28-April-10 Buyers and Cellars (and Thieves� Guild)

Toad

Well, now I'm pretty sad. First time I have to miss out on a cosmetic but nevertheless seasonal item because I don't attend a real-life event. :wall:

Think about it....

Just how many players in game will actually have the item after the event?

It will be a rarity to see one

That's the thing. It would be a status symbol. It's going to be rare, and the ones who have it are the ones who can afford it.

.....Unless there's going to be an in-game runefest with that item available to everyone, considering that the real life event itself places age restriction on players. :mellow:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get the code for the item just by buying the ticket, I would honestly consider buying the ticket just for the item.

So if that's the case, and anyone wants to go but doesn't care about the item, I'll sell you my ticket for half price.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It will be a rarity to see one

That's the thing. It would be a status symbol. It's going to be rare, and the ones who have it are the ones who can afford it.

If you get the code for the item just by buying the ticket,

Please show me where a JMOD has said there is a cosmetic item for use in-game gotten at runefest.

This whole RuneFest fiasco is just Jagex' way of secretly turning this game into a Micro-Transaction game.

First it starts of with people needing to go to a real life event, which costs money, to receive an item. Then it will lead to buying a ticket in a drawing in order to win an item. Next thing you know, Jagex will have their whole website flashing ads of girls with giant knockers, yelling "[bleep] on little boys, you know you want some of this" as she's bending over covering herself with nothing else on, and as soon as you click the image it flips over to a page with other girls, and in between their legs are the items Jagex has for sell.

Trust me. Jagex knows how to screw things up, so don't let this fool you. Micro-Transactions are on their way.

Stellactic.gif

I don't see any relevance to this thread in any of the last 5-10 posts.. You guys are killing my enjoyable reading experience and for that I thank you. :thumbsup: .. No not really.. you suck get on topic..

Anyways? I was wondering does the new guild have any cool items to offer?

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

Well, now I'm pretty sad. First time I have to miss out on a cosmetic but nevertheless seasonal item because I don't attend a real-life event. :wall:

Where the [bleep] did that come from? had nothing to do with the rest of the discussion gtfo...

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

Please show me where a JMOD has said there is a cosmetic item for use in-game gotten at runefest.

It's from the established limited edition cosmetic item NPC...

And... to risk feeding the trolls, It's what blizzard does every time it has a table at an event, and we all know how the trolls say Runescape is copying WoW.

Where the [bleep] did that come from? had nothing to do with the rest of the discussion gtfo...

That's because a post before mine was deleted by a tip.it mod. Someone posted a cache image of a banner with 'Runefest 2010' on it, along with the items like the monocle and and ruby dragon from the the thieving update.

And this is one of the rare occasions where I see someone posting a 'gtfo' on tip.it forums. 1) This is not RSOF. 2) You're not cool. <_<

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Please don't double post, there is an edit button.

Also, with this update came a "redeem code" feature at diango, for an item most likely related to runefest. Also,l someone found in the cache the new item, a ppretty darn awesome banner.

So yeah, it was on topic because it arrived with yesterday's update.

Also, I might not be the best person to say you this, but try to mind your manners, telling other people to gtfo will net you no reputation.

Edit: Dang it ravian, you beat me to the punch :P

Chillax guys. :unsure:

It's a cosmetic item that doesn't do anything except look pretty.

It's just a little reward for people who go to Runefest.

As of yet, it doesn't even officially exist.

So people, can we stick to the *actual* update and not just speculating the end of Runescape because of some silly little non-entity? Thanks.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Going back on the 'main' topic, it's four more days to my last exam before I consider signing up for membership again. Right now, I'm most curious of what this location is, is it the ACTUAL thieving guild? I've always thought that Rogues' Den was the default guild for thieves, with the skillcape seller and all. Besides the mini tasks and a pretty fast training method someone mentioned earlier, what else is there?

Rogues' Den has a pretty large thieving/agility maze that gives a unique comestic outfit for thieves (the place can do with a bit of update), and out of the blues Jagex added a 'thieving guild'. :blink:

Zepheras.png

-F1775

First it starts of with people needing to go to a real life event, which costs money, to receive an item.

Thus giving an unfair advantage to people who can't attend the event.

This whole RuneFest fiasco is just Jagex' way of secretly turning this game into a Micro-Transaction game.

Trust me. Jagex knows how to screw things up, so don't let this fool you. Micro-Transactions are on their way.

I sincerely hope this is not the case. If you are correct, I'm out.

Since when is a banner much of an unfair advantage? :rolleyes:

See it like this, members pay and are rewarded, attendies of RuneFest pay and are rewarded. Simple. Besides it is not like they get access to a new area, a useful new item, or anything serious. It is a banner.

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

Since when is a banner much of an unfair advantage? :rolleyes:

See it like this, members pay and are rewarded, attendies of RuneFest pay and are rewarded. Simple. Besides it is not like they get access to a new area, a useful new item, or anything serious. It is a banner.

Its the wintumber tree all over again, and we all know how well that was recieved by free players who got membership after the event.

Im in denial untill this is announced though. :P

Why in the hell are people talking about Rune fest in this thread? There is another thread for that discussion. 24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Please use that instead of spamming this topic up.

Now, onto the topic itself:

I am not currently a member so I can;t really give my opinion on the thieving update.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I am pretty disappointed by the thieves guild to be honest.

I ran a suggestion for a guild a few years back, which was a large expansion of rouges den, had a heck of allot of supporters, and very little negative feedback.

I feel this one however is very flat and boring, it's pretty slow xp in comparison to allot of other methods.... with very limited xp per week. Most guilds are abandoned, and this one seems to just be working as a thieving D&D.

The shop stocks virtually nothing, and generally there is very little reason for anybody to ever use it.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I haven't done them in a while, but the advanced pickpocketing is nice for Master Farmers. Unless it was changed previously, potato seeds are actually fairly rare from them (get them maybe every 10-15 minutes). The same applies to a number of other lower level seeds as well.

Riqualyn.png

Blackjacking at thieves guild might actually go over 300k xp/hour, might test this after i go to my dad so i can use my better mouse and computer.

With wrists of steel maybe. :mrgreen:

Anyways, I still think it's going to be nerfed. You can loot a downed coshing volunteer five or six times if your quick giving about 825exp each time.

10042970thieving.png

As for now it's great exp though.

2czeqeh.jpg

it's pretty slow xp in comparison to allot of other methods....

What? Where else can you get ~300k thieving xp per hour? But you'll be right if they nerf it, PP will be much better, because even if they turn out to be equal, PP won't kill your wrists. Other than that, it is pretty bland, but really no guilds are great training places anymore, if they even ever were.

Lagatag.png

Doesn't seem like a very good update. That doesn't mean that I didn't like it, but it's hardly enough there to keep me occupied. Not sure how everyone is looting downed NPCs. By the time I loot them once, they like get up instantly. My guess is they changed it, but it could also be because I'm slow. *shrugs*

Max points I can get is 72 and it gets me just over 5k xp. I'm guessing looting the NPCs gives additional xp, but even then I just don't see myself bothering with it. It could be something to do once a week like ToG, but that's about it for me.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Doesn't seem like a very good update. That doesn't mean that I didn't like it, but it's hardly enough there to keep me occupied. Not sure how everyone is looting downed NPCs. By the time I loot them once, they like get up instantly. My guess is they changed it, but it could also be because I'm slow. *shrugs*

Max points I can get is 72 and it gets me just over 5k xp. I'm guessing looting the NPCs gives additional xp, but even then I just don't see myself bothering with it. It could be something to do once a week like ToG, but that's about it for me.

Yeah, I just went back there and there appears to be a delay now... <_< I can still loot like three times, but why bother when I can just repeatedly knock out Menaphite thugs and loot them twice without having to lure them every time?

Officially no reason to go back to that place now. Gg Jagex :thumbup:

Honestly when I saw theives guild, I was really hoping there would be some kind of randomized capers you could pull for money and rewards, sort of like a minigame / activity of sorts, instead we get a few one off capers that give mediocre rewards and only serve to upgrade the guild, which now that they've nerfed blackjacking, is worthless.

Yeah, I just went back there and there appears to be a delay now... <_< I can still loot like three times, but why bother when I can just repeatedly knock out Menaphite thugs and loot them twice without having to lure them every time?

Officially no reason to go back to that place now. Gg Jagex :thumbup:

Honestly when I saw theives guild, I was really hoping there would be some kind of randomized capers you could pull for money and rewards, sort of like a minigame / activity of sorts, instead we get a few one off capers that give mediocre rewards and only serve to upgrade the guild, which now that they've nerfed blackjacking, is worthless.

Pyramid Plunder and blackjacking are so overpowered in XP that any thieving related update after these seems to have little impact on the way people train. Or if you want loot, master farmers are one of the best as well. The changes like triple look off dwaves and this 'guild' are just too insignificant in comparison.

Zepheras.png

-F1775