Ranarr farming?

Leyenda

When farming ranarrs, how do you ensure that they do not die? Or do you just plant them and hope they don't die?

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

well firstly a scroll of life is very helpful. next you want to make sure to use supercompost. its a good idea to bind an amulet of nature to one of your patches (one of the last ones in your run) so if it does become diseased you can go heal it. if your alching you might as well stand at another patch to make sure it doesnt get diseased. to maximize profits and save time make sure you have the magic sceatuers and beat fairy tale 3 so you don't have to rake weeds

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Well yes just hope they dont die. :P The best thing you can do is to use supercompost and the herbs will rarely die. Oh and the patch from My Arm's Big Adventure quest is disease free. :thumbup:

EDIT: Slowpoke

Sephy.png

I also just plant my seeds with supercompost and hope for the best. If you did want to be absolutely sure, though, that none of your plants ever die, here's what you could do:

1. Plant all your herb seeds with supercompost.

2. Bind your nature ammy to one herb plant or another (I bind it to the last plant in my rotation, so that I can know when they're all done).

3. 40 minutes after planting, visit your herb plants again, and treat any disease that has appeared. (You can skip the troll patch, as it's disease free, and you can skip the patch that your ammy is bound to, because you can just ask your ammy whether it's diseased or not.)

4. 20 minutes after you began the last round of checks, check your herbs again.

5. 20 minutes after that last round of checks, or once your nature ammy buzzes, go and harvest all of your herbs and re-plant.

Ultimately, it's not too much work to farm in this way. Instead of making one complete farming run every 80 minutes, you make one complete run and two partial runs.

kindness.png

The only way to be sure they won't die is to check them or only plant them at Trollheim. The Trollheim patch will never die. I'd suggest farming either Avantoe or Toadflax. If they die it's no big deal, if they live you make a nice profit. I personally farm Avantoes and then turn them into potions. ATM I am making 4k super energy pots. :)

x_exdeath_x.png

Offering 91 and 93 herblore assists. PM me in game.

The only way to be sure they won't die is to check them or only plant them at Trollheim. The Trollheim patch will never die. I'd suggest farming either Avantoe or Toadflax. If they die it's no big deal, if they live you make a nice profit. I personally farm Avantoes and then turn them into potions. ATM I am making 4k super energy pots. :)

I do believe snapdragon are still better profit than ranarr? Torstol also used to be good, but now seeds are too costly for it to be worth it. You make more off ranarrs than avantoes or toadflax per patch.

another tip for less herbs to die, is higher farming level, but you all knew that :P

Not sure if snapdragons are better profit. If you can consistently grow a large number they probably are.

You make more off avantoes and toadflax when the ranarr patches die. You make more off ranarrs if you sit and watch them. There are better things to do in RS than sit and watch herbs grow imo.

edit: might be profitable to do ranarrs. I just noticed their seed price isn't 40k anymore. I will have to check this out :)

x_exdeath_x.png

Offering 91 and 93 herblore assists. PM me in game.

I do believe snapdragon are still better profit than ranarr? Torstol also used to be good, but now seeds are too costly for it to be worth it. You make more off ranarrs than avantoes or toadflax per patch.

another tip for less herbs to die, is higher farming level, but you all knew that :P

I'm fairly certain that farming level has no effect on the rate of herbs and trees dieing. I haven't tested this myself, but it's what I have been told by others, and my rates have been constant really since below 50 farming, so I have no reason to believe that higher farming = less deaths, unless it's an minuscule increase.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Only problem here is that this is false...

The ONLY thing a higher farming level does aside from being able to farm more items, is you have a higher Max Yield (Kind of useless considering your chances of getting a higher yield don't increase though)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Only problem here is that this is false...

The ONLY thing a higher farming level does aside from being able to farm more items, is you have a higher Max Yield (Kind of useless considering your chances of getting a higher yield don't increase though)

i've never seen proof of either of those claims. quite the contrary, my own farming logs (50 seeds at level 85, 50 at level 90) have shown both a greater average yield, and a lower death rate.

show me a jagex quote, and i'll change that opinion.

(50 seeds at level 85, 50 at level 90)

Wayyy too small sample size. I get weeks with more than 20% dead patches, weeks with lots of 40's and average weeks. And I plant like 150 seeds per week.

I planted 1k seeds once while keeping a log, got a 6.82 average (without scroll of life) at level 99. So even if there is an increase it's not large since most people report yields similar to this.

And to the post above, I think that only goes for allotments.

Currently at a 7.67 average over 537 seeds (with scroll of life), I remember it being 7.8 or something at 200 seeds and ~7.5 at 400 seeds. It really goes up and down a lot.

2dvjurb.png

Secret? I wish I knew.

Sometimes, if you do your farming runs on a tight interval, you can catch SOME herbs before they die and cure them.

No secret, just plant in all 5 herb patches.

The 4 allotment spots and My Arms patch. Use super compost here.

Any seed you plant in My Arms patch WILL survive. No compost needed as it will survive.

Do dungeoneering for scroll of life. Even if your plants LIVE you will get your seed back sometimes.

It is still recommended to do so at it increases the minimum amount yielded. I once didn't put super compost on My Arm's patch and only gotten 3 herbs back while using the Magic Sects.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]