26-May-2010 - RuneScape Classic Temporarily Re-opening

Krampell

Back in November, we opened RuneScape-Classic up to members for two weeks, and said at the time that we would have another re-opening in six months. So here it is, another chance to try the world of Classic!

RuneScape Classic is the original version of RuneScape as it was six years ago in 2004. Playing it gives an interesting look at just how far the game has evolved in the last six years, and has a real retro feel. Classic is not normally open for new users to play, and only ‘classic-enabled’ accounts can play RuneScape Classic.

For a limited period only, we are opening Classic up to new users again, and giving users another chance to ‘classic-enable’ their account. The re-opening period is Tuesday 1st June to Tuesday 15th June. It will work like this:

* All RuneScape members will be able to log in to Classic during the re-opening period. Note that you must be a member in order to log in to Classic and to ‘Classic Enable’ your account.

* If you log in to Classic during the re-opening period, your account will become ‘classic enabled’, and you will then continue to be able to log in to Classic even after the re-opening period ends.

* If your membership lapses, you will not be able to log into Classic again until you become a member again. However, your account remains ‘classic enabled’ regardless of any membership lapses, so you won’t permanently lose your access by letting your membership lapse afterwards – it will return once you become a member again.

We are very glad to be able to offer RuneScape Classic to our members, and hope you enjoy it!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that they're going to continue offering RSC every so often. It's a great glimpse into the the history of RS.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I joined just after RS2 was released and have never acctually tried classic, I am looking forwars to this. :thumbsup:

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

Should be quite nostalgic looking back at how bad it was in comparison but we still played :P

I still think to this day that RSC is better. If there was a consistent population that played, I would never play RS2 anymore

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Should be quite nostalgic looking back at how bad it was in comparison but we still played :P

I still think to this day that RSC is better. If there was a consistent population that played, I would never play RS2 anymore

I agree, the community was brilliant I lived in the fishing guild and sometimes catherby, I remember the main trades were done in varrock palace, pretty much where the G.E is now which I guess could be total coincidence :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

They do this every time I quit. Grr.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'm with you on this one.. but I think that it really is dead, the last opening lasted for about 1 week before the servers were completely barren.

j_birdd.png

I'm still upset my stats went down to one... so I probably won't try this much.

I had some good level 70 stats back then :(

I know how you feel, was a pretty epic 3-hitter myself with 87 strength 1 defence and 60 attack ( used dbaxe ftw!)

but at least it might create a small hype and hopefully breath some synthetic ovxygen into the community (it's basically dead ... )

edit: although I'm definitely not going to miss all those hours camping at lesser demons (when i was f2p in 2003 training strength... )!

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

I'm with you on this one.. but I think that it really is dead, the last opening lasted for about 1 week before the servers were completely barren.

Yeah I know its dead...and it will always be dead. People just don't know how to appreciate a game for what it is. Most players look at games and say "Are the graphics better? Are there more characters? Are there more items, quests, etc? Is the game more realistic? Oh, therefore the game is better."

All that stuff is so superficial. Its like looking back at Zelda: Ocarina of Time and calling it a bad game. In my opinion that game is STILL the best game ever made. Does it have the best graphics? Is it the longest game? Is it the hardest game? Does it have the most weapons and other features?

No. But the gameplay gives an incredible, enjoyable experience. Thats how I feel about RSC

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

every time i log into classic, i get tons of pms from all my friends going "what?? classic?? why!?!?!?"

My response: "Cause it's Awesome....."

I remember my first year or so playing runescape, before rs2 came out. I felt sooo accomplished when i got my addy 2h and full mith :)

pere_grin.png

My stats were probably reset...although my stats sucked, my bank was quite loaded...

On my first account, I had over 40 various phats, 20 santas, 100 eggs, and several disks. That was before RS2 and they were worth 20k max. That account was key logged and permanently banned.

I miss classic. It is a shame that more people don't play it.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]