The Three Slayer Archetypes

Solartide

I've found that slayers generally fit into one of the following three archetypes. Well, the melee slayers anyway.

First, we have the newbie slayer:

newbieg.png

This slayer generally wears a glory, a fighter torso, and a rune defender. No matter what you say to him, he will defend that glory is superior to the fury, fighter torso is better than a bcp, and that the rune defender outstrips the dfs. There's no use arguing with these people- They'll ignore what you say and start citing numbers and such. But that's fine.

Next we have the pro slayer:

proco.png

This slayer had some starting capital and jumped into the slayer with the best gear money can buy. Odds are, this type of slayer will be wearing a fire cape or a skill cape. These slayers know what the best gear is and can afford it.

Finally, the summoner:

summ.png

Combat level is huge for this guy. Prayer, Summoning, must level them up as soon as you have even the slightest bit of money. Fancy equipment is not needed, it is better off sold and used to fund leveling summoning and such. Rune plate, rune legs, rune defender, and a little luxury to indulge in: a whip.

newsigh.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say, but where is the in between pro and newb one? You know, the one who says that his Barrows is superior to other armours? Yeah, that's me.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

This slayer generally wears a glory, a fighter torso, and a rune defender. No matter what you say to him, he will defend that glory is superior to the fury, fighter torso is better than a bcp, and that the rune defender outstrips the dfs. There's no use arguing with these people- They'll ignore what you say and start citing numbers and such. But that's fine.

The defender is better then the dfs...

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Sorry to say, but where is the in between pro and newb one? You know, the one who says that his Barrows is superior to other armours? Yeah, that's me.

You know, I've been slaying for the last week, and still didn't get a chance to screengrab one of those.

newsigh.jpg

Alright, so where is the Runescape General board? Because clearly I'm not in it.

well this is general *discussion*, just posting something random and not adding something to discuss is pretty much pointless IMO. But hey maybe the thread does take off so nvm me lol :P

Lord_Beloved.png

The defender is better then the dfs...

this. And your missing the guy in prossy plate+v skirt, who pietys every task because he would rather spend all his money on skills+ppots then bandos.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

You know, I've been slaying for the last week, and still didn't get a chance to screengrab one of those.

Im the one that slays naked.

I saw one of those actually, yesterday at Iron Dragons. I was getting the camera just right for the screenshot, but then the guy died to dragonfire and left =(

newsigh.jpg

Im the one that slays naked.

I saw one of those actually, yesterday at Iron Dragons. I was getting the camera just right for the screenshot, but then the guy died to dragonfire and left =(

Some day you might catch me, and thats the day I'll give you a banana! (It's straight outta compton too!)

Since when is defender inferior to DFS? I would like to hear your thought on this. The pro slayers definitely do not slay in bandos unless they want to lose a ton of money from ppots because of SS and turmoil. Most of the top slayers I see use pro top and verac skirt.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Since when is defender inferior to DFS? I would like to hear your thought on this. The pro slayers definitely do not slay in bandos unless they want to lose a ton of money from ppots because of SS and turmoil. Most of the top slayers I see use pro top and verac skirt.

personally i used full pros and rune def/zammy spear on task, o and i would never take my slay cape over sw cape tbh

Lord_Beloved.png

I'd say I'm a mix between newbie and summoner. I always use familiars on every task and I use glory and defender. But I use barrow's stuff instead of D legs/torso.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I am fine if there is just one huge thread with the types of players, with the correct information of course. I mean it is thoughtful for the OP to post a thread, but unfortunately most of the information are incorrect.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I am fine if there is just one huge thread with the types of players, with the correct information of course. I mean it is thoughtful for the OP to post a thread, but unfortunately most of the information are incorrect.

Wrong information on the internetz!? No such thing can happen.. ever.. :-o

Wrong information on the internetz!? No such thing can happen.. ever.. :-o

Of course there is nothing wrong with posting incorrect information. I am just a bit irritated because of the rash assumption. No offense of course. We are getting off topic though. :smile:

Well by getting back to the topic, I am a bit surprised that barrow armor is not included in any of them.

11-1.jpg[

Well, in life, you might find that generalisations are generally wrong.

Lord_Beloved.png

Of course there is nothing wrong with posting incorrect information. I am just a bit irritated because of the rash assumption. No offense of course. We are getting off topic though. :smile:

Well by getting back to the topic, I am a bit surprised that barrow armor is not included in any of them.

Maybe the OP will be getting a screenshot of one later and add it here, but who knows. I still like slaying naked =]

Well, in life, you might find that generalisations are generally wrong.

Of course, but if done right the stereotypes can be entertaining. Do you not agree?

11-1.jpg[