Dungeoneering made me quit

Merre

Title says it all. After playing for +5 years I've decided to go play another game.

When Jagex invented the trade limit & the GE I took a 1y-break to play LOTRO. Once I achieved everything I could achieve there I came back to RS to give it a new chance.

It seemed ok and I quickly found out the game got nicer in graphical & gameplaying way.

One thing that bothered me most till now were the merch clans & the autoers everywhere advertising for these clans. I still don't understand why Jagex doesn't do anything about this.

BUT the main thing why I have decided to quit RS for a year again is the new skill dungeoneering.

I worked hard the last months getting slayer, mining & farm +85 and all skills +70.

Also got my QP to +270 and managed to get a full haloween mask set. My next goal was getting all skills +75 and then make cash so I could afford a white phat.

That was before dungeoneering was released. Come on: this is nothing but a sucky minigame!

No skill, no challenge, no fun. I don't see why I would waste my time doing something as boring as this for no reward at all.

O yes, there are rewards but they don't contribute anything to the game at all and are extremely timeconsuming to obtain.

Not only do I lack the patience to get this skill to 75 but I simply lost faith in Jagex at this point. I work hard during the week, I'm away from home alot doing training courses in other European countries

or just spending time with my wife. And when I get home and wanna relax I simply can't do it with RS anymore. I'm sighing all the time and don't find satisfaction anymore.

I started World Of Warcraft two weeks ago and find it quite amusing. I'll see how long it takes before I feel the need to come back and try RS again...

For now it's over... Cya later Tip.It & gl to everyone who thinks RS is still fun :)

Laterz...

Son Of Judas

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Yeah auotmated prayer xp so bones dont get wasted.

Off-hand poison stopper

Off-hand unlimited water runes

Some of the new best weps for boss hunting in game

Free seeds from farm patches

etc.

All contribute nothing at all to the game, and this is only batch one we still have all of batch 2 to launch AND the newly announced outer world dungeoneering spots etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

:blink. Jagex adds something with new content that should be totally unrelated to what you are doing, and you quit?

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

You're quitting because you don't want to get this skill to 75? Who cares if all your skills aren't 75, play for fun not to be able to say all 75+ lol i'm gud

I don't see how the skill is going to bother you if you don't train it.

From my personal experience of playing RS for just over 8 years now, Dungeoneering is the first and only skill that has made me seriously wonder whether I should go for all 99's. After all, most people hope to achieve all 99's one day, to then have a skill that requires 104M exp in one skill to get the full total level? It IS rediculous, and I'm sorry but that is insane. I would rather go for 200M Slayer exp, and that's saying something, coming from a combat-fanatic myself (73m attack exp, 18m slayer exp).

I think dungeoneering has potential, but for now I'm certainly not training it in Daeomonheim dungeons. Running around in circles, picking up keys and killing boss-like monsters destroys a part of my soul each time, knowing I need 104M exp in it just to master it fully. It's lamps, tears of guthix and books of knowledge for me. So I can see it from your point of view, don't worry many of us don't like dungeoneering. Hopefully batch 2 can rectify the skill.

2vuhgcn.png

I agree with OP that dungeoneering is just a bad minigame. But this is only batch one wait till batch two, you will probably end up liking dungeoneering then. It is just like summoning.

ChosenZamrok.png

You could just, ya know, not play dungeoneering. It's basically what I'm doing, I'm just getting 80 for the rapier and never touching it again.

Also one of the biggest criticisms of dungeoneering is that it's a rip off of WOW.. and then you go play WOW. :-k

You could just, ya know, not play dungeoneering. It's basically what I'm doing, I'm just getting 80 for the rapier and never touching it again.

Also one of the biggest criticisms of dungeoneering is that it's a rip off of WOW.. and then you go play WOW. :-k

Except that Dungeoneering is dungeon crawling (Torchlight, Diablo, etc) and nothing like WoW. WoW has heroics and raids, which have no dungeon crawling whatsoever, its the same instance every time and its completely combat-based.

OP is just a kid that doesn't understand fun gameplay and will end up coming back to Runescape like all the "quitters" do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What? Dungeoneering is awesome, don't treat your opinion like it's a fact.

Besides, monsters and bosses are way smarter down there than above. Gives a sense of adventure and risk!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You're quitting because you don't feel like getting a skill to above 75? Seriously. What IN THE WORLD is making you have some sort of moral obligation to have to train every skill to above 75? Sense of accomplishment? If you hate a skill just don't train it - I don't see how that lessens your "sense of accomplishment". Respect? PLEASE - this is just an online game - does it matter whether some people e-respect you or not?

What? Dungeoneering is awesome, don't treat your opinion like it's a fact.

Besides, monsters and bosses are way smarter down there than above. Gives a sense of adventure and risk!

How are they any smarter?

You're quitting because you don't feel like getting a skill to above 75? Seriously. What IN THE WORLD is making you have some sort of moral obligation to have to train every skill to above 75? Sense of accomplishment? If you hate a skill just don't train it - I don't see how that lessens your "sense of accomplishment". Respect? PLEASE - this is just an online game - does it matter whether some people e-respect you or not?

Honestly, it's the mindset that was being referred to here that gives RS it's reputation as a grindfest.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Try safespotting any monster. All they will do is simply moonwalk out of the spot, and possibly move out of attacking range. They have lots of offense and defense too.

Also, bosses can turn off prayers, do heavy damage, and have some nasty tricks on the spot.

The combat level of monsters/bosses in Daemonheim = a player of that combat level.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Try safespotting any monster. All they will do is simply moonwalk out of the spot, and possibly move out of attacking range. They have lots of offense and defense too.

Also, bosses can turn off prayers, do heavy damage, and have some nasty tricks on the spot.

The combat level of monsters/bosses in Daemonheim = a player of that combat level.

Many monsters do that when you safespot them.

Have you ever fought quest bosses? Glod is nearly impossible to kill without high level maging from a safespot (I've only found 1 safespot), Barrelchest there are no safespots and he deactivates prayer, Karil drains stats and thereby food quickly, Inadequacy is very powerful, summons minions, and you can't use prayer (not to mention he's the first of 4 bosses in a row). I could probably go on.

Bosses are the same wherever you fight them.

That is a good point.

Not much to say.

I do agree with the thinking that Dungeoneering is a piece of [cabbage] skill and should be introduced as a minigame and taken out of skills.

However, if it made you QUIT RS, then I'm glad you're gone.

:mellow:

PM me for fitocracy invite

Have you ever fought quest bosses? Glod is nearly impossible to kill without high level maging from a safespot (I've only found 1 safespot), Barrelchest there are no safespots and he deactivates prayer, Karil drains stats and thereby food quickly, Inadequacy is very powerful, summons minions, and you can't use prayer (not to mention he's the first of 4 bosses in a row). I could probably go on.

That is a good point.

He is f2p only.

He doesn't know that members monsters can also act like that.

That is a good point.

He is f2p only.

He doesn't know that members monsters can also act like that.

Very sorry for not noticing that.

Not much to say.

Honestly, it's the mindset that was being referred to here that gives RS it's reputation as a grindfest.

Your point being?

So what if he has a mindset to have to "grind" everything? Can't it be changed? It's merely an absurd excuse. It would be more valid if it came from a computer game addict, but since he's saying the skill (and the game) sucks, so why the hell wouldn't he just ignore the skill? Or if he's so busy with real life as he says, then just quit the game, but there's no need to blame the skill for it.

Your point being?

So what if he has a mindset to have to "grind" everything? Can't it be changed? It's merely an absurd excuse. It would be more valid if it came from a computer game addict, but since he's saying the skill (and the game) sucks, so why the hell wouldn't he just ignore the skill? Or if he's so busy with real life as he says, then just quit the game, but there's no need to blame the skill for it.

I have no interest in considering that a negative statement. It is merely a belief of mine.

And I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Not much to say.

Your point being?

I have no interest in considering that a negative statement. It is merely a belief of mine.

And I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Ok, I seriously don't understand your logic or your way of thinking, but, heck, we'll just leave it at that.

That is a good point.

Nonono, I mean that unlike above surface monsters, Daemonheim monsters will occasionally "lose interest" in you when you safespot, sometimes moving out of it (effectively moving into attack range).

And I should go into more specific about the monster combat level. It affects both its offense and defense, and unlike above surface it increases far more exponentially.

Ever wonder why praying is a must when you fight high-level monsters and bosses in Daemonheim? If you don't, they can easily kill you while you safe like hell.

Attack styles matter a hell lot too (though I guess you know that already). This proves the defense of monsters here is unusually higher than above surface.

Bosses also seem to have a ton of hitpoints for their level. ~10000 LP or even more for the 400+ versions.

And even a 115 ranger has over 1000 LP.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

nope, thats is incorrect, surface monster do that if and only if you are out of their "area" else they will come between you and safespot stand there waiting you to range or mage them.

but monster in Daemonheim, the whole room is their "area" yet they will instantly moonwalk when you had something small thing such as crate, bed, rock, wall that protrude and etc in front of you or safespot them.

nope, thats is incorrect, surface monster do that if and only if you are out of their "area" else they will come between you and safespot stand there waiting you to range or mage them.

but monster in Daemonheim, the whole room is their "area" yet they will instantly moonwalk when you had something small thing such as crate, bed, rock, wall that protrude and etc in front of you or safespot them.

True. But I've never been any good at safespotting in another way.

Not much to say.