongbo.png

This is not a pure money issue. I bet even if the cost of the entire trip cost only one buck there will still be people not going. I really do not understand your reasoning to be honest. I mean you cannot get a holiday item because of real life situation. Now you cannot get whatever it is because you cannot attend an event. In general you are lucked out.

So I dont get an exclusive one time item because im not willing to pay 200+ dollars for a flight to england?

Im all ok with micropayments, but not if they cost 200 dollars.

Away from that, I feel bad for the dwarf I stole the ruby dragon from. Hes broke and selling his tools for money. :(

This is not a pure money issue. I bet even if the cost of the entire trip cost only one buck there will still be people not going. I really do not understand your reasoning to be honest. I mean you cannot get a holiday item because of real life situation. Now you cannot get whatever it is because you cannot attend an event. In general you are lucked out.

So I dont get an exclusive one time item because im not willing to pay 200+ dollars for a flight to england?

Away from that, I feel bad for the dwarf I stole the ruby dragon from. Hes broke and selling his tools for money. :(

Sure, and you are missing out on that scythe because you have never heard of the game until a few years later. At least you have control over your situation now.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

For [bleep] sake

Stuck in a large dungeon because Jagex [bleep]ed up the room where you have to catch the ferret. Why don't they ever test their goddamn updates.

Oh no there was a bug let's not report the bug but be butthurt and claim that Jagex never tests their updates oh no give me sympathy.

OT: Can't wait to try out this new quest. First thing I thought of was Oblivion.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah I feel a little guilty for robbing that Dwarf blind. The point of the guild is to take from the obscenely reach right? Well, I didn't just take some of him money, but ALL of it!

That said, he shouldn't be putting all his money into one resource. =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Finish everything up. Not a bad thieving update. Don't know if I would use this that much, but I had fun today. (Even though I couldn't count to 32 properly... :P)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

[hide]Go in the office and pickpocket the lady. Then wind the clock so she is distracted, then distract and blackjack the guard and pickpocet him. You will get the key for the lever. Unlock the lever and pull it and the trapdoor will be open. [/hide]

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out I was at the wrong place. The puzzle in there I fixed by myself. I was really enthousiastic about this update. It looked great. Puzzles were to easy for my part once I knew where they were. Disappointing the guild has little .. to do. 5.4k reward for 72 hankerchiefs. (equel to my level).. wow.. 5.4k at level 72!

Anyway, a nice little update which has much much muchhh room to expand to. Hope we will be seeing this guild in some more quests. As for today, I had fun :) Finally a good use for those gloves of silence and my Ardougne Cape 3!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Sure, and you are missing out on that scythe because you have never heard of the game until a few years later. At least you have control over your situation now.

I wouldnt have gotten it either way since my nintendo 64 would have appealed to me more then RS Classic did back then.

I still think over 200 dollars is way too much for an item. Its like saying Jagex are giving out scythe's at a convention in Australia and an entry ticket of 100 dollars is required together with money to stay in Australia that night and a 2 way plane trip.

If you go back to the dwarf craftsmen you can steal his monocle so you can wear it yourself. :twisted:

monoclepicture.jpg

TRY COMBINE IT WITH A TOP HAT, OMFG I HAVE WANT THAT EVER SINCE TOP HAT CAME OUT.

I just tried. :/ nothing interesting happened. lets hope it becomes a possibility in a later update that would be awesome.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

The part that I argued against, were micropayments. If everyone that was at the event got a little (purely cosmetic) item, then I would have no problem with that, that would be about the same as a holiday event, and gain you no advantage over others :)

Scherzo.png

The part that I argued against, were micropayments. If everyone that was at the event got a little (purely cosmetic) item, then I would have no problem with that, that would be about the same as a holiday event, and gain you no advantage over others :)

I think if there is any indication, the redeemer is the guy who gives out holiday items. So yes I am 100% sure it is going to be just for laughs and giggles.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I think if there is any indication, the redeemer is the guy who gives out holiday items. So yes I am 100% sure it is going to be just for laughs and giggles.

imagine buyable but untradable phats though, rwt in reverse! (lol let the rage commence >: ) )

Lord_Beloved.png

[hide]

Final reward

[hide]100428180528.png[/hide]

Also @ above, seriously hope they dont add that pay for items crap from war of legends -.-

I agree, if they do micro payments I'm OUT. Even for "stupid items" persay. Every player needs to have the same opportunity to get all items within the game. I have a feeling that players that go to this "Runefest" are going to get promotional codes to get a "special" item to commemorate them going to the event. Usually thats how MMORPG's do this thing. I would hope Jagex doesn't follow the mold and just copy this though.

Holiday items? Not every player have the same opportunity mate.

Sure they did. All they had to do was log on, "Mate".

What about players who was for example sick during the event or created their account after that holiday?

You still can't compare that with paying real life money to get an item you want. It is unfair over people that don't have the same chances as you have, because of your real life economical situation. This is different than not being able to log on during a given time, that could happen to anyone, no matter what their income is.

Something that I like with runescape, is that it isn't your real life that decides how good you are here. Although you still can be disadvantaged because of less free time, or other things what really matters is that your rs character is purely what you've made it to be, and where everyone have started out equal. Now, if we bring in irl money in this, then you have another factor than playing rs that effects what you can do and what you cannot do in this game. And I don' t like it - at all!

[/hide]

Unfair much? In ALL past events anyone who was logged into the game for the week was able to do the miniquest or minigame to obtain the items. ANYONE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

Now this redeem code being for Runefest-only go-ers is udder bullcrap. Its area-specific to mainly people in the Britain Isles and completly negates the rest of us elsewhere in the world. Total crap.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Unfair much? In ALL past events anyone who was logged into the game for the week was able to do the miniquest or minigame to obtain the items. ANYONE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

Now this redeem code being for Runefest-only go-ers is udder bullcrap. Its area-specific to mainly people in the Britain Isles and completly negates the rest of us elsewhere in the world. Total crap.

I am curious about this, you think it is unfair that players who went to this event will get a purely cosmetic item. Yet you do not think about the other things such as insider sessions, fun in London, playing around with the game engine, exclusive testing in Jagex. I mean out of all the things you get for going to the fest, I would imagine the little item would be least enjoyable.

11-1.jpg[

Are you really that ignorant? There are many places in the world from which you can't log in from.

The idea is still the same. Those who can go can go and have a good time. Those who can't due to extraneous circumstances are SOL, but it's not a big deal.

Are you really that ignorant? There are many places in the world from which you can't log in from.

The idea is still the same. Those who can go can go and have a good time. Those who can't due to extraneous circumstances are SOL, but it's not a big deal.

You'll have to excuse me. Attempting to write a response where your friend keeps hitting the "esc" button and deleted what I'v wrote multiple times has been frustrating,

What I ment to say, is that if you can log onto Runescape, that during a holiday event you'll be able to get a holiday item.

That isnt the case here. This is you have to be anywhere remotly close the the British Isles to be able to go to this, unless your 100% hardcore and are willing to fly from places like Australia to go to Runefest. I know most of the American kids who play wont want to waste $300 on a cheesy hat that Jagex will think up last minute.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Why is it unfair at all? Jagex has stated from the very beginning of RS, that they will never let players buy anything thatll give them an advantage ingame and as others have already said, nothing is indicating that the item given out is anything but a purely cosmetic toy that you can show off. I dont see how anyone can have a problem with that, a toy does absolutely nothing for your character so those who go arent going to be any better off than you, when it comes to gaining levels, pking or any of the other activities in RS.

You'll have to excuse me. Attempting to write a response where your friend keeps hitting the "esc" button and deleted what I'v wrote multiple times has been frustrating,

What I ment to say, is that if you can log onto Runescape, that during a holiday event you'll be able to get a holiday item.

That isnt the case here. This is you have to be anywhere remotly close the the British Isles to be able to go to this, unless your 100% hardcore and are willing to fly from places like Australia to go to Runefest. I know most of the American kids who play wont want to waste $300 on a cheesy hat that Jagex will think up last minute.

So..are you saying Jagex should somehow host multiple Runefests around the world so everyone could attend? Not really possible mate.

11-1.jpg[