Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For demolition, I prefer playing the objective and getting more xp overall and challenges rather than for kills and getting more xp per games.

As for me, I got 15th prestige today, with only 14 days played, I think I did pretty good.

My mate is 13th prestige, he has played 8,5 days :3

He's pro though, kill death ratio of 5, never camps, never does the objective, plays alot solo as well as with me and other irl friends.

I got 15th with like 17 days played only because I played a lot of zombies.

Plus maxed combat training and the fact that my dad likes doing single player vs bots a lot. <_<

Combat Training and Zombies doesn't count towards multiplayer time.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I think he means that he breaks from playing multiplayer more often than many players do. Or something.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Dual Scorpions are crap unless on a very few amounts of maps. Why do you use such crap guns?

Use these, in order of unlocking:

Enfield -> Famas -> ak74u -> Galil -> PM63 -> MPL -> AK47 -> Commando

Rapid Fire is suggested on weapons where it is available.

Suppressor on weapons where it is not available.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Hey, dual scorpions are amazing on a lot of maps! Grid, WMD, Nuketown, Firing Range, Summit, Stadium, Kowloon, Hotel, Zoo, Drive-In, and Stockpile. Just because you have significantly shorter range doesn't mean that the gun sucks. The SPAS-12, MP5k and Scorpions are my favorite guns in Black Ops, and I get dogs quite a bit with them. You just have to adjust your playstyle to keep yourself in CQC situations whenever possible; nearly all maps have CQC routes that keep you out of range of wimps camping with their FAMAS. You also have to know when to dropshot, jump shot, strafe, and even dolphin dive strategically. I mean these are useful with fully automatic assault rifles but their effect is magnified with the short-range weapons. Strafing is especially effective; half the population of black ops is too stupid to deal with a moving target, and if they are, that usually means they won't be able to also strafe in retaliation, therefore giving YOU a non-moving target and making the gunfight moved heavily in favor of you.

Winning this game is all about tactically playing so that you are never in a situation in which you are at a disadvantage and poised to lose a gunfight, not about using the best guns.

The point I was trying to make is that I never use the FAMAS (because I'm not a woman and have at least a little dignity), and it was kind of obnoxious that I managed to never die again that game and go on a 23 killstreak, just because all of a sudden I was using the FAMAS.

wl7w9j.png

I agree, strafing owns, dropshot is completely [bleep]ish [cabbage].

But a very good player with these weapons i specified, will easily outbeat a very good player using your guns in an average selection of firebattles.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Well, being 15th prestige, I will quit Black Ops as soon as I reach level 50. BO has been [cabbage] lately, and I can't seem to be able to find a lobby where it doesn't lag, and "Locale only" only makes it worse.

Opposite for me, but I seem to loose my skills, so it is getting kinda boring when i dont get my chopper and dogs every round :s

When people kill me i die in 2 shots, when i kill people i have to put in 5 shots. I dunno why?

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Plus maxed combat training and the fact that my dad likes doing single player vs bots a lot. <_<

It has to affect it somewhat because quite frankly I know I didn't spend that much time to get 15th.

j0xPu5R.png

It has to affect it somewhat because quite frankly I know I didn't spend that much time to get 15th.

Im pretty sure zombies dont affect your play time because its in a completely different menu for combat training im not sure?

Wow 17 days to 15th what were you doing? You get alot more points for going for the objective btw if your trying to lvl up quickly

SUPER.gif

Opposite for me, but I seem to loose my skills, so it is getting kinda boring when i dont get my chopper and dogs every round :s

When people kill me i die in 2 shots, when i kill people i have to put in 5 shots. I dunno why?

That means you have hit detection lag. I have to shoot 20 bullets to get 3 hitmarkers with any machine gun.

Yesterday I decided to go ahead and remove the map packs, and somehow most of the hit detection lag is gone. I knew this would work since it did when I lived on a slow internet connection on MW2 I would have lag with the map packs but not without them. Except now I'm on the best connection available and on Black Ops. This hit detection issue only happens on Treyarch games.

I think I was the host on one of the games I played yesterday since I got 2 kills on my screen, but they only appeared in the killfeed 5 seconds later. Or maybe I wasn't host but he was someone where I didn't have that much lag.

Because you're losing your skills, brah.

That's what she said.

It's people like you that ruin that joke.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

That means you have hit detection lag. I have to shoot 20 bullets to get 3 hitmarkers with any machine gun.

Yesterday I decided to go ahead and remove the map packs, and somehow most of the hit detection lag is gone. I knew this would work since it did when I lived on a slow internet connection on MW2 I would have lag with the map packs but not without them. Except now I'm on the best connection available and on Black Ops. This hit detection issue only happens on Treyarch games.

I think I was the host on one of the games I played yesterday since I got 2 kills on my screen, but they only appeared in the killfeed 5 seconds later. Or maybe I wasn't host but he was someone where I didn't have that much lag.

Do they actually effect it? I store mine on a flash drive so that it only needs to be in use whenever I'm using a map pack map.

j0xPu5R.png

Consoles bro ;-) and yeah, you are more often playing with noobs when you uninstall map packs, because noobs dont tend to buy dlcs.. Ans if you dont have any dlcs you play against everyone else without dlcs ;-)

But i suppose dlcs could lag my ps3

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Do they actually effect it? I store mine on a flash drive so that it only needs to be in use whenever I'm using a map pack map.

Actually, looks like I was writing that too fast yesterday. Today the lag was so bad that it caused me to play MW2 all night instead of Black Ops.

Well I guess we know where most of their budgeting went for this game... advertisement. It looks interesting, but even if I still had Black Ops, I wouldn't get it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Even if I still have BO I'm not buying it, map packs are not worth my money if they make the game lag like hell. I have removed all the map packs and in the end it did stop the lag issues. That other time where I was saying it didn't was because my internet speed was 0.5 Mb/s instead of the usual 25 Mb/s.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the map pack. Anybody fancy doing the easter egg with me? :)

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Bought the map pack. Anybody fancy doing the easter egg with me? :)

Friend and I have been doing zombies and such trying for achievements. We play in the evening due to college but if you want to add me it's Lowc15 on xbl and we wouldn't mind achievement whoring.

Low_C.png