Real life pictures - 4

Marco

I have a thing against longboards. Well, maybe not the boards themselves, but the people who ride them where I live are such tools. They're really trendy at my University I guess. But you get they kind of people who ride them through crowds of people, along the walkways, weaving in out of people. And then you have the types who rock up 20 minutes late to a lecture, walk out in fron of the lecturer to prop up their longboard on the other side of the room, and then slowly find a seat, while holding the lecturer up.

/rant

Those are the sort of guys who do it to look cool, they aren't true longboarders.

Thats debatable. What truly makes a 'true' longboarder? The most basic principle to longboards is transportation, which is why longboarding is popular on university campuses because of it's practicality.

tFtfA.jpg

That's true to a certain extent, but on my way home today I saw a guy longboard past me, then pick up his recyling bins and go inside a house, so he clearly lived across the road from the campus, and used it go get to class. Again, it's the people, not the longboard, but still.

rosssigfinal.jpg

[spoiler=Picture A]0913000141-1.png Pic A :D

[spoiler=Picture B]28375_389412388638_589978638_4221624_5398083_n.jpg picture B please :3 (one on the right lol)

You look like the guy from Two and a Half Menicon_thumbs.gif

That's true to a certain extent, but on my way home today I saw a guy longboard past me, then pick up his recyling bins and go inside a house, so he clearly lived across the road from the campus, and used it go get to class. Again, it's the people, not the longboard, but still.

anyone who has a longboard is either in college or lives near the beach. those are the only times i've seen people use longboards and the only places i see people sell them

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

I have a thing against longboards. Well, maybe not the boards themselves, but the people who ride them where I live are such tools. They're really trendy at my University I guess. But you get they kind of people who ride them through crowds of people, along the walkways, weaving in out of people. And then you have the types who rock up 20 minutes late to a lecture, walk out in fron of the lecturer to prop up their longboard on the other side of the room, and then slowly find a seat, while holding the lecturer up.

/rant

Those are the sort of guys who do it to look cool, they aren't true longboarders.

Thats debatable. What truly makes a 'true' longboarder? The most basic principle to longboards is transportation, which is why longboarding is popular on university campuses because of it's practicality.

It's longboarding etiquette to be considerate of other people, and not to skate on the sidewalks/pavements if at all possible.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

/rant

It's longboarding etiquette to be considerate of other people, and not to skate on the sidewalks/pavements if at all possible.

Cyclists are worse, but people skateboarding/longboarding on the pavement can be irritating, but I've no issue with that. Cyclists have to use the road, can't stand it when they use busy paths. :razz:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

[spoiler=Picture A]0913000141-1.png Pic A :D

[spoiler=Picture B]28375_389412388638_589978638_4221624_5398083_n.jpg picture B please :3 (one on the right lol)

You look like the guy from Two and a Half Menicon_thumbs.gif

Nice eyes buddy.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

/rant

Cyclists are worse, but people skateboarding/longboarding on the pavement can be irritating, but I've no issue with that. Cyclists have to use the road, can't stand it when they use busy paths. :razz:

@Sam that's just good etiquette in general, but where are you suppose to skate if not on pavement/ sidewalks? The grass?

@Rainy I agree, cyclist need to stick to riding on roads, especially in the US otherwise cities aren't going to invest money into bike lanes, etc. I cycle everyday so when I see people ride on sidewalks, it angers me.

I think it ultimately comes down to the individual, because people walking on foot can be just as bad as those on boards or bikes like today I got a chai tea at Starbucks on campus and I was walking back to the third floor of the student union and some girl in a group decided to swing out her arm to grab something out of her bag or something, was so unaware of her surroundings and almost completely knocked my chai out of my hands.

It'd also help it campuses (maybe some do, but mine doesn't) would install designated path for people on bikes and skateboards to ride in to help sort traffic in congested places like university campuses.

tFtfA.jpg

Roads in Arizona are dangerous and very congested around campus so if your one a board riding on the road during the day your asking for trouble, which is probably what makes riding a board on the sidewalk more acceptable here, i dunno. It is sidewalk surfing after all. :grin:

Longboarding is fun though, no matter where you do it. I just probably pull mine out soon and take it down a good hill or parking garage soon, it's been too long.

tFtfA.jpg

Remember to wear a helmet.

That being said, I need a picture with a helmet on, not just knee pads.

ON THAT TOPIC; Someone post some pictures!

Helmets are for kids. j/k

Since I spammed up the topic a bit, here's a picture from a hike I did this weekend. Ripped from FB so quality isn't great.

58418_464232644253_529764253_6456158_4379914_n.jpg

I'm the one on the right, my twin brother is on the left. I usually wear glasses so it's rare to see me not sporting them. Feel lucky.

tFtfA.jpg

5as5fq.png

Me doing the littleboy.

Wow I look really young in this picture.

Aha. I'm amused.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

Yeah, if you're reasonably fit, you'll find most of the times and difficulty ratings they put in the guides is a bit off. The one I did a couple of months back was supposed to be about 8 hours, but we did it in seven, and we took our sweet time too, plus it was snowed over.

rosssigfinal.jpg

South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona. It was suppose to be one of the more challenging hikes within the Phoenix valley but it honestly wasn't that hard.

Your brother panting says otherwise. You look good though, Steve.

ha, thanks.

Yeah, if you're reasonably fit, you'll find most of the times and difficulty ratings they put in the guides is a bit off. The one I did a couple of months back was supposed to be about 8 hours, but we did it in seven, and we took our sweet time too, plus it was snowed over.

Being in good shape probably did help but I also think it heat was suppose to be a huge factor too, it was right around 100F when we did this hike and if you weren't prepared for the heat you probably wouldn't have done so well.

tFtfA.jpg