The Three Slayer Archetypes

Solartide

Sick of people bringing cost into the discussion of what items are best >.>

Cost matters when you don't have that much money, like well most players (me included).

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 99 slayer and ive found no difference in dragon/rune/bandos for slayer time of tasks. Defender has made tasks shorter then dfs for me. I didnt use super sets on tasks till i was at least 93 slayer just because i was a cheep [wagon]. I have also never used prayers other then pray mele for dark beasts and some metals tasks and stuff like that. for me 10 p pots a task = 100k+ lol no thx im slaying to make money not lose it. Yah yah the whole you will make your money back for that pots via drops... thats almost never been true for me. ive had tasks where ive only made like 30k cuz of bad luck and if i was useing pots id lose money cuz of cost. Also on the whole whip is now useless? that goes into the whole bandos vs barrows thing. yes its better to use chaotic but then u lose money for the little boost. Whip is still great chaotic is a luxury and in no way makes whips useless. i don't understand the whole argument on rings i always use kuradels ferocious ring so that solves that. for the tasks that arnt in her cave there normally weak monsters where a zerker ring is not needed. I use fury only because i got it for 3 mill a while back and glory is ugly and big. If i was poor or had little money id take glory. I dont understand the want for faster slayer training at the cost of money. 1. You got black mask = great boost on accuracy and damage 2. you now have focus sight and hexacrest for magers and rangers 3. ferocious ring = +40 damage you have such a boost already that makes slayer fast i see no reason to rush levels or exp when slayers whole original purpose was to make you money. [wagon] for his 3 slayer types? lol that's completely dumb.. especially the summoner rofl. slayers choose what they wear because they like it or to make the task faster. There is no difference in types of slayers. Giving some1 a different class because he likes to spend money on skills rather than items is dumb.

You'd be in group number 4.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Well i'm sorry for prematurely assuming this, but as far as i can tell, slayer is a louzy moneymaker. Like really terrible if you have any idea of efficient moneymaking. That's the reason rish people(and well, it's way too easy to make money nowadays) would go for the most efficient method of training this skill(really enjoy the people who bring claws/rest sup attacks). The faster you kill the monsters the faster xp you get the more money you get from the tasks.

For the whip comment, yes, it is useless now. Not only was i able to do 33 tasks on one full charge(2m or 200k if you already have very high dungeoneering), i only had to not use it on waterfiends(where you'd use maul with high dungeoneering), where as whip is rubbish on dragons and aquanites. I can understand losing out on a load of smaller bonuses, but + 19 str and +12 stab(which is the best style for slayer) is easily worth the slight cost.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well i'm sorry for prematurely assuming this, but as far as i can tell, slayer is a louzy moneymaker. Like really terrible if you have any idea of efficient moneymaking. That's the reason rish people(and well, it's way too easy to make money nowadays) would go for the most efficient method of training this skill(really enjoy the people who bring claws/rest sup attacks). The faster you kill the monsters the faster xp you get the more money you get from the tasks.

For the whip comment, yes, it is useless now. Not only was i able to do 33 tasks on one full charge(2m or 200k if you already have very high dungeoneering), i only had to not use it on waterfiends(where you'd use maul with high dungeoneering), where as whip is rubbish on dragons and aquanites. I can understand losing out on a load of smaller bonuses, but + 19 str and +12 stab(which is the best style for slayer) is easily worth the slight cost.

Absolutely, 2,350 runescape players have the dungeoneering requirement to use chaotic weapons. Due to this massive influx of players and their chaotic weapons whips are now no more than useless garbage, they'll be 500k in a few days.

clansig7.gif

Absolutely, 2,350 runescape players have the dungeoneering requirement to use chaotic weapons. Due to this massive influx of players and their chaotic weapons whips are now no more than useless garbage, they'll be 500k in a few days.

lol yes thats so accurate so true im sure all the pvp'ers will drop what there doing to spend 2 months getting there chaotic weps and the people who don't like dungeering will see how every1 is getting them and decide to do it even though they hate it and then the people who hate barrows and items that need to be fixed will also change there habits just to fit into your stereotype of every1 droping the all crappy whip for the almighty chaotic weps.

lol yes thats so accurate so true im sure all the pvp'ers will drop what there doing to spend 2 months getting there chaotic weps and the people who don't like dungeering will see how every1 is getting them and decide to do it even though they hate it and then the people who hate barrows and items that need to be fixed will also change there habits just to fit into your stereotype of every1 droping the all crappy whip for the almighty chaotic weps.

It only took me like 3 weeks, doing a few hours a day. It's not hard.

• 2 weeks later...

wthsx.png

Where would he fit in? (He's using slash with cls as well)

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

This topic is funny, regardless if it's serious or not.

I would love to see more of these kind of topics, perhaps the different archetypes of green dragon slayers!

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

wthsx.png

Inexperienced player using his friend's high level account, is my best guess.

Looks more like one of the suprisingly high number of people that think the CLS is better. Not surprisingly, they are wrong.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

fighter torso and glory 4 lyfe

Ironically, a fighter torso + SW cape actually provides more prayer bonus and the same strength bonus as a fire cape and proselyte top. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

wthsx.png

Inexperienced player using his friend's high level account, is my best guess.

Looks more like one of the suprisingly high number of people that think the CLS is better. Not surprisingly, they are wrong.

1. despite irons being "weak" to stab slash is actualy better with cls on irons than stab (the arcane beats me thats just nooby)

2. your right, the second i bought rapier everons like nub cls has higher str so its better, well wehn i hit 6 650s for every 5 720s you hit well see whats better, so yes rapier is better than cls by fast and personaly i think they should remove the letter "i" from its name

next wepaon im getting is maul for wfs and a few other reasons

its also not hard to get, 1-69 took me a week then i quit

69-80 took me memorial day weekend so yea its only 10 days assuming you start at 1

its about 5 days if your already decent dung and prestige

people think its too much work for a pker, well looking at cls and vls, vls is 18m/h for an overall sucky weapon and cls is 50k/h for a superior weapon once you invest your initial 50h of work

a_final_name.png

I've found that slayers generally fit into one of the following three archetypes. Well, the melee slayers anyway.

First, we have the newbie slayer:

newbieg.png

This slayer generally wears a glory, a fighter torso, and a rune defender. No matter what you say to him, he will defend that glory is superior to the fury, fighter torso is better than a bcp, and that the rune defender outstrips the dfs. There's no use arguing with these people- They'll ignore what you say and start citing numbers and such. But that's fine.

Next we have the pro slayer:

proco.png

This slayer had some starting capital and jumped into the slayer with the best gear money can buy. Odds are, this type of slayer will be wearing a fire cape or a skill cape. These slayers know what the best gear is and can afford it.

Finally, the summoner:

summ.png

Combat level is huge for this guy. Prayer, Summoning, must level them up as soon as you have even the slightest bit of money. Fancy equipment is not needed, it is better off sold and used to fund leveling summoning and such. Rune plate, rune legs, rune defender, and a little luxury to indulge in: a whip.

I fit into none of these categories, and don't care much for the first one. The first one is more of a "pure" mindset, of people who consider defensive stats to be near useless. Although, imo, the +4 str of the fighter torso is all but useless, and that the fury is superior or tied to the glory in every stat....Well, these days, a fury is arguably not worth the cost, especially since I'm pretty sure you can't get it from the GE. Thankfully I have mine from ages ago. Also, many high level slayers argue that the DFS is all but useless, except for wyverns and mithril drags.

Lastly, I myself definitely fit into the summoner category with my 88 summon, yet I still have fairly expensive items. Not bandos - yet - but SGS, DFS, and dragon plate body and legs, not to mention fury, is definitely in the higher end armour category.

Also, the rune defender is incredibly useful on a lot of monsters. Don't shoot it down.

anybody else getting tired of these RS stereotype threads? <_<

I think the problem is most of them try to take a few stereotypes THEY run into, then classify those as the only ones. For one thing, there are always exceptions. The other thing is, people rarely fit into one stereotype. I can, off the top of my head, make a dozen "stereotypes" about slayers; however, these are much more specific stereotypes. It would be more of a questionaire type deal.

For example, healing. Do you use food and/or familiars and/or items to heal and/or Soul Split and/or other? (Other could be say bloodspells/no healing whatsoever.)

Food: what type of food: monkfish, sharks, or maybe tuna potatoes/rockfish or whatever those new epic ones are.

Familiars: bunyip or unicorn.

Items: SGS or EE.

Me, I genereally use unicorn and SGS to heal.

And that's just one question.....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Double post.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Umm, are you only talking about mid-high to high level slayers?

Because if not, you seem to have missed the ones who use Dragon Plateskirt, Med Helm, Longsword, Amulet of Strength, Granite Body, Rune Boots, Obsidian Cape and Shield.

Surely someone else caught onto this... :mellow: Not reading the whole thread to find out, though.

For the record, being done with melee, I find melee Slayer a waste of combat XP.

I'm one of those new-age mage slayers who came around after the civil rights move... Err, Strykewyrm update.

- Plus the super fancy Arcane_stream_necklace.gif ...

2dgucz6.png