National Man Day

Maleficus1055

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=39581454903&index=1

National Man Day is tomorrow. So TIF, I urge you to make your day as manly as possible.

As for me, I'm going to start off tomorrow by eating a bowl of nails for breakfast. WITHOUT ANY MILK.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall not look at explosions with my aviator glasses.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Zicke, Zacke, Zicke, Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Since when does man day relate to video games? Isn't it wrestling bears, rock climbing without safeety ropes, and eating raw eggs?

Realitically though, wouldn't it be staying out?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Solo corp beast time! ^_^

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Just more evidence of the gross dominance of what is "manly" in our patriarchal society. What does it mean, exactly, to do manly things or be "manly"? These aren't "manly" activities, they're just part of our sexist culture to drive home the point that man = macho masculinity.

Just more evidence of the gross dominance of what is "manly" in our patriarchal society. What does it mean, exactly, to do manly things or be "manly"? These aren't "manly" activities, they're just part of our sexist culture to drive home the point that man = macho masculinity.

Sorry you feel that way. Feel free to participate in national woman day when it comes around to offset the terrible effects of a joke holiday that obviously breeds sexism in society :rolleyes:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

And International Star Wars Day, May the 4th (be with you), stereotypes nerds, etc.

Don't take holidays too seriously.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

2zqscjq.jpg

OT though, who invents all these days? Like talk like a pirate day, Star Wars day, etc...

-Edit-

The Facebook link provided makes you sign in and I found this looking for men's day on Google:

International Men's Day (IMD) is an annual international event celebrated on 19th of November

:unsure:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Does anyone have a chainsaw i can borrow? i'm gonna go for the lumberjack kinda look.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Completely agree. Even if it's "just a holiday".

It's not even a serious holiday.

polvCwJ.gif

It sprouted for a reason though.

For laughs maybe? Stop looking for reasons to argue/debate/stand on the moral high horse. This sure as hell isn't the thread for it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It sprouted for a reason though.

I see nick beat me too it, but I agree - it's a joke holiday. It's an opportunity to make fun of stereotypes by living them.

polvCwJ.gif

I must kill and cook my own dinner tomorrow. 'Twill be done.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif