Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

"Since scientists have found matter that can travel faster than the speed of light, we're going to have to rethink about those Star Trek beams that teleport people from Earth to the spaceships."

A quote from the substitute teacher in english class today.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Working out wavelengths and frequencies. It makes my brain hurt. :(

EDIT: Just noticed I have a + next to my group. Anybody else see it or am I just seeing things?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm a very mild mannered person, but watching this makes me want to stab people.

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovTdRq2_vxA[/hide]

I thought it was pretty good, but hey, I like most of RWJ's work.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Grade 12 chem?

I have to memorize the formulas for wednesday :/

Year 9. I understand the calculations you have to do, but they just give you no information! Like they say, find the frequency of a wave that you have absolutely no clue about, other than the wavelength...which I don't understand the speed of waves, apart from sound and light. They don't tell us the speed/frequency, so how do they expect us to work it out? :angry:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Equation: f * λ = c

Equation: E = hc/λ

where:

f = frequency in Hertz (Hz = 1/sec)

λ = wavelength in meters (m)

c = the speed of light (3e8 m/s)

E = energy in electron Volts (eV)

h = Plank's constant (6.626068 e34)

This is what we learned, except we only have to memorize the equation, not the constants.

I learned that in physics too.

These annoying World of Warcraft adds popping up everywhere I go

*looks at top right hand corner of the screen*

[hide]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[/hide]

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/ ;)

Grade 12 chem?

I have to memorize the formulas for wednesday :/

Year 9. I understand the calculations you have to do, but they just give you no information! Like they say, find the frequency of a wave that you have absolutely no clue about, other than the wavelength...which I don't understand the speed of waves, apart from sound and light. They don't tell us the speed/frequency, so how do they expect us to work it out? :angry:

The speed is constant. It's the speed of light, 3*10^8 m/s.

Staurolite.png

Nope. No matter how fast you're traveling (say you are traveling at the speed of light, too), light will still be traveling 3E8 m/s away from you.

I thought the below scenario would've been so cool to think about before I learned the above (I'm pretty sure the above is true):

What would happen if you and a mirror in front of you were traveling at the speed of light? Would you see a reflection in the mirror? Or would you not since the rays of light from your face would not be able to reach the mirror?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Nope. No matter how fast you're traveling (say you are traveling at the speed of light, too), light will still be traveling 3E8 m/s away from you.

I thought the below scenario would've been so cool to think about before I learned the above (I'm pretty sure the above is true):

What would happen if you and a mirror in front of you were traveling at the speed of light? Would you see a reflection in the mirror? Or would you not since the rays of light from your face would not be able to reach the mirror?

You would time travel.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Can light... slow down?

I think it goes 3×108m/s in a vacuum, but I'm fairly sure it slows down when passing through air/water/anything.

But for homework purposes, it's almost always assumed you're in a vacuum unless otherwise stated.

Stupid cancer. We all want a new car, a new phone...a person who has cancer only wants one thing: to survive. I know that a lot of you "who think you're too cool" probably won't re- post this. But a very small amount of my friends will. Put this on your wall in honor of someone who died of cancer, survived, or who is fighting against it now.

This [cabbage]. Here's my status currently:

Copy this as your status if you've heard of any ailment ever. This is worth a copypaste because I'm being considerate of people less fortunate than me while not actually doing anything to help. Spread awareness, which is a totally useful way to spend your typing strength. This is not a waste of time and just a way to show people I'm a good person.

I didn't write it, I actually copy pasted it from a friend (lol irony). Still, I find the above thing stupid and pointless. It doesn't help anything, especially not cancer. Everyone who's reading it already knows what cancer is and that it is a diseases that can kill you, so it spreads basically no awareness.

As annoying as I find those things, too, they're good 'eye-openers' if you see it differently.

If you read it as "You think your life is tough, some people are suffering worse," then it's a useful reminder to be thankful for what you have.

I'd rather be reminded of how thankful I should be because of how well off I am by one of those stupid statuses than not be reminded at all. :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

As annoying as I find those things, too, they're good 'eye-openers' if you see it differently.

If you read it as "You think your life is tough, some people are suffering worse," then it's a useful reminder to be thankful for what you have.

I'd rather be reminded of how thankful I should be because of how well off I am by one of those stupid statuses than not be reminded at all. :\

If it was actually a reminder to be thankful for what you have, it wouldn't all be about cancer and diseases. Over 25k a day die by starvation across the world, no statuses about that.

I realize that sounds like I'm saying cancer isn't worthy of recognition. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it.

You can interpret it as 'be thankful for what you have' (yah, it's a stretch). And that's what I do every time I see something like that. I ignore whatever they actually wrote.

I'm think I know what you mean, though. I don't think you're a cold hearted. ;-)

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |