Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I've never liked that phrase, and there's always the obvious exceptions like rape/murder/slavery/terrorism.

Yes, because people aren't telling you you shouldn't eat too much cake, they're telling you to go out and rape a few women, as long as you don't rape too many women.

Since when do we have to say everything literally? What happened to figuratively speaking? Are we supposed to change that sentence to "Everything is better in moderation, except for things like rape, murder and slavery, which are always bad."

Yeah really. I've never seen anyone go at that phrase like that. I'm pretty sure everyone knows and would get what that phrase means...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Spiders.

More specifically Spiders who makes webs on the side mirror of a car door, hide in the back of the mirror and even when you shove a hose into it and wipe it all clean, he comes back and spins a web on your mirror all over again just to troll you.

Going to hit him with a power hose next time I wash the car...

Popoto.~<3

Spiders.

More specifically Spiders who makes webs on the side mirror of a car door, hide in the back of the mirror and even when you shove a hose into it and wipe it all clean, he comes back and spins a web on your mirror all over again just to troll you.

You my good sir, should never get a motor cycle. Apparently spiders, along with other insects like wasps, just love motor cycles. Read the first entry of this article for a good laugh.

Spiders.

You my good sir, should never get a motor cycle. Apparently spiders, along with other insects like wasps, just love motor cycles. Read the first entry of this article for a good laugh.

After reading halfway in the spider bit, it was enough for me to not want to ride a motorcycle. Once it got into the wasps, there is no way I am sleeping tonight. Thank you for another tacking another sleepless night as a result of the internet with that link, Randox. :sad:

Spiders.

After reading halfway in the spider bit, it was enough for me to not want to ride a motorcycle. Once it got into the wasps, there is no way I am sleeping tonight. Thank you for another tacking another sleepless night as a result of the internet with that link, Randox. :sad:

Humph. I hold that as one of their best articles ever (right after my favorite, which also starts with a spider). I laughed pretty much the whole way through that one when I re-read it tonight (been a while). I also hold you slightly responsible for seeing an entry named spiders and not turning back if they bother you :razz:

You should not read my favorite article (though I feel like you already have), or that one about insects that I can't remember the name of.

In recompense, I offer you a link to this, about zombie survival tactics that will get you killed. No spiders, but there is a great picture of an angry squirrel with the best caption ever (in context). This article shall be my bedtime story tonight.

And I hate how long clothes take to dry.

Spiders.

Humph. I hold that as one of their best articles ever (right after my favorite, which also starts with a spider). I laughed pretty much the whole way through that one when I re-read it tonight (been a while). I also hold you slightly responsible for seeing an entry named spiders and not turning back if they bother you :razz:

You should not read my favorite article (though I feel like you already have), or that one about insects that I can't remember the name of.

In recompense, I offer you a link to this, about zombie survival tactics that will get you killed. No spiders, but there is a great picture of an angry squirrel with the best caption ever (in context). This article shall be my bedtime story tonight.

I never said I disliked the article (in fact, I can agree with you on how good it was). It was the bit with the wasps what disturbed me the most since I was stung by them often when I was a little child, which sort of justifies how I cringed hard at the imagery of going down the interstate and fighting off a horde of those abominations. Have you also read this article by chance? It's one of my top five favorites, even though I cannot get certain zombie fanatics I know to agree their logic about zombies is faulty. As for the article you linked, I've seen it before.

Clothing, oh boy. I find it worse how it's always my favorite pieces that get ruined within in the first two washes done on them no matter what. It makes it more concerning how I have ordered a $25 shirt (including ship costs) being shipped to me, so it would be leave me miffed if it gets ruined within the wash.

Bugs/insects annoy me. And in some cases, scare me. Makes me glad I don't live in Australia or Africa honestly... even though I have no idea where these bugs are located. (Australia is my best bet... everything tries to kill you there.)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

What if said insect did this?

cool_amazing_odd_fun_weird_spider-bite-1_200907231630201216.jpg

cool_amazing_odd_fun_weird_spider-bite-2_200907231630211217.jpg

cool_amazing_odd_fun_weird_spider-bite-5_200907231630211220.jpg

It looks to be Brown Recluse considering the color of the spider displayed. and how damaging its bites are. It ranks next to Black Widow on one of the spiders I never want to encounter.

Spiders.

I never said I disliked the article (in fact, I can agree with you on how good it was). It was the bit with the wasps what disturbed me the most since I was stung by them often when I was a little child, which sort of justifies how I cringed hard at the imagery of going down the interstate and fighting off a horde of those abominations. Have you also read this article by chance? It's one of my top five favorites, even though I cannot get certain zombie fanatics I know to agree their logic about zombies is faulty. As for the article you linked, I've seen it before.

Clothing, oh boy. I find it worse how it's always my favorite pieces that get ruined within in the first two washes done on them no matter what. It makes it more concerning how I have ordered a $25 shirt (including ship costs) being shipped to me, so it would be leave me miffed if it gets ruined within the wash.

What I've been doing lately is making sure to hang dry all of my shirts that I really like and don't want ruined, especially long-sleeved. Makes them not shrink and last much longericon_thumbsu.gif

Well thanks to that picture I'm just going to stay locked up in my basement forever with a flamethrower, thanks.

Then it'd be best to avoid Australia and Brazil because of the Sydney Funnel Web and Wandering Spider respectively, the latter actually rated to have the world's most potent venom for a spider. At least most spiders you encounter are non-venomous.

Of course, they're hideous freaks (maybe that is wording it too strongly) that I wan't to eradicate off the face of my shoe now and admire it later when it is an image on a screen or in a documentary rather than in my room or face.

Of course, they're hideous freaks (maybe that is wording it too strongly) that I wan't to eradicate off the face of my shoe now and admire it later when it is an image on a screen or in a documentary rather than in my room or face.

I recently did a bit of research on spiders and learned that my house may or may not have giant house spiders and/or hobo spiders. The house spiders are big for something you'd see in a North American home, the hobo spiders are smaller but have an... unpleasant bite.

I also may or may not have developed a minor case of arachnophobia from that research. Does not fit well with a pre-existing fear of bees and wasps. Will avoid visiting Australia.

I recently did a bit of research on spiders and learned that my house may or may not have giant house spiders and/or hobo spiders. The house spiders are big for something you'd see in a North American home, the hobo spiders are smaller but have an... unpleasant bite.

I also may or may not have developed a minor case of arachnophobia from that research. Does not fit well with a pre-existing fear of bees and wasps. Will avoid visiting Australia.

Arachnophobia is one of those primal fears on par with snakes, and very common too, so I wouldn't blame you if you got it from all that research. Thanks for reminding me of the Hobo spider considering it's one of those diabolical nasty ones that is rarely mentioned. The only reason I said the spider pictured above was a Brown Recluse was because that's the only venomous spider I know with that color and can do that kind of harm. Might have even forgot what a hobo spider even looks like now.

Oh, and here's the activity in this thread, not including this post.

[hide]Who posted in: Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Member name Posts

Dizzle229 404

Assume Nothing 395

Duff 344

H2PM 335

Giordano 335

Rob 331

Alg 320

Nomrombom 317

Riku3220 310

K4ylan 267

champion 221

Lokie 218

Saru_Inc 206

star_in_the_sky 179

AppallingCoatHanger 176

Dax 154

Vezon_Dash 150

ElkNight 142

Maleficus1055 134

The_Gabe 132

Maze 130

Surprise 129

obfuscator 125

Toki_Hakurei 121

ItsASpork 120

Dupin 107

Killerred005 100

Ginger_Warrior 91

who_am_i 90

Distracted 88

Hakaan 86

TTanT 86

i_love_burritos 83

All_Is_Great 77

Crocefisso 74

Sarge 71

Bows 67

Nenga 64

unkn0wnwarrior 63

Napalm 62

Sbrideau 62

Skull 62

Sam 53

Range_This11 52

Skeptical 49

Tim 48

Racheya 45

Wongtong 44

Langzor 43

Skully 43

Randox 42

Lenin64 42

3rkid 41

fastortoise 39

Shiny 36

sees_all1 36

OldJoe 35

Ieyfura 35

Ouchy 35

Jernlov 31

Donkeykong23 29

blaah 29

aeternitatis 27

foursideking 26

mcneilp 25

Orpheus 25

Dreamtongirl 24

BlindBaker 22

Demoli 22

Hedgehog 21

Jeffwilson99 21

Aiko 19

SaqPrets 18

Zeno 16

rangeor 16

Hobgoblinpie 15

Piscis_Rex 15

Pirate_Felix 15

Askthedude 15

Noxxx 14

Flodder450 14

Romy 14

krimi 14

Zygimantas 14

stevepole 12

fakeitormakeit2 12

meb 11

RSTPT 11

Blake 11

Star_Fox 10

Icuownage 10

Pinkbullet3 10

Saradomin_Mage 10

Bouwzie 9

Dragonlordjl 9

Rainy_Day 9

Nexaduro 9

Gid 9

Flyingjj 9

Ring_World 9

ranqe 8

Aeon_ 8

tripsis 8

Azvareth 7

aspeeder 7

Nadril 7

EmEss 7

Abc1230 7

Sonikku 7

Kiriyama 6

Sprint 6

jjrox32 6

kamykazee 6

Gwasha 6

HappyNooblet 6

D Jay99 6

Hawks 6

lizzywizzy 6

Tec106 6

xAres 6

Magbill 5

MonkeyChee 5

Guy 5

Earth 5

Jaffy1 5

Albel 5

Surprises 5

meol 5

IeatWindex 5

Junkmutt 5

Lekti 5

jrhairychest 5

MrGreens 5

iamcoool11 5

SirHartlar 4

Lose No Hope 4

dusky 4

EarthySun 4

The Dark Lord 4

Cacmypants 4

Newb 4

Surrealist 4

Jonanananas 4

angel_mage 4

Dheginsea 4

RpgGamer 4

tigershelby2 4

holiday 4

Tim_Finch 4

RESULTS 4

Nightwhisper 4

IXxPURITYxXI 3

Leoo 3

RsnLeadSayingHello 3

doomy 3

Carbi 3

sohkmj1 3

Blutters 3

Celery 3

AdamMonkey0 3

Implying 3

Bird_of_Prey 3

detroit187 3

bballer 3

Fallen_GIGO 3

Hamtaro 3

andufusthebronze 3

LifeAndDeath 3

Sturrhurr 3

IGoddessI 3

Myweponsg00d 3

Adam007 3

Bloodstain 3

1_man_army 3

highlanders 3

Markup 2

Roberthree 2

Wavemasta 2

1337_Byte 2

eias 2

Quyneax 2

darkly 2

Fra 2

Asmodeous4 2

3PointMan 2

fishy227 2

Mightybigboo31 2

Kimberly 2

Brodly 2

Xecer 2

httpBen 2

Naive 2

Laura 2

Iamdan 2

i_trollz_u 2

Durant 2

anonymous_user 2

Erewhon2 2

Returned3 2

Nyosuht 2

baalboy5 2

extremetexanfan 2

I_am_Geed 2

saml 2

Poppet 2

howbadisbad 2

Millard 2

SeyedKevin 2

Georgelemmons 2

Vulxai 2

Diesel 2

Dragonmaker9 2

JeremyM 2

Jehosaphat 2

h3art 2

quitthegame 2

Monk 2

Nero 2

1dedecek 2

Sterlite 2

Robert_R 2

EFG 2

ezeeipancake 2

KittyKat 2

Nifflin 2

Arthu 2

Marduk_God 2

God_Himself 2

PurpleCrayon 2

Turnpike 2

Tiigon 2

Zealot 2

Haaa_Haaa0 2

Technologic 1

Comical 1

konzserwas 1

MuffinMaddy 1

catluva359 1

Sheynara 1

Actaeon 1

Miaow 1

toast647 1

blakdragon39 1

30741987 1

My_Eggs 1

Grim_ 1

iamsomebody1 1

doglover953 1

polyvore 1

Aten 1

Buzzcut3 1

svs 1

noble_aloof 1

Goonstalf 1

a_bert 1

TheDarkSide 1

Andy 1

Naraku893 1

Snipersas 1

Stilev 1

SUbandgeek 1

Cubewarrior1 1

Knitewulf 1

Will_H 1

Son_Of_Judas 1

Stev 1

Damo 1

Normalize 1

pegpenguin 1

dinoboy100 1

Big_Stingman 1

MIB 1

Danqazmlp 1

Olbritishchap 1

20Rice04 1

Wavyyy 1

divingduck 1

Kaphias 1

Iiccee 1

db300 1

n_odie 1

Shin 1

Thisbenathan 1

dsavi 1

LaserDude333 1

Thatbassman 1

Vandite 1

pope_skills 1

kavasake 1

BBK 1

Probably_Halo 1

mckinzy5 1

Brad25891 1

xXep1cpwn3rXx 1

Th3_Crusader 1

GottaGetDownOnfriday 1

Pan_Nx 1

Pianokid13 1

GimmeMyAccount 1

Tom_Servo 1

xsarah 1

Mr_Adam 1

exodus199 1

Sir_Redhead 1

uzi0espil 1

Enamoured 1

duckking 1

PuppyKing 1

foofoomagoo 1

Da_rk_Slayer 1

Matey 1

vb354 1

MrDNA 1

x1strife 1

Roxie 1

Abendav 1

swampjedi 1

SeanCalibur 1

wretched_axe 1

Hugger_88 1

mario_sunny 1

Eureka 1

Ice_and_Spec 1

cultjunky 1

Ellac 1

1roddad1 1

Phuunhym 1

PhaperPlane 1

walka92 1

FirenLazah 1

Lemeja 1

Sylph 1

Morrison 1

ElementOfOne 1

Mythological 1

ThurinEthir 1

katha610 1

Shadiochao 1

Harakiri 1

No_Foo 1

MysteriousWaters 1

mughinn 1

Synthox 1

Lion_3 1

Lawrence 1

gago 1

tortilliachp 1

re4p3r1 1

Toxicity02 1

Joes_So_Cool 1

RUNESCAPEfantasy 1

xxlegendxx 1

Lukeh 1

Wingless 1

M_u_s_ii_X 1

Dire_Wolf 1

Ryannator 1

Poopingman 1

Exploit 1

chenw 1

Wizz 1

Dark_Yeng 1

sockmonster 1

darkace21 1

Iconic 1

Cassynder 1

Alakazam 1

Pluckey 1

RussetAlpha 1

Hegelstad 1

the-whisky-bar 1

WhiteHorn 1

Kenshinjapan 1

boyzloveme15 1

Undo 1

Ruggig 1

DuckyTheSwan 1

deskjethp 1

Lowc15 1

East_Garden 1

You_MadBroRS 1

Jeremy841 1

[/hide]

[hide]cool_amazing_odd_fun_weird_spider-bite-1_200907231630201216.jpg

cool_amazing_odd_fun_weird_spider-bite-5_200907231630211220.jpg[/hide]

EDIT - I put some hide tags in because of the nature of the pictures. I should have realised earlier.

Spiders are not insects, but arachnids.

Arachnids have 8 legs, insects have 6 - to mention the most visible difference from the insect class.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

EDIT - I put some hide tags in because of the nature of the pictures. I should have realised earlier.

Arachnids have 8 legs, insects have 6 - to mention the most visible difference from the insect class.

I always found the former being interesting because the Scorpion is technically in that same animal class as any spider, but I don't think that necessarily make them related to the spider itself (or perhaps I am wrong on that assumption since I am rusty in my knowledge of how biology works). Also, I think the better term would be "limbs" more than simply putting "legs".

On the comments section of news sites where most of the commenters very obviously just read the title of the article before posting their (often very detailed and over-the-top) opinions.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I always found the former being interesting because the Scorpion is technically in that same animal class as any spider, but I don't think that necessarily make them related to the spider itself (or perhaps I am wrong on that assumption since I am rusty in my knowledge of how biology works). Also, I think the better term would be "limbs" more than simply putting "legs".

Limbs would be misleading, as arachnids also have a pair of pedipalps and chelicerae that can vary in shape and size. This means that they have up to 12 limbs, depending on how you count them and which you choose to count. :) Scorpions are indeed arachnids aswell, and they have quite a lot in common with spiders.

Other visible differences between insects and arachnids; the latter don't have wings nor antennas.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?