The Legend of Zelda Thread

Tacos

I checked the index and it said that it hadn't been made. So IF IT IS NOT WRITTEN, LET IT BE DONE.

Feel free to discuss any zelda game, from the original to unnamed and unreleased Zelda Wii 2010.

So if this has been made and i didn't see it, lock it please :)

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently completed Ocarina of time and Majora's mask. Had completed ocarina before, but was the first time playing Mask. Was odd, but very fun. Very different to ocarina. The music when wandering the field was just so much more nostalgic though.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I just got an emulator for Ocarina of time, and I'm going to play it through... first time was forever ago at a friend.

Does anyone not love the music?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I really enjoyed Majora's Mask. Something in that game just made me feel for the people of Termina; I guess it was the three-day system. I've only played alttp, oot, mm, and tp. I do want to try out Wind Waker eventually.

Ocarina of time is still the best game of all time.. of all time!!!

I once beat all the little link levels in like 3-4 hours.. i was soo proud - this was like 6 or so years ago btw

Fanboy...

me being majorly SNES biased I say LoZ: LTTP was the best zelda game. I remember trying to beat that as a child, it never happened. Since then i've gone back, played and beat it though. Some of those fights were really challenging. And Oracle of seasons/oracle of ages was always great. Liked seasons much better than ages.

I have played two zelda games outside of the N64, but i was young and cannot remember the titles of them. One link woke up on a beach and near the beginnning you had to throw dust into a raccoon's eyes. The other I remember had a part which changed the whole map around.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Majora's Mask drove me insane at times. if you missed one detail you had to start ALL OVER AGAIN FROM DAY 1. Other then that, I own MM and OOT on cartridge still and they're awesome.

Popoto.~<3

Majora's Mask drove me insane at times. if you missed one detail you had to start ALL OVER AGAIN FROM DAY 1. Other then that, I own MM and OOT on cartridge still and they're awesome.

Yeah i got that sometimes on majora's mask. I remember doing the goron/snow temple, completing it, doing everything else then forgetting one detail and having to re-do the whole thing again the next cycle. And that wasn't a fun temple.

zqXeV.jpg

I have played two zelda games outside of the N64, but i was young and cannot remember the titles of them. One link woke up on a beach and near the beginnning you had to throw dust into a raccoon's eyes. The other I remember had a part which changed the whole map around.

Links Awakening I believe. Was pretty good to be honest.

I recently played through Minish Cap again, and I have but a single comment on it.

[bleep] Kinstones.

2Xeo5.png

Ocarina of time is still the best game of all time.. of all time!!!

I once beat all the little link levels in like 3-4 hours.. i was soo proud - this was like 6 or so years ago btw

Fanboy...

me being majorly SNES biased I say LoZ: LTTP was the best zelda game. I remember trying to beat that as a child, it never happened. Since then i've gone back, played and beat it though. Some of those fights were really challenging. And Oracle of seasons/oracle of ages was always great. Liked seasons much better than ages.

Being nostalgia free from any game but pokemon, i say Twilight Princess is the best Zelda so far. And yes, i've played every Zelda game but Zelda 2, the CD-i's (but lets just forget'em k?), oracle of ages, awakening and four swords adventures.

I consider ALttP the second best and ocarina the 3rd, i frigging hatted the water temple.

Also, who's waiting for Nintendo's press conference this E3? Zelda is pretty much guaranteed to be debued there.

also...

the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019_640w.jpg

Am i the only one to think this image is awesome?

the-legend-of-zelda-wii-2-20090605000034019_640w.jpg

Am i the only one to think this image is awesome?

If anyone needs me I'll be saving for a wii...

I was just finishing up a Majora's Mask playthrough. Finished Stone Tower Awesomemusic-Imean Temple a few days ago, with all 15 fairies, but reset before getting the Great Fairy Sword. Which is why it's been a few days :lol:

My personal favorite is Majora's Mask, by far. Such a brilliant game. Anyone that's also a huge Majora's Mask fan should use zeldainformer.com for their Zelda info, even though all Zelda fansites tend to give the same information at the same time, Zelda Informer tends to be biased towards Majora's Mask most of the time :thumbsup:

I started to name the other Zelda games that tied for second, but then I realized it was all of them minus Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass. So I guess my opinion is Majora's Mask > Everything else > Minish Cap > Phantom Hourglass :P

Oh, and I've currently memorized 14 zelda songs on guitar and piano. The number's still growing, too :lol:

Currently trying to learn

and this on piano. I've nearly got the second one down, just need to clean up the left hand on those ridiculous arpeggios near the end of the song :P The first song, though... might take a couple months until I'm ready to learn all of it XD
wl7w9j.png

Zelda 2010 is a lie. We have no info on it yet, and it's already 5 months into the year. Expect it holiday 2011.

Not necessarily true, Zelda wii2 has been in development for 5 years now and if they announce it t the E3 it might come holiday 2010 or beggining 2011. Remember New mario bros wii? Announced in E3 released november.

I had read somewhere that they are positively releasing what it is like at E3 this year, then in january the huge Nintendo guy (shigura miyamoto or something) said that we were less than 365 days from Zelda Wii.

The one resource i was suspicious about was when i went to GameStop and their Wii release list said "The Legend of Zelda" November 1st.

I'm just hoping for 1:1 sword combat :D

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

I don't care whether it's a tribute or a rip-off. As long as it's fun, I'm happy :D

The one resource i was suspicious about was when i went to GameStop and their Wii release list said "The Legend of Zelda" November 1st.

That was only a placeholder. Gamestop tends to anticipate when games come out and put them in their system before they even know the release date. This was just a 'best guess' by someone in Gamestop, and probably won't actually be the release date. Plus November 1st tends to be a relatively common placeholder for holiday-season games in Gamestop anyways. But yeah, the fact that Gamestop thinks it is coming out this holiday is definitely comforting! :D

wl7w9j.png

I recently played through Minish Cap again, and I have but a single comment on it.

[bleep] Kinstones.

Just confirming that it is Link's Awakening.

I didn't get far into LoZ:TP (Wii) and I've stopped playing Link's Awakening for a bit (I'm on level 6 I think), trying to find the seashells for the level 2 sword is annoying.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[bleep] Kinstones.

Just confirming that it is Link's Awakening.

I didn't get far into LoZ:TP (Wii) and I've stopped playing Link's Awakening for a bit (I'm on level 6 I think), trying to find the seashells for the level 2 sword is annoying.

Yeah, that one is Link's Awakening, and the second one danq discribed sounds like aLttP

Edit: second page :lol:

Yeah it does sound like Link to the Past, because of the regular and dark world. Can't think of any other ones.

Only other ones I can think of would be oracle of seasons and oracle of ages, which had minor changed between seasons/times.

I really enjoyed Majora's Mask. Something in that game just made me feel for the people of Termina; I guess it was the three-day system. I've only played alttp, oot, mm, and tp. I do want to try out Wind Waker eventually.

Well Majora's mask had a much more somber feel and appealed more to your emotions rather than your sense of Justice.

I especially love the Music of Majora's Mask. Especially the Oath to Order.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I've played all the games in the series, except Majora's Mask and the two Oracles. Though I only played Wind Waker a little bit before my GC got stolen. My favorite (probably just for the nostalgia factor) is the original, which I bought and beat in '86. I think one of the best in the series that doesn't get much credit is Minish Cap...I really enjoyed the whole game. The two recent DS games (Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) have been very under-whelming for me. I can't really put my finger on why, but they just don't hold my interest. Maybe it's due to the fact that you travel the overworld by boat/train rather than wander around? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the series. I (jokingly) tried to convince my wife to use "Tri-force" as our son's middle name...LOL