Crystal Key profit margins (100 tests)

Ustilts

So this is basicly purely informational for all yall fellow runescapers out there. I bought 100 Half keys, and recorded all the drops with some interesting results.

The facts:

I paid 71650 per key

Made about 788k total profit over what I paid

Took about 2 hours, so thats 380k an hour, not bad for not doing anything really.

Made about 7.8k per key, and thats at 71.6k per key, so if your planning on doing this, if you buy your keys for less than 80k each, you'll come out even, the less under 80k, the more your profit in the long term.

Runes always come as: 10 laws, 10 chaos, 10 cosmic, 10 death, 10 natures, 50 earth, 50 fire, 50 water, 50 air, 50 body, 50 mind.

The loot:

2 Diamonds, 2 Rubys: 9

100 Coal: 7

150 Iron: 11

5 Raw Swordfish, 1k coins: 9

Spinach roll, 2k coins: 30

Half key, 750gp: 2

Nothing: 7

Runes: 7

Addy sq: 3

3 Rune bars: 11

Rune skirt:1

siayer_katie.png

I bought 100 Half keys

Do you mean you bought 100 half keys? or 100 crystal keys.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Just browsing the RS Wikia and found this gem:

"The world map icon looks rather like the musical icon, "The king of rock and roll", Elvis Presley."

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I've done similar studies with ogre coffin keys & moleskins. Statistics are fun. =D>

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

"The world map icon looks rather like the musical icon, "The king of rock and roll", Elvis Presley."

I'm fishing at the moment just give me one sec...OH GOD IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm fishing at the moment just give me one sec...OH GOD IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!

So off topic, but I can't stop laughing, lol.

On Topic:

Either I seem to have better luck or something, but only two out of a hundred keys you got another half-key piece? I've gotten half-key pieces frequently, at least every three keys.

And of course it isn't a good money-making technique, but you can do it at level three with no skills at all.

Interesting, but I'd be more interested in opening various implings, eg nature and magpie mainly.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've done similar studies with ogre coffin keys & moleskins. Statistics are fun. =D>

And how was the results?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

And how was the results?

I observe a roughly 2/3 chance of getting a bone when using a key. I would rather not divulge the ratio of each particular bone; merching undervalued keys is one of the ways I make money.

The last time I checked moleskins, they were clear money losers. I should buy a thousand or so and test the spreads again for shiggles.

EDIT - OK, just ran 400 skins and did a P/L spreadsheet. I ended up making about 521gp per nest, which is kinda lousy considering how time intensive it is. If you high alch the 400 white lily seeds (w/ Falador shield 3), it goes up to 1,271gp per nest.

300 nests had seeds, 78 had rings, 22 were empty (75%, 20%, 5% roughly).

I also got 1 spirit seed which technically has no value, but realistically is quite rare.

Slow, but still, it's a way to make money.

Interesting, but I'd be more interested in opening various implings, eg nature and magpie mainly.

I've only tested a few of the types of jars and have almost always been disappointed in the returns.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I made a little test concerning the coffin keys.

With 100 keys (max buyable on ge per 4 hours) I got:

1 Ourg bone

11 Fayrg Bones

49 Zogre bones

12 Raurg bones

And a buttload of crap worth less than 250 gp.

in total I profited ~11k on this

It's a small sample size, I know, but I'll do another run in 4 hours :-)

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png