The Three Slayer Archetypes

Solartide

Actually it was just a really slow day at work and I wanted to make a "massive troll thread". You wouldn't believe the size of my massive grin while reading the replies in this thread.

Anyhoo, 10 minutes til I get off.

Im sure you enjoyed stroking your E-peen... :rolleyes:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rune Defender is so much better than DFS for Slayer it isn't even funny. +19 Slash attack is way better than the +2 Str you would gain from switching to a DFS. I would fit into the pro Slayer category of course, seeing as I wear Bandos and use Yaks/Unis, but I did wear Torso/D Legs before GWD.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

There's tons of type of players when it comes to slayer. The newb one doesn't even seem like a noob one. Sorry he can't afford Bandos? I'm neither of those 3. Wheres the range or mage slayer? barrows slayer? etc etc.

Actually, I think the newb one is the only accurate stereotype. The other two are completely wrong though.

I think the guy in full bandos and dfs is actually a good stereotype, he just described it wrong. It's not a pro slayer, it's a slayer who is obsessed by strength and showing off.

How is it showing off? Just how?

Wearing Bandos isn't about an "obsession with strength." It is about DPS and hitting as high as possible as fast as possible. It's this little thing people call "fun" that people, like me, like to have.

DPS?

I generally slay in SH/Swars cape/fury/zerker(fero)/defender/prossy top/v skirt/d boots/whip of course.

Oh and i also use extremes on ever task repotted when i hit 120/99 and i also use this thing called piety and a set of something called dragon claws. Oh yeah and I have something like 3k special restore pots in the bank to use.

And your waste on bandos/dfs is better how?

Because I can stew Extremes, have Claws, Piety, can have 3k Spec Restores whenever I do so wish, a Zerker Ring (i), etc. It is better because not only do I have everything you have, minus the SW cape, I am also having the type of fun I love.

Fun > your idea of "what is better" (which is insanly narrow btw.)

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

LOL, you got it completely wrong. Your picture of a "pro slayer" wearing a slayer cape and using a DFS made me laugh.

hahaha yeah I know, such a failure.

I'm number 3, 138 combat was like my main goal and I had to sell bandos and dfs for prayer.

theistsRdim.png

Actually it was just a really slow day at work and I wanted to make a "massive troll thread". You wouldn't believe the size of my massive grin while reading the replies in this thread.

imhvg0.png

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

@ Mecakoto, to save a massive quote train.

But i also have 2k extreme pure sets, plus other extreme sets, pretty decent gear, bandos isnt that great. Oh and also @ 91 herby soon to be 92 when I finnish these pots I can stew overloads easily and trust me they are win for boss hunting.

I would say sorry for being OT but obviously the op just has issues...

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

imhvg0.png

coolstorytrollp.jpg

C1Geq.png

But i also have 2k extreme pure sets, plus other extreme sets, pretty decent gear, bandos isnt that great. Oh and also @ 91 herby soon to be 92 when I finnish these pots I can stew overloads easily and trust me they are win for boss hunting.

Bandos is that great for my player archtype. I don't see why you bring the 2k Pure sets or overloads into this, as it has nothing to do with anything.

Don't respond again. It's like arguing with a Mormon or Christian on the topic of religion. You can't see past your little box.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

What about the "I pray all tasks slayer"?

That's me :(

Can get a screen if you so wish.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Bandos is that great for my player archtype. I don't see why you bring the 2k Pure sets or overloads into this, as it has nothing to do with anything.

Don't respond again. It's like arguing with a Mormon or Christian on the topic of religion. You can't see past your little box.

Pretty sure this will get deleted anyways...

I can "see past my little box" and im pretty sure that when pietying a far far better prayer bonus is much better than a tiny boost and a small + str bonus.

Either ways I also cba with a massive arguement sure probally bandos + piety is better but if you cba spending the money on at least 85 herby and stewing at the very worst extreme sets, I'm guessing you don't do that.

Right back at you don't bother replying :)

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

DFS > Rune Defender for casual slayers (missed my type).

Full Slayer Helm (2.5m total spent)

Fury (bought for 2m one year ago)

DFS (bought for 16m one year ago)

Whip (2.9m three years ago)

Dragon boots (400k 2 years ago)

Barrows gloves (125k)

Torag's Body (400k idr when)

Torag's Legs (250k idr when)

Quest Cape

RoW/Explorer's Ring

Total cash spent on gear: 24.6m

Total cash spent on super sets: 0gp

Total cash spent on prayer pots: 0gp

Total cash for pouches: Whatever the shards cost me for Bunyip

Grand Total: 25m (not counting the minimal monks and barrows repairs :???: )

I also use Enhanced Excalibur to minimalize inventory spaces. I bring like 4 monks per task and I do the whole task in one trip.

I didn't buy DFS for strength or accuracy (I have 8 rune defenders that I haven't touched in a year), that does hardly anything anyway. I bought it for defensive purposes, as I tank every task. Sure, it's slower, but I can AFK (switching tabs) a lot easier without having to worry about potting or eating.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

OP makes thread with inaccurate information.

OP is shown to be foolish and wrong.

OP claims to have trolled us all.

I hope you're happy, Solartide, you haven't fooled any of us.

--

Oh and on the various archetypes... It's a game and therefore you should do what you find fun. For some this involves AFKing (barrows, bunyip, DFS, enhanced excalibur ), for some this involves penny pinching (rune/dragon/bandos to save on repairs, no potions, bunyip), and for others it involves max speed slaying (bandos, claws, recover specials, turmoil, extremes, steel titan, cannon, etc.). None are intrinsically superior styles in terms of fun.

Oh and on the various archetypes... It's a game and therefore you should do what you find fun. For some this involves AFKing (barrows, bunyip, DFS, enhanced excalibur ), for some this involves penny pinching (rune/dragon/bandos to save on repairs, no potions, bunyip), and for others it involves max speed slaying (bandos, claws, recover specials, turmoil, extremes, steel titan, cannon, etc.). None are intrinsically superior styles in terms of fun.

Couldn't agree more with this.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Sorry to say, but where is the in between pro and newb one? You know, the one who says that his Barrows is superior to other armours? Yeah, that's me.

You know, I've been slaying for the last week, and still didn't get a chance to screengrab one of those.

Come find me in Kuradal's dungeon. Guthan plate/Torag legs <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Popedevourer.png

OP makes thread with inaccurate information.

OP is shown to be foolish and wrong.

OP claims to have trolled us all.

I hope you're happy, Solartide, you haven't fooled any of us.

--

Yeah, the lol you guys fell for it, I trolled you defense is hilarious.

Posted something ridiculously inaccurate/foolish? It's okay, it was all part of your master plan to troll everyone. Slick!

I find Bandos and DFS to be useful in some situations, especially when I want to be lazy. If where I am slaying is multi combat, what I will do is round up a bunch of monsters with auto retaliate on and browse forums like tip.it or rsof, checking back every minute or so. So those who say rune defender is better than dfs are only partially correct, there are some situations where DFS and Bandos could make the task easier :P(if you are lazy)

Nice, making a thread which is obviously wrong, then saying it was a troll thread to try and still be cool!

Preau.png

I have to agree with the slayer newbie on the defender part.

On most tasks, no slayer monster that you don't pray against you don't need all the defence bonuses that dfs gives.

With defender, you get three things. Decent defence, excellent attack bonuses and very good str bonus.

Dfs gives 2 or 3 more strength bonus and much more defence but you don't need that.

The attack bonuses > defence bonuses on slayer tasks.