26-May-2010 - RuneScape Classic Temporarily Re-opening

Krampell

It's actually quite fun to see what all the newschool players think of it, but the reason quite a few players who actually played rsc wasn't the gameplay or the graphics- we all knew they were awful at best, but the community and the way it was run in those days. Rsc didn't allow you to gain massive amounts of experiance so you really had to work hard to achieve anything, but the rewards for it were equally good. The community was alot more laid back and friendly, even if you were a new player. The version you can now log into now is just the core, the fruit is long gone.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually quite fun to see what all the newschool players think of it, but the reason quite a few players who actually played rsc wasn't the gameplay or the graphics- we all knew they were awful at best, but the community and the way it was run in those days. Rsc didn't allow you to gain massive amounts of experiance so you really had to work hard to achieve anything, but the rewards for it were equally good. The community was alot more laid back and friendly, even if you were a new player. The version you can now log into now is just the core, the fruit is long gone.

Hey there, not trying to be the spelling police or anything, but I noticed in your posts you keep making the same mistake and spelling the word *experience* wrong. There is no A in the word experience :)

I think the "popularity" of RSC at the moment shows us that all those players claiming the good old days were better are actually a bunch of liars.

Pretty much what people rant about these days is what RSC offers them right now, no trade limits, real pk loots, no GE...

Go ahead, play it all you want! Stop filling our rants forums with insignificant trolling and play RSC today! Although you'll probably be alone in a month, have fun!

Your ignorance amazes me.

The reason it was good was the community, which isn't there anymore. If RSC was opened back up to free players, and access was never limited to a few times a year, a lot of people would play. This was proved when Reines made RSCDaemon, the community was awesome, but Jagex shut it down. The best thing on rsc was the pking. F2p pking was so amazing. The reason that rsc will die again before the registrations open again is because the game sucks without a community and right now it's mainly just rs2 ppl checking it out for a few days then they'll quit. Back then you couldn't really make a living from soley doing combat, now that's pretty much the best way. Back when mining and fishing were actually some of the most profitable things and actually worth the time to do, not to just raise the levels..

I think the "popularity" of RSC at the moment shows us that all those players claiming the good old days were better are actually a bunch of liars.

Pretty much what people rant about these days is what RSC offers them right now, no trade limits, real pk loots, no GE...

Go ahead, play it all you want! Stop filling our rants forums with insignificant trolling and play RSC today! Although you'll probably be alone in a month, have fun!

Your ignorance amazes me.

The reason it was good was the community, which isn't there anymore. If RSC was opened back up to free players, and access was never limited to a few times a year, a lot of people would play. This was proved when Reines made RSCDaemon, the community was awesome, but Jagex shut it down. The best thing on rsc was the pking. F2p pking was so amazing. The reason that rsc will die again before the registrations open again is because the game sucks without a community and right now it's mainly just rs2 ppl checking it out for a few days then they'll quit. Back then you couldn't really make a living from soley doing combat, now that's pretty much the best way. Back when mining and fishing were actually some of the most profitable things and actually worth the time to do, not to just raise the levels..

Your ignorance is amazing too...

Access is not limited to few times a year, only getting your account enabled. After those 2 weeks, everyone who has gained access can still play RSC, but most don't because RSC is at a near death state and will probably always be like this. When you mean community, do you mean the quality of people or the quantity? Seems you are ranting more about quantity than quality....

You say that "The reason that rsc will die again before the registrations open again is because the game sucks without a community and right now it's mainly just rs2 ppl checking it out for a few days then they'll quit."

... Sigh, RSC isn't "dead" and registration have already begun... The reason it will die down is that there are not enough players interested in playing a vintage game like RSC. Some people look for a community to spark interest in a game, while others will look for gameplay and not everyone likes not being able to run, not having bank notes and having to use a sleeping bag every hour or so...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Does anyone know of any RS Classic guides for skills or quests?

Checked around the old Tip.It site for classic, but I found it to only give basic knowledge on stuff and not guides.

I took my opportunity to revive my Runescape Classic account the last time the chance was given. I'm interested to see what sort of Runescape Classic events the Tip.it Events Team can come up with, and hope that they take place while I'm a member so I can actually participate in them.

Checked around the old Tip.It site for classic, but I found it to only give basic knowledge on stuff and not guides.

If you want to play classic, do it without any guides, it is much more fun in my opinion ;)

But this will be useful:

[spoiler=Warning! Large image!]

map%20of%20runescape%202.gif

It isn't complete, but I don't think to many newbies go in the desert, wildy or south karamja ;)

If you want to play classic, do it without any guides, it is much more fun in my opinion ;)

But this will be useful:

[spoiler=Warning! Large image!]

map%20of%20runescape%202.gif

It isn't complete, but I don't think to many newbies go in the desert, wildy or south karamja ;)

Saved the picture. :P

I like guides though. ;_;

Current goal is to complete all quests, and I have no idea what to kill to get my combat up.

Everything you kill gets you combat lvls, at this stage you shouldn't worry about what monster you should kill, just find any place what lots of low lvl monsters (Think of places you know! barbarian village, goblin village, the blue moon inn, any farm with chickens, ...)

I signed up and saw the 2000+ days since I last signed in from a defunct cable/internet provider.

Anyway, is there a reason Jagex limits signing up to RSC to just twice a year? If they don't want "newbs" rushing into their old game, just limit it to member accounts with 6 months of membership or more. That will at least increase the number of people that'll check out the vintage game, ergo increase the community.

Personally, I can't stand it. Didn't like it 6 years ago, still don't like now. However, I can appreciate that some find enjoyment where others find misery. How else can you explain country music.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Current goal is to complete all quests, and I have no idea what to kill to get my combat up.

That was my goal too when it reopened last time. :^_^:

For cash I started training herblore.

I saw people making tons with super sets, rsof was filled with threads of people selling herblore supplies.

Gathered my own herbs, my own vials and bought secondaries from others. (at least the ones I could not buy myself) -> breakeven

After a week or two, they limited the numbers of servers. Result -> all herblore shops were constantly bought out.

No worries I thought, I'll come back in a month when it gets less crowded.

Everyone had left the game and secondaries weren't sold anymore... :mellow:

Unless you're a 100% diy'er, don't get your hopes up. :P