Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ :thumbup:

BBC2 beats the carp out of it, I can't understand why no one on PS3 plays it anymore.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I really dont like CoD. I believe people's gaming skills should be used on more worthy material then lucky grenade launcher kills I see every time I play.

lol

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'm with a completely clogged up 360, BFBC2 works like a dream and looks a helluva lot better than COD, but the same can't be said for the snipers. They're all virtually the same thing with aesthetic differences, whereas on COD you can customise them.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yeah, but the thing is that snipers are BALANCED in BFBC2, whereas in Modern Warfare... <_<

That's my biggest problem with CoD, balance. Killstreaks ensure the winning team keeps the upper hand no matter what, true tactics are essentially nonexistant, and there's always one weapon set that snaps the others like twigs. It got much worse in Black Ops.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah, but the thing is that snipers are BALANCED in BFBC2, whereas in Modern Warfare... <_<

That's my biggest problem with CoD, balance. Killstreaks ensure the winning team keeps the upper hand no matter what, true tactics are essentially nonexistant, and there's always one weapon set that snaps the others like twigs. It got much worse in Black Ops.

Erm, no it didn't..

The 'overpowered' AK74u is not overpowered, just overused. I've won gunfights against the AK74u at close range with the G11. I didn't have a better connection, they just couldn't handle the recoil of the gun. It shoots fast and has decent damage but its low clip size and recoil keep it from being overpowered.

Remember when MW2 came out everyone complained that the Model 1887's were overpowered? Then IW nerfed them to hell. What happened then? ... People complained that the SPAS-12 was overpowered.

The only thing I think is unbalanced in the game is that snipers aren't good. They aren't very powerful, and there are very few maps where sniping is legitimately better than using an SMG or Assault Rifle.

wl7w9j.png

Submachine guns in general seem overpowered, especially with steady aim or grips. I'm mostly annoyed because I'm a long range combatant, not with snipers but with semi-auto and burst rifles, and the maps are just so... limited in regards to 'unconventional' strategies like that. CoD is a quick game, unrealistically so, and such small maps screwed both true and pseudo-snipers.

There were a few things I liked in MW2; burst rifles, akimbo weapons, pistols, shotguns, and knives. Black Ops pretty much took all that away. I can only excel in very close range or far enough away that the enemy is barely a dot.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Pah, I love the Spas, though I wasn't particularly good with it. Always seemed like the Rangers that had long range...

Though in BFBC2 the Spas CAN be used as a sniper, cross-map one hit kills. Silliest and most epic thing about that game.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Submachine guns overpowered in Black Ops? LMFAO. They're nowhere near overpowered. Assault rifles outclass them easily. You want to talk about some overpowered submachine guns, play World at War.

@rangeor Treyarch tweaked the AK74u. It was overpowered until the patch a few weeks ago.

And in regards to the SPAS, that thing deserved its range. You could fire off one shell before someone sprayed you down with their silenced UMP or red dot ACR.

It seems I've found my specialty. Light machine guns FTW! :thumbsup:

Normally I have a horrible Kill/Death ratio, but a Stoner got me 23/12 in Free-for-all.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

i found mine, rushing with a shotty gets me a much better k:d than with any other weapon. i dont know how tho :|

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Heh, back in MW2 I would get massive killstreaks with a knife and pistol. Enemies seem to target the far-off guy with the noob tube before the guy running right towards them with a knife. I got a kickass Final Kill-cam once, wish it had been recorded. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well they certainly weren't imbalanced, especially if you mean CoD4. Your sentence would make much more sense if you switched out 'Modern Warfare' for 'Black Ops'.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Eh, whoops, can't remember what I was thinking at that moment but I believe you are correct. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Overpowered guns? Then use it if you care. Else learn to play well, tactics, psychology, headshots, aim...

We counterforceonepointsix'ers play with 5 guns and 5 guns only. At top level game play the deciding factor is tactics.

And lolwut snipers "balanced" in bc2 how? Unless you're talking about non hardcore? in which case, nice HUD target tracking arrows... complete joke... Snipers should always be one hit to chest

I see you strongly favour the CoD series.

I understand the points you bring up, and I am capable of making use of them, just not when I die every five seconds. Obviously some people are better at CoD multiplayer, but it seems like they would have to be either lucky enough to have had a chance to practice without dieing five times a minute when they started the game, have extraordinarily good instincts, or have massive natural talent.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I see you strongly favour the CoD series.

I understand the points you bring up, and I am capable of making use of them, just not when I die every five seconds. Obviously some people are better at CoD multiplayer, but it seems like they would have to be either lucky enough to have had a chance to practice without dieing five times a minute when they started the game, have extraordinarily good instincts, or have massive natural talent.

The same could be said about any FPS. You get put into lobbies with people generally around your level on console and if you want an easier introduction Treyarch even put Combat Training there for you.

Pfft. I haven't noticed that, ever. I get put in games with everyone being prestiged and significantly higher level than me. There's been five or less games where my opponents are equal or lower level.

Slower shooters just make more sense to me, where a chokepoint is a specific point on the map... not the whole map. Modern Warfare seemed to have big enough maps for that, I did much better then than I do with Black Ops.

RIP Dawngate ;-;