Dungeoneering clans

Urza285

Do they exist? I mean seriously this is the first group cooperation skill to runescape and clan wise it ties in so nicely with boss hunting. I haven't been able to fully study how a clan would go about doing this, but its certainly has peaked my interest since release. I think the only irritating thing would be the fact that players need to have the levels to do consecutive runs.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I thought about making one for dungeoneering and boss hunting for the sheer experience of seeing how it would go. I don't have the time or interest in running a clan, but I've also thought of ways that the clan could run itself without powerhungry goobers trying to step on others toes. Just the fact that there would be so many with chaotic rapiers, longs and the shields would make each boss trip crazy fun.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A dungeoneering clan, especially a F2P one, would be excellent. Nothing irks me more than not being able to find F2P people for floors 30+. World 1 is the "F2P dungeoneering world," but I get a little bit of lag there.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Perhaps wait until Batch 2 comes out and see if Jagex fixes party-searching.

Actually, to be honest, I don't think they ever will implement a party-searching mechanism (you know, like the one they have in WoW).

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

the auto looking for group is so annoying.....it would save some time iff they fixed it

currently finding a team waste time its sorta like world 2 used to be for trades finding teams in 117 they should make a looking for group thing it could also spread dungeoneers to servers not 117 if they could invite people on the thing that are doing other skills then can get a pparty invitation like a ge offer.

StarViv.png

They do exist, if you look hard enough. I'm in one, actually. The reqs are 90+ dung and 130+ combat. I'm only 86 dung, but they made an exception for me because I'm friends with a few of the members and I'm training at a good pace.

td2sig.jpg

If you want to dung with good people you must be good yourself. Same thing with corp/bandos. Even though dungeoneering maxes at lvl 69, getting level 80+ means that you must be very skilled at finishing dungeons as quickly as possible. I haven't met a single person over level 80 that plays it 'casually'.

If you want to dung with good people you must be good yourself. Same thing with corp/bandos. Even though dungeoneering maxes at lvl 69, getting level 80+ means that you must be very skilled at finishing dungeons as quickly as possible. I haven't met a single person over level 80 that plays it 'casually'.

that is true most 90+ people rush dungeons and care about the speed epeccially 100+ dungeoneering and they gatestone stuff but i think people that had 69 when it first came out had overall better parties and they slowly degrade.

Just if u see someone good at dungeoneering dont be afraid to ask for an add cuz they can probably get you into a pro team or you can do future teams with them ;)

StarViv.png

People use you dungeoneering level as a measure of generally how reliable they can expect you to be. The higher your dungeoneering level, the more time you've put into the skill and therefore the more serious you are about training it... So generally, a level 85 or 90+ dungeoneering person is less likely to "ragequit" than a level 72 dungeoneering person.

To answer your question, Sqx, you right that there are rarely enough players who aren't wrapped up in teams already to start a full team with just clan members. However, there are usually at least two or three people from the clan who need the same floors as you, so we just make a team of 3 clan members and then recruit two "randomers" from W117. As long as those randomers don't leave or AFK, the 3 clan members (most of whom also happen to be maxed or near-maxed skill totals) working together can still do the rest of the dungeon with efficiency.

td2sig.jpg

I wouldn't "ragequit" lol... I've had the patience to get nearly every stat 90+ and max combat I think I can handle a 90 minute large dungeon. Yeah I might not be great at rushing, but if I see someone take the game so seriously that they wont teach someone to rush is rediculous. The faster to 80+ and getting the longsword the better to be honest. I wouldn't mind getting there before batch 2 just so there is something else to work towards. The only stats under 90 are hunter (86), farming (85) and dungeoneering (57).

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I wouldn't "ragequit" lol... I've had the patience to get nearly every stat 90+ and max combat I think I can handle a 90 minute large dungeon. Yeah I might not be great at rushing, but if I see someone take the game so seriously that they wont teach someone to rush is rediculous. The faster to 80+ and getting the longsword the better to be honest. I wouldn't mind getting there before batch 2 just so there is something else to work towards. The only stats under 90 are hunter (86), farming (85) and dungeoneering (57).

It doesn't matter how good you are at dungeoneering, because there is no stat for that, but the teams can look at how much time you've spent training the skill which mostly goes to show how well you can cope with it all, so really, asking for 90+ is totally fine by me. Teaching to rush? i do hope that was a joke, because people are there to train the skill as fast as they can and not to spend their time on newbs, if you know how to read there are more than enough guides to go around.

As for high skills, unless you are maxed in all but dungeoneering your skills suck there...(only one tool guy needed)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.