The Three Slayer Archetypes

Solartide

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolling is sad, but you know you've hit rock bottom if you have to lie that you're trolling to cover up your stupidity, especially when it's obvious you were serious :thumbdown:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Solartide, you're trolling. Original Post is a troll-post. Honestly, there are so many possible combinations of slayer gear as well as reasons, that you can't go calling someone "newb slayer" just because they're short for cash. That's ridiculous. Or limiting the slayering gear to that..What about proselytes? What about dharokers? What about rangers and mages? What about veracers who piety through their tasks? As for defender versus DFS, attack bonus>def <3

Edit: Oh he, pretended to be a troll, so my post fails.

Profins.png

specty.png

Its amusing that you hit the "newb slayer" so spot on and that its being confirmed by this thread. :P

There comes a few people defending torso and defender and its just so funny how right you were on that one.

I fit into the pro slayer group. ;)

I agree with some people though, not really any discussion here.

The "pro slayer" wears proselyte and uses turmoil ;)

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Pro slayer.

slakq.png

With claws in inv and veracs skirt subbed for prossy legs only on steel drags, which allows you to tank all tasks just by flashing SS (without healing fam). And swap the diamond ring for onyx/ferocious ofc.

I never use combat fams since the monsters that are in multi die so fast that the difference in speed is marginal. Also, I only use claws on monsters with high hp like lrc, since most others I usually kill in 2-3 hits anyways (50s-60s are common with this setup).

Okay, here are the seven or so actual types of Slayer peoples

1) Piety/Turmoil/Cannon/Extreme/Steel Frenzy

These people believe that the best way to slay is to use piety/turmoil on every task, repot every 20 seconds, and always use a combat familiar over a healing familiar. Some are very helpful and intelligent (Bladewing, for example), and others are just plain arrogant (my friend Greg- he's a great person when not talking about Slayer).

2) AFK Animals

I fall into this category because I like to watch television and find good merching items while Slaying. Us AFK Animals always use a Bunyip unless praying protection. We will use the 10% strength prayer but not piety because we find that piety requires too much clicking of prayer potions. We use super/extreme strength and attack potions but oftentimes do not repot all that often because of something Jerry Seinfeld did on TV.

3) Welfare Willies

Welfare Willy walks around in his rune armour with his dragon/long scimitar, blissfully unaware that Slaying should not commence at level 75 and that it is extremely poor compared to simply slicing open lesser/greater demons at this point in his career. Welfare Willies are likely to grow up into...

4) 0mgwtfbbQ Slayers

These Slayers are obsessed with proving that the Dragon Platebody is the greatest piece of armour of all time - because it has better defense than Bandos and doesn't degrade like Barrows. The goal armour set of these slayers is a Slayer Helmet, Amulet of Glory, Slayer Cape (t), Dragon Platebody/Legs, Whip, DFS, Dragon Boots, Barrows Gloves, and a Berserker Ring. If you try to help them mathematically they usually go into "angry mode" and tell you to bug off because Dragon looks cool. In addition, these slayers rarely use boosting potions/prayers and move along at a snail's pace, gaining 5-6k Slayer XP an hour. However, they failed school/quit school/are unemployed due to severe lack of intelligence so have 12 hours a day to play Runescape. Thusly, they have high levels which they brag about. These people often have Steel Dragons / Skeletal Wyverns unblocked even when they can't deal with them because of VISAGE!11!!1!11

5) Overkill Slayers

You know the type that HAS TO bring their Unicorn / Saradomin Godsword to every Slayer task? These people are obsessed with being foodless and also keeping their HP bar up as much as possible the entire time. People rarely are JUST overkill Slayers, most belong to one of the other 5 groups.

6) Barrows Beasts

Barrows Beasts are a happy medium between 0mgwtfbbQ Slayers and Frenzy Slayers. They like to use their Verac's Skirt/Guthan's Body combo and are usually in the middle-high level range - however, they do not maximize xp all of the time and can fall victim to their own slow rates of experience. In addition, they occasionally overestimate their own slayer ability and can lack skill at the game - wearing an obsidian or skill cape rather than a Fire or Soulwars Cape.

7) Slayer is the Best Slayers

These poor, deluded people seem to think that Slayer is the best option for experience, the best option for money, and the best option for charms. They have never heard of Dharoking Mummies / Green Dragons (Boss Hunting) / Rock Lobsters. They will also fight anyone who suggests that Slayer is an inefficient training method if one wants melee experience only. Slayer is the Best Slayers also tend to whip everything and often claim that quests are stupid.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

5) Overkill Slayers

You know the type that HAS TO bring their Unicorn / Saradomin Godsword to every Slayer task? These people are obsessed with being foodless and also keeping their HP bar up as much as possible the entire time. People rarely are JUST overkill Slayers, most belong to one of the other 5 groups.

Those are the people I call PAA's; Pony at abyssals.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Well, seing those options I'm:

Overkill Slayer: I always bring Bunyp (titan for multicombat tasks, pwnie for iron drags and dark beasts) and Saradomin Godsword.

Barrows Beasts: You described these poorly: They favour defence in their body and torso spots, and usually carry a SW/Firecape/Skillcape. Some, like me, don't use prayers, but are not afraid of extremes and titans. I belong in this group, i usually have Tprag's body and legs, but when i get 92 pray i'll switch to verac brass and skirt.

AFK animal: Title says it all.

Also, why hate the whip? Unless you have a chaotic rapier it's your best choice for most tasks (exeptions include dragons and waterfiends)

Well, seing those options I'm:

Overkill Slayer: I always bring Bunyp (titan for multicombat tasks, pwnie for iron drags and dark beasts) and Saradomin Godsword.

Barrows Beasts: You described these poorly: They favour defence in their body and torso spots, and usually carry a SW/Firecape/Skillcape. Some, like me, don't use prayers, but are not afraid of extremes and titans. I belong in this group, i usually have Tprag's body and legs, but when i get 92 pray i'll switch to verac brass and skirt.

AFK animal: Title says it all.

Also, why hate the whip? Unless you have a chaotic rapier it's your best choice for most tasks (exeptions include dragons and waterfiends)

I'm not hatin' on the whip, I'm just saying that these people don't even consider other options at tasks like metal drags and Aquanites.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

That's a much better list, and one I can relate to. I'm a Frenzy Slayer, but I was a Barrows Beast for years. I was also a Welfare Willie when I first started slayer in 2006. 8-)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I like that list. I'd relate myself to the barrowd beast for now since I switched to verac's top and skirt to save money for turmoil. Been a frenzy slayer for a while though with piety + cannon on most tasks.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

These people believe that the best way to slay is to use piety/turmoil on every task, repot every 20 seconds, and always use a combat familiar over a healing familiar. Some are very helpful and intelligent (Bladewing, for example), and others are just plain arrogant (my friend Greg- he's a great person when not talking about Slayer).

This is me except I don't repot every 20 seconds, and I don't use cannon.

Low_C.png

7) Slayer is the Best Slayers

These poor, deluded people seem to think that Slayer is the best option for experience, the best option for money, and the best option for charms. They have never heard of Dharoking Mummies / Green Dragons (Boss Hunting) / Rock Lobsters. They will also fight anyone who suggests that Slayer is an inefficient training method if one wants melee experience only. Slayer is the Best Slayers also tend to whip everything and often claim that quests are stupid.

Time wise slayer "is" the best for xp. Spend several hours making money to spend several hours chinning for range to again spend several hours making money again, reapeat for herb, pray, summoning, mage and then combat. then in the end do slayer anyway.

or just do slayer and get them all at once.

Did we ever actually settle this debate in the debate forum before it got closed down?

And most slayers like that i know love quests because we like varriety. its the campers who only go for the most effecient tasks that don't like quests because they feel they arn't worth the effort.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

This slayer generally wears a glory, a fighter torso, and a rune defender. No matter what you say to him, he will defend that glory is superior to the fury, fighter torso is better than a bcp, and that the rune defender outstrips the dfs. There's no use arguing with these people- They'll ignore what you say and start citing numbers and such. But that's fine.

But...Rune defender DOES outstrip the DFS...and if you don't need the defence...the Torso performs the same as a BCP. Saying the glory is better is just dumb though :P

Okay, here are the seven or so actual types of Slayer peoples

That's me minus the cannon. It's also an Iron Titan :P....oh, and I don't repot every 20 seconds :blink:

I never use combat fams since the monsters that are in multi die so fast that the difference in speed is marginal. Also, I only use claws on monsters with high hp like lrc, since most others I usually kill in 2-3 hits anyways (50s-60s are common with this setup).

You're supposed to send the familiar on a different monster then the one you attack :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

..... These people often have Steel Dragons / Skeletal Wyverns unblocked even when they can't deal with them because of VISAGE!11!!1!11.......

implying that steel dragons are a bad task.

only kiddies cant get a task of em done in <50 mins

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I think the pro slayers are the ones who got 99 before Guthans was even a thought <_<

Yea... barrows came out pretty close to Slayer if I remember. Like 3 people got w/o guthan. It was a BIG deal.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

there are more, you have the ones that that prefer defender over dfs with full bandos, thats myself. and then you have the ones that slay in style, with full guilded, which tbh, is pro.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

You're supposed to send the familiar on a different monster then the one you attack :unsure:

I do, but it's already so much clicking...pot pray, extremes, spec restores, new monsters, spec, make fam attack, etc...

..... These people often have Steel Dragons / Skeletal Wyverns unblocked even when they can't deal with them because of VISAGE!11!!1!11.......

Without super-antis and decent (90+ attack) melees, these do take forever.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I guess i'm a sort of hybrid of pro and newbie by your definition. I wear full bandos and all the most expensive gear while slaying, but I intentionally choose rune defender over dfs. It's not like I can't afford a dfs (I have 80m in cash sitting in the bank doing nothing), but I choose the rune defender for its attack bonuses. I don't think the extra +2 str for dfs is worthwhile when I could instead get an accuracy bonus through a rune defender. Besides, I flash piety every task, and use super sets on a lot of them. So it;s not like i'm suffering with -2 str compared to all the "pro slayers". I think I have the best offensive of all types of slayers. I'm not afraid of cost, because piety flashing correctly costs you nothing, and super sets are usually made up easily in drops for the tasks.

And frankly I don't think you should judge slayers as "newbie" because they choose different armor sets. If anything, they should be called "reduced budget" because that's exactly what they are. Hell, I'm sure a lot of them can afford a fury and bandos but intentionally choose not to because their money has better uses. Don't judge someone's runescape wealth by their gear during combat. Maybe if they're strolling around varrock in full 3rd age and a phat that's different, but for slayer everyone has their own preferences and minor deviations from your "archetypes".

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Without super-antis and decent (90+ attack) melees, these do take forever.

ever tried maging them with an arcane stream? Miths are actually push overs now because of it.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!